genious

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
I play with it both forehand and backhand and I like it better than Tenergy. For me I need a little bit of grip in the top sheet and I can't get that from Tenergy but with Genius I can. And Genius lasts pretty long too. I'd say its a little slower than Tenergy but not by much.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
What is your opinion about Tibhar Genius ?

Genius is close to tenergy 05?

Nothing is just like T05, prolly never will be. Having said that, many new Modern Speed Glue Effect rubbers are very suitable for a wider range of players and strokes with little or zero drop-off in match play results.

Those who like a steady opener with spin and control will like Tibhar Genius. Just like T05, Genius works well on a wide range of blades. Calibra LT seems to work much better on hard/heavy/stiff blades. You can slap on a sheet of Genius on just about any blade you use and make good use of Genius right away if you are the kind of player who values control, placement, spin, with acceptable speed, but not overwhelming speed.

Yes, nothing is like T05, but Genius does a very good job for the control spin or heavy spin player at a cost of just over 1/2 a sheet of T05.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I never uses Aurus soft, just the hard a a rock sponged regular version. it suits my strokes fine as I have a very fast impact speed and get all the power and spin it can give, which is a lot. I don't like soft sponged rubbers, so couldn't help you there. I have hit with a lot of Nexy blades equipped with Genius and I stand by my comments. Genius does a good job gripping the ball with the topsheet for mechanical spin. it is not an overly fast rubber and can be used well on a number of blades with different properties, much like T05 is good on a wide range of blades.

This user has no status.
I got Tibhar Aurus Soft and am not very happy with the spin(i expected a lot more; atleast on par with Rakza 7).
Is Genius better than Aurus Soft in terms of spin?

I also had a Tibhar Aurus Soft 1,9mm red but now i have an old Tibhar Genius (Standard version) 1,8 mm red and the Genius has a lot more spin and control , the Aurus is faster but i prefer the Genius by FAR !!! The old Genius had almost no more spin in it !! But i used my trick with WD40 to revive the rubber: result full spin restored (just check the thread on : this info will save you a lot of money !!)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Ive got Genius FH and Genius Sound on BH and a Maze blade.
even though im changing soon i do really really like it. good spin, good speed. control is okay, not great. in the right hands this rubber would be great. those are sadly not my hands :p but its still a very good rubber. its got alot of feel.
noticably not as fast as tenergy, not by alot. pretty equal in spin, t05 might have it beat, but thats all on technique at a certain point, but definitely more feel. more gears.. durability is great

overall, i would say its just about as good as tenergy. not quite, but the differences are up to opinion. for some people it will be better for them. some people it wont. still a great rubber