dhs authentication number for rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
there are two sites that we can check authenticity in our dhs rubbers . one is for 12 and the other is for 16 digit numbers , does anyone remember them?For those who dont understand , dhs has a silver shining stamp on the bottom right corner of their rubber , if you scrub it a number appears , this number is something like "serial number " for the specific rubber

This user has no status.
(Can't remember where I got this but saved it in a text file:)

Simple guide for DHS verification system: How to verify if you get a genuine DHS product?

Look for the hologram sticker on the product:

Look carefully on the hologram sticker. Genuine hologram will show you some numbers and text when you look at it at certain angles. At the upper part of the circle you would see Chinese characters and then some numbers, it’s a phone number which you could call and ask to verify whether the product is genuine or not. At the lower part of the circle you would see Chinese characters and web address.

I found two versions of holograms out there with two different phone numbers and web addresses.
1. The hologram has these information: 02787480198 and http://www.dhs-sports.com
Some has the serial numbers shown without having to scratch the silver/grey stuff, some has the serial numbers hidden by the silver/grey stuff which has to be scratched off to reveal the numbers beneath.

2. The hologram has these information: 4006315196 and tabletennis.sport.org.cn and the serial numbers are hidden by the silver/grey stuff which has to be scratched off to reveal the numbers beneath.

I guess it doesn’t really matter which one you get because I think it’s just the difference of older and newer hologram stickers (older and newer system) as long as the serial numbers are legitimate.

Scratch the silver/grey carefully, don’t get carried away and damage the numbers underneath.
After you scratch it then you will see a 12 or 16 digit numbers.

To check 12 digit numbers go to this web: http://www.dhs-sports.com/edhs/index.htm

At the bottom right you will see this:

Enter the 12 digit numbers in the box and then click on the Search button.
You will then be taken to a new window with the result of the query. You will see either one of these:

1. If you see this:

You entered wrong 12 digit numbers. It’s time to make the appointment to check your eyes because you just entered 10 digit numbers instead of 12!! HAHA!!
Because when you clicked on the Search button earlier it takes you to a new window, all you have to do is close it and start over with the original window. Just clear the existing number you entered earlier and put in the correct 12 digit number.

2. If you see this:

You get a fake product.

If you copy and paste the Chinese characters and put them through Google Translate then you will get this:

3. If you see this:

You get a genuine product.

If you copy and paste the Chinese characters and put them through Google Translate then you will get this:

4. If you see this:

It means the number you entered had been checked against the database before and you should consider the product is a fake if the hologram was intact and you scratched the hologram yourself.
If you bought the product with the hologram already scratched then it’s either one of these situation:
a. The seller already checked the number against the database, or
b. The product is a fake

From what I heard some naughty sellers would also make hologram stickers with numbers underneath, but the numbers either a made up numbers (then you will see the fake output as shown in number 2 above) or copies of genuine numbers (then you will see the already checked output as shown in number 4 above).

To check 16 digit numbers go to this web: http://59.175.170.238:8080/tta/input.jsp

At the middle of the screen you will see this:

Enter the 16 digit numbers in the first box, enter the captcha numbers on the second box and then click on the little square button on the left (Submit button). The right little square button is a Reset button in case you typed in wrong numbers and you want to start over, click on it and it will clear both boxes.

After you clicked on the Submit button you will then be taken to a new window with the result of the query. You will see either one of these:

1. If you see this:

You entered wrong 16 digit numbers. It’s time to make the appointment to check your eyes because you just entered 15 digit numbers instead of 16!! HAHA!! Anyway, the system will actually tell you how many digits you entered wrongly, such as 12, 13, 17, etc. All you have to do is re-do it again.

Now at the bottom part you will see three strings of Chinese characters which you can click on. The first on the left is the RETURN button, don’t click on it as it will throw you back to the home page. The second/middle on is the REQUERY button, you want to click on this one. The third on the right is the CLOSE button. You can click on it when you’re done, but you’re not done yet so just click on the middle one for now and it will take you back to the starting verification page.

2. If you see this:

You get a fake product.

3. If you see this:

You get a genuine product.

The language is confusing but the first part roughly says the number you entered is present (in the database) and the second part says that this number is queried for the first time.

4. If you see this:

It means the number you entered had been checked against the database before and you should consider the product is a fake if the hologram was intact and you scratched the hologram yourself.

If you bought the product with the hologram already scratched then it’s either one of these situation:
a. The seller already checked the number against the database, or
b. The product is a fake

From what I heard some naughty sellers would also make hologram stickers with numbers underneath, but the numbers either a made up numbers (then you will see the fake output as shown in number 2 above) or copies of genuine numbers (then you will see the already checked output as shown in number 4 above).

What if you buy a second hand product? Or new product with the hologram numbers already scratched or one without the hologram? Then you have to use your own judgment perhaps based upon the reputation of the person selling the item to you.

I sometime help people buy stuff from China and to protect my own reputation (of selling genuine products only) I usually scratch the hologram and check the numbers against the database. I then save the web page for my record. If the person is asking for the proof then I will send/show this proof to them. In this case when he/she tried to check the numbers on the database it will show them that the number has been queried before (by me). I could then show them the proof that the product is genuine.

I made this guide especially for the OOAK forum (though it might end up posted at other forums as well later on). I hope this simple guide will be of some value to you all.

Cheers!
Rokphish

p.s.
I don’t claim this information to be exactly accurate.
I don’t get paid by DHS nor given information by them.
These are just some guidelines that I use personally.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
I assume it's the back of the rubber...never heard of it, but now I'm interested :)

now its not in the back ! when you take the rubber of the box the stamp is on the bottom right corner of the plastic cover of the topsheet

pic1.jpgpic2.jpg

so the whole clue is that you can type this number and check if your rubber is authentic or not

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31246
Q: How to verify the authenticity of a NEO provincial?
A: The latest batches of NEO provincial have the following:
- Vacuum packed with new NEO design on the packaging.
- 6 sided.
- DHS hologram with 12 digit authenticity verification number. Since 2008, all DHS table tennis racket, blade, rubber and table products come with this authenticity verification number. You may use this to call DHS HQ (Shanghai office) at +86-27-8748-0198 +86-27-8748-0198. Alternately you may key in the verification number in the textbox field in this website
http://www.dhs-sports.com/cdhs/index.htm and click on the search button.
- Topsheet has the new ITTF rubber serial. Eg. ITTF 24-108
- Serial number, version (Provincial indicated in Chinese), sponge hardness and thickness information are laser printed on the sponge. All DHS rubbers manufactured after June 2009 uses laser printing on the sponge instead of ink stamping. Only rubbers manufactured before June 2009 uses traditional DHS ink stamp.
- Serial number starts with the letter �P� and with similar format (Year)(Month)(Day)(Batch running no). eg. P09090280
- The sponge has a glue-like transparent layer attached to it and a separated piece of white sheet covering over it.

courtesy of superjet from mytabletennis.net

If you go to http://www.dhs-sports.com/portal/, at the bottom left of the page, you'll be able to insert your code...I think. Good luck :)

Last edited: