Which rubbers suits Boll Tricarbon best?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Hey guys,

I am wondering which rubbers suit Boll Tricarbon blade best and why?

Thanks in advance :)

I would suggest some VERY SLOW rubbers, since the Boll Tricarbon is not for mortals who would ask what rubbers should go on it.

Ditch the Tricarbon and get a 5 ply all wood blade.

But if you insist on your speed demon, try 802-40 short pips on 1.5 sponge and pray to have some control.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I had a friend with a Boll Tricarbon who had T05 on each side. I use the TBS, which is of course MUCH slower. At the time, I also used T05 onFH wing. I tried out my friends bat and was suprised at how much control it had. I was expecting everything to go out long and make a hole through the wall.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Reason i suggested Calibra Sound was for a few reasons...

1) You use a Timo Boll Tricarbon, because you want a very powerful FH topsin, not a powerful FH smash for every stroke. You don't get chances to smash every ball, but many chances to use a powerful FH topspin. Calibra series is GREAT on stiff BTY blades like TBS, Schlager Carbon, Primorac Carbon, Maze, Gergely, Viscaria, and you name it, Calibra Series is excellent on those stiff BTY blades

2) You do not need max hardness of sponge using Tricarbon blade. That rules out Plus and LT versions of Calibra.

3) Calibra series is absolutely the best there is at a strong FH topspin vs an incoming topsin, equal to T05, but with a much lower throw that troubles opponents just as much or even more than T05 does. I know and have used both vs the same opponents using each rubber on FH for a year.

4) You use a Tricarbon blade because you are an amature player who likes to hit LOUD sounding very mach topspin shot and make grunting/yelling noises as you impact teh ball to further that concept, much like women's tennis grunting. Imagine that you make a topspin and the LOUD corking sound of Calibra Sound vs an incoming topsin, although sweet, isn't enough, so you add a loud grunt at impact as sweat explodes off your head and arms, and logo paint flies off the ball as it goes mega 10,000 RPM on its way to spin off into the stratosphere.