Tenergy is to expensive!!!!!

I have tenergy now for a short time and it is not good any more after 4m, can't they make the rubber not a little bit sheaper? You can better but an other rubber and that can be even so good as the tenergy. How much do you give out on a tenergy? You can do other things whit that money! Lol ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
I also don't use butterfly rubber anymore since there are many alternatives that are cheaper and better in term of price. And I guess because Butterfly is enjoying a huge market in China mean that sales from other countries is negligible to them. You also notice their prices are going up and up... don't know when it will stop.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
That's right Fong. I don't know about value for money, but I do think they're expensive to the extent whether they're justifiable to command such high prices. They're good rubbers though, and ridiculously easy to play with, very forgiving. I also heard that the Chinese market has better quality Tenergys than us in Malaysia.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
I have buddy who just bought a new Tenergy 05 and after playing it on the first session, he was so impress with the rubber. However after 1 week and played 2 friendly matches where he only win 25% (won 2 out of 8 games). His main comment is that he is used to Tensor rubber and feel the Tenergy do not behave like Tensor rubber. He now gave up Tenergy and reverted to Tensor rubber at half price and can perform better now.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
T05 is a great rubber in many ways that still has yet to be duplicated in the same performance accross each stroke the same way. Yet, now, there are many modern SGE rubbers that can suit a number of different players very well without much or any overall drop-off in match results.

This is the reason I got rid of T05 on FH. Price in Japan Yen has been constant, but currency valuations caused price to go up. Before, I could get a sheet for low $50s with a small discount, but now, even in Korea, T05 is priced way too high, over $70 USD. Tibhar Aurus is an excellent fit for my controlled topspin and heavy/fast topspin attacking game. Control vs incomong topspin is wonderful. A new sheet costs 1/2 the price of a new sheet and I get a hefty discount from my sponsor. Tenergy lasts maybe 1 week of 100% performance and goes downhill from there. Still a good rubber at 3 weeks of daily use 4 hours. By the time 1 month has past, rubber is at 75% performance level and dropping fast. T05 has not so much help for your game past this point. Tibhar Aurus is still pretty damned good at 1 month point. I get a free sheet every two months and a nice discount if I decide to change it out earlier.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
To, Too and Two:

Not that I am really the best at stuff like this, but I cannot resist. I see this often so it is not against anyone in particular. I am really just having fun here.

Here are some definitions and usages:

To: preposition
1 expressing motion in the direction of (a particular location) : walking down to the mall / my first visit to Africa.
• expressing location, typically in relation to a specified point of reference : forty miles to the south of the site | place the cursor to the left of the first word.
• expressing a point reached at the end of a range or after a period of time : a drop in profits from $105 million to around $75 million | from 1938 to 1945.
• (in telling the time) before (the hour specified) : it's five to ten.
• approaching or reaching (a particular condition) : Christopher's expression changed from amazement to joy | she was close to tears.
• expressing the result of a process or action : smashed to smithereens.
2 identifying the person or thing affected : you were terribly unkind to her.

Too: adverb
1 [as submodifier ] to a higher degree than is desirable, permissible, or possible; excessively : he was driving too fast | he wore suits that seemed a size too small for him.
• informal very : you're too kind.
2 in addition; also : is he coming too?
• moreover (used when adding a further point) : she is a grown woman, and a strong one too.

Two: cardinal number
equivalent to the sum of one and one; one less than three; 2 : two years ago | a romantic weekend for two in Paris | two of Amy's friends. (Roman numeral: ii, II.)
• a group or unit of two people or things : they would straggle home in ones and twos.

Too many times I see the word "to" used to mean the word "too" or "two".

So in the title of this thread:

Tenergy is to Expensive!!! it should actually read:

Tenergy is too Expensive!!!

:)

By the way, I see the some of the moderators of this site, who I assume speak English as their first language making this mistake all the time. :)

So now you can all make fun of me when I write "to", and mean "too" or "two".

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Oh, and for the record, I might even say that Tenergy is Three Expensive, or, it might be:

Ten Expensive. :)

Three and Ten are more than too, right? :)

Now I have a new goal. There is a rubber called TenZone and it is too expensive. Then there is Tenergy and it is too expensive.

How do you guys think a rubber called:

TenExpensiveGee

would sell. :)

Last edited:
Mar 2011
TenExpensiveGee or TenExpensiveGy? :) Any way you put it Carl, as long as the word Expensive is in the middle, I would avoid it like a plague! hahaha But then again, it could be a typo and it was an oversight by Robben before he posted it. With the word "to", you're not gonna get a red underline as you do with the word "gonna" :) He might read the post before posting, but it may went unnoticed. I could easily do the same mistake to. HAHAHAHAAHA:)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
TenExpensiveGee or TenExpensiveGy? :) Any way you put it Carl, as long as the word Expensive is in the middle, I would avoid it like a plague! hahaha But then again, it could be a typo and it was an oversight by Robben before he posted it. With the word "to", you're not gonna get a red underline as you do with the word "gonna" :) He might read the post before posting, but it may went unnoticed. I could easily do the same mistake to. HAHAHAHAAHA:)

Me too on Tenergy and on to, too or two, and I have fun putting gonna in there. :) And my spell check does not give me a red underline for gonna. :)

Here is what my computer's dictionary says about gonna:

gonna |ˈgônə; ˈgənə| informal
contraction of
going to : we're gonna win this game.

The way language works, if we use to for too enough it might become accepted. :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hmmm...interesting. Could it be because I am using I am using uses British English and you're using American English? :)

:) I did not realize gonna was in a dictionary either. I just noticed that, on this computer it recognized the spelling so I clicked to look it up. :)

The person I notice using to for too most though, and it makes me laugh, and, as I said, it really does not matter, I was just being me, :) is Dan. Dan uses to for too quite a bit. :) Too busy with with all his studies to add the extra o. :)

Its good that it isn't spelling gonorrhea.... that would be quite awkward!! ;)

Gonorrhea, I never would have been able to figure out how to spell that one. Yikes.