Timo Boll ZLF

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Hi gus.

I could be great to hear what type of playing you have and how many years you have been playing.

Haven't tried Rosewood NCT V before, but tried TB ZLF. It's a fast blade which has decent control, good for top spin and good felling. I would say it has a bit of vibration but not that much. Good for offensive play mid-range.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
if you like rosewood maybe you shoud try rosewood XO. a bit faster than ebenholz v with great control.
also lighter enough than the other blades of hardwood series.

This user has no status.
Hi gus.

I could be great to hear what type of playing you have and how many years you have been playing.

Haven't tried Rosewood NCT V before, but tried TB ZLF. It's a fast blade which has decent control, good for top spin and good felling. I would say it has a bit of vibration but not that much. Good for offensive play mid-range.

hi giangt ! i am an attacker and i play close to the table and mid-distance i like flick and topspin a lot but i also use push and block !!

This user has no status.
if you like rosewood maybe you shoud try rosewood XO. a bit faster than ebenholz v with great control.
also lighter enough than the other blades of hardwood series.

hi haris ! i dont know if XO would be a better option! have you ever played with XO ? i've heard that XO is faster and lighter but they say it loses on control ! so im in temptation which of them should i choose !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
i play with rosewood xo. it is lighter and faster than rs v. the control for me is great, but i used to play with primorac carbon so maybe my opinion is not so accurate :p. as i told you it is slightly faster or equal on speed with eb v, depending on the rubbers. also i think it has better control than eb v.
i haven't play with rs v, so i compare it with eb v which i have.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Funny, I felt that the TB ZLF lost a little at mid distance, but I did not feel that about Rosewood. :)

Not sure though, since each blade is a little different, and each person is a little different.

It is much less expensive but a pretty good blade, why not try a Stiga Clipper? It is as good as the other two blades and 1/3 the cost.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
i've got a clipper but i dont like it it is too heavy for me ! :p ive got the wrb and all the weight is in the front :p

Yeah, I don't really love the WRB. I like the regular Clipper with the solid handle. Although I don't mind blades that are head heavy. I feel like it gives a whipping action to my strokes. But, all the blades mentioned are pretty good blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
i think xo is a bit faster than clipper(or same, not big difference), but clipper is more solid. far from the table clipper is better because of its solidness, not speed. xo it's ok.
i like short game with xo, short return is very easy with T05 fx. i will try and clipper cr because i like solid blades, basically 7-ply.
if you don't mind about that give it a try.

This user has no status.
Yeah, I don't really love the WRB. I like the regular Clipper with the solid handle. Although I don't mind blades that are head heavy. I feel like it gives a whipping action to my strokes. But, all the blades mentioned are pretty good blades.

Hi Carl,

I remember your reply to my question the other day and here I want to convince myself to purchase Clipper over the next two weeks . I'm of the opinion that Clippers are a must have for this game and collector, what do you say Carl ?

To me, as long as you have 7 plies of blade that has a bit of stiff element, you won't struggle to play middle distance.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi Carl,

I remember your reply to my question the other day and here I want to convince myself to purchase Clipper over the next two weeks . I'm of the opinion that Clippers are a must have for this game and collector, what do you say Carl ?

I would say that is right. From the collector side of things, it is worth having the Clipper.

But I would also say that almost every single pro I know that is in NYC and is originally from China is using a Clipper. :) Must be something to that. :)

Can Wang, Wang Chen, Hiroka Ooka, Lily Yip, Hippo (his real name is too complicated for most of us NYC people to learn). I don't think Jennifer Wu uses a Clipper and I don't know what Taylor Wang uses, but, I would say that list is a list of excellent players over 2500 who all use a Stiga Clipper.

I would also say that in spite of DHS sponsorship, Wang Liqin using a Stiga Clipper without bothering to put the DHS handle on it says something as well.

So go for it. With a blade that good and that inexpensive in comparison to other blades, how could you miss. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I would say that is right. From the collector side of things, it is worth having the Clipper.

But I would also say that almost every single pro I know that is in NYC and is originally from China is using a Clipper. :) Must be something to that. :)

Can Wang, Wang Chen, Hiroka Ooka, Lily Yip, Hippo (his real name is too complicated for most of us NYC people to learn). I don't think Jennifer Wu uses a Clipper and I don't know what Taylor Wang uses, but, I would say that list is a list of excellent players over 2500 who all use a Stiga Clipper.

I would also say that in spite of DHS sponsorship, Wang Liqin using a Stiga Clipper without bothering to put the DHS handle on it says something as well.

So go for it. With a blade that good and that inexpensive in comparison to other blades, how could you miss. :)

i have a friend who trained for 2 months in china, he mentioned that the most popular shakehand blade there is clipper wood and donic carbo system off, even if you are a total beginner coaches tell students to get the clipper, for cpen its the YEO and rosewood V

out of the topic but i would just like to mention that the rubbers they use there according to my friend its always H3 or H3 neo on FH and either desto F1 or hammond pro alpha/beta on BH, tenergy is not even popular in china, atleast on the local clubs

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
what if we match them Stiga Clippers with euro/jap rubbers ? always chinese, eh ?
Clipper works well with both. I like hard rubbers so the softest thing I personally used on it when I was using one was Tenergy 05. But, I have hit with rackets that friends had that were the Clipper with soft Euro rubbers and it felt good to me as well. I tried with Xiom Omega III Europe and Elite and both felt pretty good on that blade, and I tried it with Donic Coppa X3. That felt good also.

@ sxTT: I bet the price of Tenergy is prohibitive and they all know in China that there are other things that cost much less and are good enough, or, might even be better for a developing player.

Last edited: