The new Wang Hao?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
man, China has their training methods now down to an exact science. Every 2-3 years they are going to have a new crop of insanely good players. The problem is, when you have THAT much talent, it's going to be insanely hard to standout. The Chinese national team is already having problems with deciding who represents the team. I mean they are going to be forced to squeeze out WLQ and Ma Lin despite the fact that they still overwhelmingly beat non-Chinese players. I feel bad for those players in the future who are insanely and yet can't make it on the national team because the competition is just too good. I mean thats basically already the case in China even now, since they have probably dozens of players who on any given day can beat the best non-Chinese players, but it will be even more so in the future. Ma Long and Xu Xin are still young, they still have at least 7-8 years playing at their peak, and yet in those 7-8 years probably 3 more generations of players from China will appear, and not everyone of them will have the opportunity to play for the team.

Anyway, regarding this thread, Wu Jiaqi seems really comfortable with his RBH, more so than I think even Wang Hao was when he first appear on the scene at the age of 18 or so. So yeah he definitely has potential. It's good to see that they are raising up players of every different style, so that the Chinese team has variety, and not just making everyone a Ma Long clone.