Rasant

This user has no status.
Atm I have really much work to do so I don't have the time to write a long review about it.. But I have one 2.1 Rasant here to test it for free and did 3 practice sessions so far with it. But I have to say i don't really like the rubber :( I think it has a quite unlinear behaviour, really fast (in my opinion too fast) at slow strokes or short-short game etc. but if you try to kill the shot and go full power it's quite disappointing. And the general feeling is kind of strange compared to all other rubbers I played so far (and some teammates agreed). I'll give it 1 or 2 more tries and then probably go back to Hexer, if I find the time I can post some more about it but probably not in the next 1 or 2 weeks..

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
Atm I have really much work to do so I don't have the time to write a long review about it.. But I have one 2.1 Rasant here to test it for free and did 3 practice sessions so far with it. But I have to say i don't really like the rubber :( I think it has a quite unlinear behaviour, really fast (in my opinion too fast) at slow strokes or short-short game etc. but if you try to kill the shot and go full power it's quite disappointing. And the general feeling is kind of strange compared to all other rubbers I played so far (and some teammates agreed). I'll give it 1 or 2 more tries and then probably go back to Hexer, if I find the time I can post some more about it but probably not in the next 1 or 2 weeks..

Okay, Vega... I'll be waiting!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
Get my Rasant and put 2 layers Dianchi oil, after 1 h quite fine dome. Going to wait couple of days and then glueing it to my Off+ blade. Cant wait so long.... but i have to. Rasant looks and feels like very good rubber, topsheet like a copy of Tenergy and the green sponge is very speciall.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Get my Rasant and put 2 layers Dianchi oil, after 1 h quite fine dome. Going to wait couple of days and then glueing it to my Off+ blade. Cant wait so long.... but i have to. Rasant looks and feels like very good rubber, topsheet like a copy of Tenergy and the green sponge is very speciall.

sorry but just out of curiosity why boost tensors? i thought tensors already has speed glue effect incorporated in the porous sponge?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
No, iam not CNT-player..heheh. But my forehand is very powerful with a LOT of Speed. Playing before with Sigma Pro, also a tensor rubber. Then i tried it with booster and nobody cant imagine the difference of "touch" and that lovely "smack" sound what you´ll get with boost.
Problems with hard tensor rubbers for me is returnings of serves and powerloops. Try sometime , take some old tensorrubber and put 2-3layers dianchi oil, you´ll notice a dramatic difference. With a dianchi i can use my rubbers a quite long time , 2-3months and i am training 4-5 times a week 2-3h/pass.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
No, iam not CNT-player..heheh. But my forehand is very powerful with a LOT of Speed. Playing before with Sigma Pro, also a tensor rubber. Then i tried it with booster and nobody cant imagine the difference of "touch" and that lovely "smack" sound what you´ll get with boost.
Problems with hard tensor rubbers for me is returnings of serves and powerloops. Try sometime , take some old tensorrubber and put 2-3layers dianchi oil, you´ll notice a dramatic difference. With a dianchi i can use my rubbers a quite long time , 2-3months and i am training 4-5 times a week 2-3h/pass.

you boost 1 time and then boost again after 3 months? did i get it right?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
I boost my new rubber with 2 lyers D-oil, after 4-6weeks repeat with 1 lyer, reboost just with 1 lyer. Like i say i guaranteed you´ll notice a BIG differense to non-boosted tensorrubber. And its not toofast for me, because the sponge is "softer" with D-oil.
If you´ll try D-oil an old non-boosted rubber you´ll need to put 2-3 layers oil.
And be patient, rubber need to dry 4-6 days after boosting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012

i'd be willing to try it for fun if dianchi oil wasn't so expensive. now and then i'll apply different oils (baby oil, lamp oil, etc) to cheap rubbers as an experiment; but that's the extent of my tuning/boosting

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
I don't think anyone on the Chinese National Team uses, a blade that is rated higher than Off. And Wang Liqin is using a blade that is all wood and rated Off-. :)

I concur Sir.
The only pro using an OFF+ blade in my knowledge is Schlager..

Unless one got a robot-like consistency like Schlagi, an OFF+ blade would be too much imho.
I would rather stick to an ALL+ blade at max.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
First test is today, rapport tomorrow. Going to do a normal trainingpass, 2 hours and mayby couble of sets.
Lot of heavyspin training first with a defencive player and then training with a very good offensive player. Lot of focus to receiving serves, I am testing maybe 4 and if my blade feels too fast and lack of control,Í´ll try allround blade.
Have to say that Rasant looks very nice and bounce is amazing...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
First test is today, rapport tomorrow. Going to do a normal trainingpass, 2 hours and mayby couble of sets.
Lot of heavyspin training first with a defencive player and then training with a very good offensive player. Lot of focus to receiving serves, I am testing maybe 4 and if my blade feels too fast and lack of control,Í´ll try allround blade.
Have to say that Rasant looks very nice and bounce is amazing...

Good luck. I hope it goes well and it will be fun to hear how you like it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2012
i did my 1st training with Rasant. Very good rubber, topspin is excelent, control is better than Sigma pro. It is not too fast with off+ blade. Dianchi makes it a little bit softer and the"touch" is better than non-boost. I must say , tensor rubber is not faster after boost, but more spin and control. Loop vs. loop is so much easier to do. Have tried Tenergy 05 and Rasant is littlebit softer, topsheet gives same spin(mayby more). Hardness is between 05 and 64 Tenergy.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
i did my 1st training with Rasant. Very good rubber, topspin is excelent, control is better than Sigma pro. It is not too fast with off+ blade. Dianchi makes it a little bit softer and the"touch" is better than non-boost. I must say , tensor rubber is not faster after boost, but more spin and control. Loop vs. loop is so much easier to do. Have tried Tenergy 05 and Rasant is littlebit softer, topsheet gives same spin(mayby more). Hardness is between 05 and 64 Tenergy.

Wow, it sure looks good. Tensor rubbers get a lot more supple after boosting and the rubber tend to lose it's tensile strength. Better feel, but you'll pay the price in the speed department. If I am not asking too much....a video would be nice. Hehehe just kidding buddy. Thanx for the review. :)

says Hi all you players out there [IMG] My name is Philip...
says Hi all you players out there [IMG] My name is Philip...
May 2013
boosted Rasant.jpg

This is what a boosted Rasant looks like ;) – The color of the sponge isn’t that inviting I must say.
Now I decided to boost my Rasant, which I use in my FH. I do this just out of curiosity. My FH is without a doubt my weapon.
I can’t wait till tomorrow, when I get to try it. Maybe my FH will become even better :p

Reactions: T!Christian