• Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Other (Post below)

Votes: 9 3.8%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
dan wll the games' matches be uploaded here?...am not so sure about the televson schedule...

If there is nothing on television you can always tune in at ITtv :) They will maybe not broadcast everything, although I still have a little hope that they will because there are only 4 tables, and I believe they had 3 livestreams at the WTTC. So maybe 4 streams is possible too. Anyways, you can find the full tournament schedule (Singles and Teams) here

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Review Moderator
Jul 2011
Read 7 reviews
That can't be true - #1 and #2 seeds (ie Zhang Jike and Wang Hao) will be in opposite halves, as usual.

Also, note that the semifinal pairings will be decided by lot, #1 can meet #3 or #4 etc.

Hmm yeah you might be right, I think they did the same at last Men's World Cup.

I also heard about Youtube livestreaming the sports events that are less popular - maybe table tennis? It's been a while since I've heard news about it though. Here's an article on it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18352578

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
i voted for joo out of pure hope, but seriously...i think zhang jike will win it, wang hao 2nd then third will be between boll, joo, oh, mizutani and maybe chuang, depending on the draw...however,there is still a small margin for upset as zhang and wang havent been coping well with the warm up mathces.
womens...i dont know..i think it will be a ding-li final, but im not going to say who'll win...the bronze i think will be either kim kyung ah or tie yana, provided kim can avoid wang yue gu in the draw because she always seems to lose to her...tie could beat one of the chinese however, that would be interesting...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
If there is nothing on television you can always tune in at ITtv :) They will maybe not broadcast everything, although I still have a little hope that they will because there are only 4 tables, and I believe they had 3 livestreams at the WTTC. So maybe 4 streams is possible too. Anyways, you can find the full tournament schedule (Singles and Teams) here
the ittf said yesterday there wont be any live straming on the ittv :( its allright for me though, i can watch on the bbc :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
It would be crazy if they put the #1 and #2 players in the same draw. That would just not make any sense and is never done.

If they put the #1 and #2 seeds in the same side of the draw, that would be a disgrace to the sport.

They did this once, for the doubles competition at the 2004 Olympics, in order to avoid an all-Chinese final. That was indeed stupid.

The general procedure for the singles draw is posted on ittf.com, Zhang and Wang will NOT be in the same half.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
i think it's time for a surprise in our sport :).
i vote for Ovtcharov. he won 3-0 Mizutani in wttc. he lost from Ma long 3-0, but i think te second set was a matter of psychology, as he was leading the 2nd set with 9-4. if he had won, the match would have been a derby.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
the ittf said yesterday there wont be any live straming on the ittv :( its allright for me though, i can watch on the bbc :)

Ah that's too bad, I guess they don't own rights for the Olympic footage. But I think many national broadcasts will have internet streams. I remember in 2008 you could watch practically any sport in the Netherlands via internet :)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
China will tell people Wang hao is injured and xu will play and win

Interesting this may happen seeing as Xu Xin now has the P Card and is part of the team of any player does get injured.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
On a different note, I cannot believe how close we are to the London Olympics. Wow. It will be fun. You guys who live in the UK must be beside yourself excited. I wish I could go. What an experience that would be.

Dan, will you a group with Table Tennis Daily signs organized for the Table Tennis events?

Hey Carl! Flown by hasn't it! Yeah I will make a thread soon to see if anyone wants to meet up. I have lots of leaflets and other bits but no TTD signs. They would be good. I live 20 mins from the TT Olympic venue so ill try come each day to promote the site and meet TTD members :)

MJB

This user has no status.

MJB

This user has no status.
May 2012
I'm looking forward to the men's singles event but one word keeps nagging away in my head - 'devalued'. Because of the inept qualification rule, some players (four in the world top ten) are not even allowed to compete. Incredibly, it's more difficult to win the English Open than Gold at London 2012.

The Olympic Games are supposed to be about watching the very best athletes. Sadly, table tennis is an exception to the rule (the draw is full of lowly-ranked players, has-beens and veterans). Zhang Jike must be feeling so happy.

This user has no status.
I'm looking forward to the men's singles event but one word keeps nagging away in my head - 'devalued'. Because of the inept qualification rule, some players (four in the world top ten) are not even allowed to compete. Incredibly, it's more difficult to win the English Open than Gold at London 2012.

The Olympic Games are supposed to be about watching the very best athletes. Sadly, table tennis is an exception to the rule (the draw is full of lowly-ranked players, has-beens and veterans). Zhang Jike must be feeling so happy.

So is Olympic soccer...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey Carl! Flown by hasn't it! Yeah I will make a thread soon to see if anyone wants to meet up. I have lots of leaflets and other bits but no TTD signs. They would be good. I live 20 mins from the TT Olympic venue so ill try come each day to promote the site and meet TTD members :)Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
That is going to be awesome. :) I wish I could be there and hand out flyers and watch the events. I am looking forward to your reports as the events happen. You should try to take lots of photos to post of TTD members at the olympics too.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
That is going to be awesome. :) I wish I could be there and hand out flyers and watch the events. I am looking forward to your reports as the events happen. You should try to take lots of photos to post of TTD members at the olympics too.

Wish you could be there to Carl! Would be awesome to meet you! I will do my best on the reports :) I don't think I can take my laptop with me so Ill have to take my phone for updates. I have a great camera for the photos to! :) I will get lots of shots of TTD members. Great idea!

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
My Olympic tickets arrived the other day! :)

olympictickets.jpg

Cannot wait now!

Reactions: Giangt and WiWa

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Lucky you Bro, living in the host country..
I guess I will watch the Olympics on tv just like many other ;)

Time went so fast it's almost Olympics! omiGodomiGodomiGodomiGodomiGod.. EXCITED!
)))))))))))))))))))))))

Anyways it's still very hard for me to guess the singles champion even today.. Hmm..

I know i'm very lucky! Wish you was here Yosua! It has flown by hasnt it!! I remember when London won the Olympic bid, feels like yesterday haha.