Michael Maze sleeveless shirt

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
At the recent Japan Open World Tour Michael Maze faced Jun Mizutani in the men's singles round of 16. Michael was wearing a Butterfly black vest (a sleeveless shirt). Is he allowed to wear this? It is in the ITTF rules?

Could Michael Maze set a trend here? Lots of tennis players wear vests.

mazesleeveless.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Looks pretty cool I think. It's just weird to not wear your country's national team shirt.

Well, if you look at it, it's not that weird. You don't specifically represent your country in a Pro Tour tournament. It just seems to be a habit of many players to do that. But Boll for example also plays in a random Butterfly shirt most of the time, but it goes unnoticed because there is still many advertising on it :p Apparently, Maze likes those shirts, and I think it looks cool! Imagine if Zhang Jike or Kreanga did this with their big arms, it would give table tennis a whole different look for outsiders :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
I don't see what is so cool about a sleeveless shirt. Could someone enlighten me?
Btw Maze looks just like a basketball player in that outfit :)

This user has no status.
Base on ITTF Handbook.

Playing clothing shall normally consist of a short-sleeved or sleeveless shirt and shorts or skirt or one-part sports outfits, socks and playing shoes; other garments, such as part or all of a track suit, shall not be worn during play except with the permission of the referee.

Reactions: WiWa
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
That's awesome, I for one hate sleeves! but i always get ridiculed for rolling my sleeves up on my shirts! bout time someone started making sleeveless shirts, hope they are allowed I'm gna get some!

Yeah I always see you rolling up your sleeves...a nice tattoo on the arm wouldn't hurt the image:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
I have quite number of these kind of sleeveless for workout, which I also always wear for TT. It used to be able to buy these for like only 10-12 USD, but the website does not sell it anymore :(

I believe Nike has alots of sleeveless too, although the price is quite high

men_s_weight_plate_sleeveless_t_shirt_450_white.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
zhang jike big arms? where? :D .. ma long has a big right arm ;)

i have a same shirt but from adidas. but its a clima shirt, you wear under your real shirt. but its pretty cool :D

Well, muscular arms, or maybe I should say arm. Zhang should have a shirt with 1 sleeve on the left and sleeveless on the right ^^