Does equipment play a big role?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I've gotten in a lot of debates with my teammates and friends that it's not the racket, it's the player. I have to agree, but then i think you have to admit, the racket really does help. I always believe that there's a certain type of racket and rubber that suits you more than others. Do you think the racket plays a big role in your game? 'cause i think it does, some rackets suit me, some don't. I think a racket that suits you will help your game by like 30%? what do you guys think? :D

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
of course they do originally i didnt think it would then payed out 90 pound on new bat and i couldnt hit the table then changed my style a bit to get my shots on so my equitment helped me and my style is slightly based around my bat

says Wangliqin Stop Spamming [IMG]
says Wangliqin Stop Spamming [IMG]
Oct 2010
answer varies where you asks this question, Leankints

in hardbat forum, all equipments treated equal therefore- insignificant role.

in other places where paddles are sandwiched by red and black rubbers, they matters due to all characteristics attached, Yes. it matters big time.
Blade, rubbers, cushions, balls, player athletics abilities, play styles... take them into account. If you can find harmony in equipment of your choice, your game will improve no doubt. its a 50/50 deal.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Equipment absolutely matters. You pick equipment to train your technique, when that equipment is altered your technique is no longer valid and you must adjust. That's not to say it's all equipment, but rather pairing equipment and technique correctly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
For the beginners, whatever rackets wouldn't make novices any different, but if u're intermediate or advanced players, the racket is considered very important to make a good spin.

This user has no status.
heyy leankints
3 years back when i started playing Table Tennis , i also think the same " racket never plays, player plays" but after playing and facing a lot of trouble in game ... i purchased a normal racket (general not professional) and after that my game was improved a lot but still there is a lot to learn but one important thing to nootice is that if you wnt to play better then you must have a good racket . :)

cheers
Gauravv

says anyone tel me where can i buy the return board here in...
says anyone tel me where can i buy the return board here in...
Nov 2010
yeah racket play a big role on every game...it make you feel comportable if the racket fits your style of play...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Hi buddy..... the place I play is a disaster.... Means that there were long pip rubber bats but after a lot of playing the rubber worned off.... now people play with wood over there..... and their game is very unorthodox..... on the other hand i even cant serve with no rubber on rackets..... so it depends on the player how he adapts to a situation.... if he can keep his cool he is a good player!!!! the bat has the effect only for 2 or 3 points....;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
:p Sure U r right!!! that there are some people who cant play without no rubber.... but the place i play they are awsum without rubber... and when they get a rubber they are unbeatable..... I say it again that its on the player not the bat..... if hes adaptable then its easy!!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I totally agree with your statement: it's the player, not the racket. But on the other hand I also agree with your other statement. A suitable paddle does really help, especially if you are a intermediate to advanced player. If you are a beginner who has developed your strokes and has become a intermediate player, you won't want to stick with your old paddle. My point is : The more skillful you are, the more important the equipment is to you.