PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Euro 2012

Steven
05-30-2012, 10:57 AM
http://www.rootbeat.nl/images/file/img_4fbe60b17c980.jpg

UEFA Euro 2012 is getting closer and closer so I thought we needed a thread like this. ;D

Group A
Poland
Greece
Russia
Czech Republic

Group B
Netherlands
Denmark
Germany
Portugal

Group C
Spain
Italy
Ireland
Croatia

Group D
Ukraine
Sweden
France
England

Who's watching? Who's going to win it? Will Spain continue it's winning streak after the World Cup or is this the year of Dutch revenge?
And then there's another debated question: Which of the 4 World top 10 ranked countries in Group B aka "the Group of Death" will be out before the real tournament starts?

WiWa
05-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Denmark should go through :D As long as the Netherlands keep playing with Nigel de Jong AND Mark van Bommel in the starting 11, they can't be out soon enough :P

azlan
05-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Always been a fan of Holland!! GO ORANJE!!!:) hehe

Steven
05-30-2012, 11:57 AM
Denmark should go through :D As long as the Netherlands keep playing with Nigel de Jong AND Mark van Bommel in the starting 11, they can't be out soon enough :P

Well if they do that they might as well injure every good Danish player in the first match haha. I still think the Netherlands have a great team and they might have a great offensive side (Sneijder-Robben-Huntelaar-van Persie-Affelay) but their defense just isn't solid enough. That's why I'd rather vote for Germany, or maybe Spain. Those teams are way more complete.

WiWa
05-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Well if they do that they might as well injure every good Danish player in the first match haha. I still think the Netherlands have a great team and they might have a great offensive side (Sneijder-Robben-Huntelaar-van Persie-Affelay) but their defense just isn't solid enough. That's why I'd rather vote for Germany, or maybe Spain. Those teams are way more complete.

Very often the footballing team doesn't win though :P Just look at Holland in 2010 and Chelsea in the CL. They came so far with no football. When Holland will play with Robben on the left side instead of on the right, I will be cheering for them :P

This is the dreamteam:
-------------Huntelaar------------------
Robben------------Van Persie----Affelay
---------Sneijder-----------------------
----------------Van Bommel------------
-------- C R A P D E F E N S E --------
-----------Stekelenburg----------------

The good thing is: with this offense, we will score many goals, and with this defense, concede many as well. At least it would be spectacular matches again ;)

el gato
05-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Hellas will win.

rooklynbounce
05-30-2012, 02:17 PM
I believe in Italy, due to the current scandal. They usually get stronger when they have the world against them.

Giangt
05-30-2012, 03:31 PM
Denmark obviously! go danish dynamite :)

Bollforte94
05-30-2012, 05:16 PM
If Robben didnt play like in Munich ..... :D

WiWa
05-30-2012, 06:09 PM
If Robben didnt play like in Munich ..... :D

Haha. He didn't play that bad even :p Only the penalty was crap. But that has to do with confidence ;) The people in Munich don't like him, so he doesn't have confidence there. On the Euro 2012 he will score every penalty haha.

YosuaYosan
05-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Dang I got little to no idea about football (D'oh)..
So I assume Russia will win coz Russia's a badasssss >: D

YosuaYosan
05-30-2012, 07:03 PM
Here is a vid to kick up the football spirit :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AleYSkW2LoQ

chughtai
05-30-2012, 07:10 PM
well am supporting england as usual but i know they will not win it i guess spain will win it or germany both r really strong right now

WiWa
05-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Here is a vid to kick up the football spirit :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AleYSkW2LoQ

Loooooooool, Wenger and Szscesny the best haha!

azlan
05-31-2012, 07:00 AM
Against Slovakia, the Dutch certainly looked a different side when Van Der Vaart came in. In defence, the Dutch look fragile, but De Jong and Van Der Wiel is quite solid, though not as good as the previous Dutch sides.

WiWa
05-31-2012, 07:58 AM
Against Slovakia, the Dutch certainly looked a different side when Van Der Vaart came in. In defence, the Dutch look fragile, but De Jong and Van Der Wiel is quite solid, though not as good as the previous Dutch sides.

Affelay makes the difference :) He is the only player on the whole Dutch team who can properly work together with Van Persie. The others (besides Sneijder sometimes and Van der Vaart) just don't see him. He's a genius though xD

TTPoster
05-31-2012, 05:38 PM
I hope Germany can win this time! ;)

azlan
06-01-2012, 04:50 AM
Affelay makes the difference :) He is the only player on the whole Dutch team who can properly work together with Van Persie. The others (besides Sneijder sometimes and Van der Vaart) just don't see him. He's a genius though xD

Well spotted Wiwa. I think you're right. Affelay has this 6th sense in finding Van Persie. Just like Gullit and Van Basten. Affelay at Arsenal next season would be devastating. But I don't think Wenger sees that. But you'll never know:)

WiWa
06-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Well spotted Wiwa. I think you're right. Affelay has this 6th sense in finding Van Persie. Just like Gullit and Van Basten. Affelay at Arsenal next season would be devastating. But I don't think Wenger sees that. But you'll never know:)

Wenger sees everything :P But I don't think Affelay wants to leave Barcelona. He collects millions, he barely has to play matches and the weather is great. Can't blame him ;)

Steven
06-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Wenger sees everything :P But I don't think Affelay wants to leave Barcelona. He collects millions, he barely has to play matches and the weather is great. Can't blame him ;)

Real football players want to play every match. ;)

WiWa
06-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Real football players want to play every match. ;)

He can't do that anyway :p He's injured for more than half of his career on average.

azlan
06-01-2012, 06:57 PM
It's difficult for him at Barca. If you're out injured, you have to fight your way back into the 1st team. With Barca strength in depth, he will only be playing as a sub most of the time. :)

Tadex
06-02-2012, 01:46 AM
Poland. Best striker in Europe: Robert Lewandowski. Home advantage. Easiest group followed by opponent from the toughest ergo they will be more tired.

WiWa
06-09-2012, 06:49 PM
OOPS! :D There we went with our arrogance ^^ Go Denmark :P

Steven
06-12-2012, 08:48 AM
First round results:

Poland 1-1 Greece
Russia 4-1 Czech Republic
Netherlands 0-1 Denmark
Germany 1-0 Portugal
Spain 1-1 Italy
Republic of Ireland 1-3 Croatia
France 1-1 England
Ukraine 2-1 Sweden

Did anyone watch Ukraine-Sweden yesterday? Didn't expect it to be exciting but it sure was. :p

rooklynbounce
06-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Yeah. Unfortunately, I'm Swedish.