Table Tennis players/clubs in the US

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Hey everyone,

I thought I would just start a thread to get to know and see if there were any table tennis players around my area.

In undergrad I help start a table tennis club at my school UNC. And every semester there was a small regional table tennis tournament, and schools like Campbell, Duke, NC State, Wake Forest, Clemson, among others would attend, and it was a lot fun.

Now I am in grad school at William & Mary in VA, so I am hoping to maybe help start some kind of regional tournament, or if there already is one, join. At W&M we have a small team, not great, I am probably the best player and I would guess I am rated around 1700-1800 though it really depends on who I am playing and their style of play.

Anyways, it's always good to have the opportunity to play a lot of good people, at the moment I am dying to play some good players because since I am the best in our little school club, it's hard to make any real improvement in my game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Thought I would try to restart this thread.... been seeing a lot of people with the US flag banner.

If anyone who lives in the US and plays table tennis would make a post, tell their age, rating, and location. Then maybe if some people happen to live close, they can arrange a meeting and hit around. That would be fun.

As for me:

24, m, location is Virginia/North Carolina, rating would probably be somewhere between 1800-2000.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Thought I would try to restart this thread.... been seeing a lot of people with the US flag banner.

If anyone who lives in the US and plays table tennis would make a post, tell their age, rating, and location. Then maybe if some people happen to live close, they can arrange a meeting and hit around. That would be fun.

As for me:

24, m, location is Virginia/North Carolina, rating would probably be somewhere between 1800-2000.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
You should really look into Maryland and Penn State. There are a bunch of schools near you, but still about an hour - three to drive depending on how far you'd like to go. I would recommend you work on trying to enter into the NCTTA which allows you to travel to other schools and host as well tournaments at the College Level of TT. Currently Penn State's team has won their regional event and is looking to go to Nationals next year if they can win their event in the Spring. If I were you I would just go around emailing every school around you and see if you can't get some contact info that way. Also if you go onto usatt.org and go onto their club locator you should be able to find local clubs as well. But if you're looking for higher level players Maryland is your best bet as for 2200+ ranges with a few in the 1700-2100 range.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You should really look into Maryland and Penn State. There are a bunch of schools near you, but still about an hour - three to drive depending on how far you'd like to go. I would recommend you work on trying to enter into the NCTTA which allows you to travel to other schools and host as well tournaments at the College Level of TT. Currently Penn State's team has won their regional event and is looking to go to Nationals next year if they can win their event in the Spring. If I were you I would just go around emailing every school around you and see if you can't get some contact info that way. Also if you go onto usatt.org and go onto their club locator you should be able to find local clubs as well. But if you're looking for higher level players Maryland is your best bet as for 2200+ ranges with a few in the 1700-2100 range.

Solid info here. I live in New York City and know places to play here but don't do much traveling to play.