Rubber choice -> What would you pick?

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
Hi everyone

I can't decide on my next rubber setup. (you can see my current setup in my signature...)

Offensive Rubbers (for FH):
------------------
Stiga Calibra LT
Vs
Yasaka Rakza 7
Vs
Donic Acuda S1
Vs
Andro Hexer +
Vs
Xiom Sigma
Vs
Joola Phenix

Defensive / allround rubbers (for BH block, spin & occasional chop):
----------------------------------------------------------------

Andro Backside 2.0 C
Vs
Butterfly Tackiness C

==> Has anyone played them both? Very curious about this...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------
So if anyone has played some of these rubbers, maybe he/she could rate these rubbers vs one another...
I am a FH topspin monster, but eager to learn to do some hitting and slapping as well...:cool:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
out of the list ive only tried, calibra, rakza and s1, i choose rakza, the spin is very high more sinny than s1 and calibra, but its my personal preference since i loop more, s1 is also good because i like s1 on short game, rakza is harder to control on shoret game but all can be fixed by training i guess

May 2011
This is kind of strange.
I thought the calibra should be the best rubber... But hey, I get a better price on the Rakza7, so this might be very nice!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
This is kind of strange.
I thought the calibra should be the best rubber... But hey, I get a better price on the Rakza7, so this might be very nice!

Such thing as the best rubber doesn't exist. Go with the one that is best for you. What is wrong with your current setup anyway?

May 2011
Such thing as the best rubber doesn't exist. Go with the one that is best for you. What is wrong with your current setup anyway?

It is too expensive to keep buying BTY rubbers when playing 4 hour sessions 3 times a week. That's what's wrong with the current setup :p

I meant, by hearing the buzz online, or the talk by other players, the calibra would be the next best thing to Tenergy...
That's why I was surprised...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Aah, tenergy syndrome again..
Who said it was the best rubber in the first place? As I said, there is no such thing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
I would not go for the Calibra. extremely fast and quite difficult to generate spin (you dont have enough dwell time). Thats much easier with the Rakza (and S1 I suppose which I tried briefly only)