chinese rubbers rare usage in UK?

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...
Nov 2010
They are not really actively promoted by the UK suppliers and only really tried by people looking for something cheap or by people who have read about them on the internet. There were some really good ones around when you could cover them in glue, but since the ban they don't measure up any more for my game.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
They are not really actively promoted by the UK suppliers and only really tried by people looking for something cheap or by people who have read about them on the internet. There were some really good ones around when you could cover them in glue, but since the ban they don't measure up any more for my game.

I plus 1 that JKC... I use to love speed glueing Hurricane 3 no matter what type of hurricane 3 sheet it was real/fake/comercial/province i sometimes had national!! it was amazing!

says Photino rocks xD
says Photino rocks xD
Nov 2010
I plus 1 that JKC... I use to love speed glueing Hurricane 3 no matter what type of hurricane 3 sheet it was real/fake/comercial/province i sometimes had national!! it was amazing!

haha nice one dan, but do you feel that hurricane like most chinese rubbers are heavier? Although they have more power, and spin, I feel they lack speed and has more drag however thats my opinion, and i would be interested in others. thanks

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
at me club its like 50% tenergy 25% hurricane and 25% other rubbers so i dont find chinease rubbers to be that rare in the uk

This user has no status.
Did you used to use H3 before? did u ever try any of the newer ones since?

at me club its like 50% tenergy 25% hurricane and 25% other rubbers so i dont find chinease rubbers to be that rare in the uk
Really? what club is that then and what hurricanes. NEOs? tuned? commercial? untuned.

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
Did you used to use H3 before? did u ever try any of the newer ones since?

Really? what club is that then and what hurricanes. NEOs? tuned? commercial? untuned.

ashford ttc and a combination realy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I have tried some rubber. I can't tell if Chinese rubber is hit the ball harder in terms of MPH. But my opponent claims that a forehand loop coming from a Chinese rubber is more unpredictable and thus harder to return. (try Hurricane II or III, the loops are really a killer.) but those rubber take more effort to return the shots. Chinese rubbers are superior in serving, push, third-ball attack while inferior at blocking, and anything long distance.
Some new Chinese rubbers are more like a hybrid (ie. Gambler Outlaw, it feels like Tenergy somewhat) which I think is totally efficient for a European all around game.

Tenergy is not the best rubber. No rubber is the best rubber. Whatever suits you is the best rubber. So be open-minded and give a try of different rubber, stick with it and develop your technique accordingly. It's interesting that different rubber requires different technique to make good use of it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
also I believe the coaches also primarily teach European stroke, which makes Chinese rubber not really efficient.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
I have a Brazilian friend who plays (HUGE Japanese population in Sao Paulo) and although he doesn't pack too much punch, in terms of speed, he puts a wicked spin on the ball. It would be cool if they produced all-natural rubber from the Brazilian amazon. Stickiness is apparently the golden rule of how my Brazilian friend rates rubber.

Last edited: