• I prefer the older design

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hi all

We have just completed a site update, we have updated the design of the website. What do you all think?

Did you prefer the older version or do you like how it now is? Articles are a lot easier to now read in the home section :)

Please comment and let us know your thoughts and any updates you recommend :)

New design which you can currently see on the site

newdesign.jpg

Old design

olddesign.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
TTD Programmer
Nov 2011
If you have any suggestions regarding the layout of the site or any other functionality, do not hesitate to inform us :)

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Thanx Ziki and Dan. I quite like the new design, but....there's always a but ain't it hehe. But, if I'm using my lap top, I have to scroll to the left and right to type and read coz it's too wide. :) I could be an idiot, and I just don't know my way around pc since I'm a Mac man. Could it be my settings? Kinda irritating actually. But if the majority find it good, I'm ok with it:) If it's my setting, how can I rectify this?

Btw, is the wide screen view the new site design update? hehe

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanx Ziki and Dan. I quite like the new design, but....there's always a but ain't it hehe. But, if I'm using my lap top, I have to scroll to the left and right to type and read coz it's too wide. :) I could be an idiot, and I just don't know my way around pc since I'm a Mac man. Could it be my settings? Kinda irritating actually. But if the majority find it good, I'm ok with it:) If it's my setting, how can I rectify this?

Btw, is the wide screen view the new site design update? hehe

Hehe its just the black background colour that has changed Azlan :)

Can you print screen the wide screen issue you mean please :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Took me a while to spot the difference :p But I think in the Forum I'd prefer the old version, because everything was readable anyway, and judging just on how it looks I personally prefer the old thing. For the Home section it really is an improvement, looks more slick :) So my vote is a double one haha.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Took me a while to spot the difference :p But I think in the Forum I'd prefer the old version, because everything was readable anyway, and judging just on how it looks I personally prefer the old thing. For the Home section it really is an improvement, looks more slick :) So my vote is a double one haha.

I agree with wiwa :)

Totally agree with you both :)

I have changed back. The site now sits on a standard size for all computer screens. So now the site does not stretch on larger monitors. However on smaller screens the site may not fit on the screen, I think this is the problem you are receiving Azlan?

Back to the good old ways guys! :)

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
Maybe you should add some naked women playing table tennis in the sidebanners? Just imagine how they would push or block or ultimately stretch to reach that wide topspin in their forehand corner... mmmmm... :p

May 2011
MUST be beautiful georgeous young women though!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
TTD Programmer
Nov 2011
The new design was supposed to be a fixed size so that it doesn't stretch out on larger resolutions too much, but I think we made it too narrow, anybody else was having the same problems as azlan? If yes, we can always make it wider, just tell me what your resolution is and I'll adjust it :) Also, do you want to keep the background for the CMS but not the forum?

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
The new design was supposed to be a fixed size so that it doesn't stretch out on larger resolutions too much, but I think we made it too narrow, anybody else was having the same problems as azlan? If yes, we can always make it wider, just tell me what your resolution is and I'll adjust it :) Also, do you want to keep the background for the CMS but not the forum?

I think its best we wait for screen print from Azlan. I've tested the site on many computers/laptops and there is no problem. It maybe Azlan's resolution.

Yeah I think just in the CMS will be best. Will be a lot easier for users to read and navagate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Mar 2011
Thank you for your courtesy Dan.:) Here are my 2 screenshots. As you can see, on the #1 I can read part of the post. In order to read all the way to the right, I have to scroll to right, and scroll back to the left to read the next line.
On #2, I can read the complete text/posts, but I won't be able to see who posted the post. I have to scroll back to the left. :) The funny thing is that it doesn't affect any other websites. I am using chrome, so most of the times I just open a new tab, not window.

screenshot1.jpg
Screenshot #1

screenshot2.JPG
Screenshot#2

It could be my settings, but I didn't do anything to it. It was perfectly fine before.:) Sorry guys. But it's ok. I'll get used to it. Maybe I'm just being lazy to scroll left and right haha