• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
img_4fbe60b17c980.jpg

UEFA Euro 2012 is getting closer and closer so I thought we needed a thread like this. ;D

Group A
Poland
Greece
Russia
Czech Republic

Group B
Netherlands
Denmark
Germany
Portugal

Group C
Spain
Italy
Ireland
Croatia

Group D
Ukraine
Sweden
France
England

Who's watching? Who's going to win it? Will Spain continue it's winning streak after the World Cup or is this the year of Dutch revenge?
And then there's another debated question: Which of the 4 World top 10 ranked countries in Group B aka "the Group of Death" will be out before the real tournament starts?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
Denmark should go through :D As long as the Netherlands keep playing with Nigel de Jong AND Mark van Bommel in the starting 11, they can't be out soon enough :p

Well if they do that they might as well injure every good Danish player in the first match haha. I still think the Netherlands have a great team and they might have a great offensive side (Sneijder-Robben-Huntelaar-van Persie-Affelay) but their defense just isn't solid enough. That's why I'd rather vote for Germany, or maybe Spain. Those teams are way more complete.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Well if they do that they might as well injure every good Danish player in the first match haha. I still think the Netherlands have a great team and they might have a great offensive side (Sneijder-Robben-Huntelaar-van Persie-Affelay) but their defense just isn't solid enough. That's why I'd rather vote for Germany, or maybe Spain. Those teams are way more complete.

Very often the footballing team doesn't win though :p Just look at Holland in 2010 and Chelsea in the CL. They came so far with no football. When Holland will play with Robben on the left side instead of on the right, I will be cheering for them :p

This is the dreamteam:
-------------Huntelaar------------------
Robben------------Van Persie----Affelay
---------Sneijder-----------------------
----------------Van Bommel------------
-------- C R A P D E F E N S E --------
-----------Stekelenburg----------------

The good thing is: with this offense, we will score many goals, and with this defense, concede many as well. At least it would be spectacular matches again ;)

Reactions: Steven
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Against Slovakia, the Dutch certainly looked a different side when Van Der Vaart came in. In defence, the Dutch look fragile, but De Jong and Van Der Wiel is quite solid, though not as good as the previous Dutch sides.

Affelay makes the difference :) He is the only player on the whole Dutch team who can properly work together with Van Persie. The others (besides Sneijder sometimes and Van der Vaart) just don't see him. He's a genius though xD

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Affelay makes the difference :) He is the only player on the whole Dutch team who can properly work together with Van Persie. The others (besides Sneijder sometimes and Van der Vaart) just don't see him. He's a genius though xD

Well spotted Wiwa. I think you're right. Affelay has this 6th sense in finding Van Persie. Just like Gullit and Van Basten. Affelay at Arsenal next season would be devastating. But I don't think Wenger sees that. But you'll never know:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Well spotted Wiwa. I think you're right. Affelay has this 6th sense in finding Van Persie. Just like Gullit and Van Basten. Affelay at Arsenal next season would be devastating. But I don't think Wenger sees that. But you'll never know:)

Wenger sees everything :p But I don't think Affelay wants to leave Barcelona. He collects millions, he barely has to play matches and the weather is great. Can't blame him ;)