PDA

View Full Version : TTD Olympic Video

RIPPER
07-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Hi guys Dan (TTD), Tom (ttnard) and Me (ripper) are going to meet up in London to make a promotion TTD video in regards to the Olympics. The video will show us playing table tennis in various famous areas around London like infront of Big Ben, the London Eye, Buckingham Palace and of course the London Excel Arena where the Olympic table tennis event will take place! We will also try to visit the Olympic park and village area.

So the three of us will be tramping around london with a mini table setting it up and maybe even getting some of the public involved and asking them about their views on table tennis and Olympics and was wondering if anyone has any other ideas about what we could include in the video and any destinations that are famous in London that we could visit!!!

Thanks guys!

Heres the tables we will use thanks to Stiga :)

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/stigaolympictable.jpg

Dan
07-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Awesome Myles! This will be good fun! I need to get a trolley for the tables but will be all good :)

I'm thinking we get the public involved to, take some leaflets, will be good fun. Just need some good music for when editing the video if anyone has some ideas? Needs to be free uncopyrighted music

Anders
07-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Alice Cooper - Poison.. haha, would be nice, or shoot to thrill by ac/dc lol :p

Get some "around the net" footage in front of big ben, would be awesome!
I wish I was able to go to London to watch and join you guys, but Im at a pre-season camp in Sweden from 28th of July to the 5th of August.. Looking forward to it :D

RIPPER
07-16-2012, 08:36 PM
thanks anders, good idea about the around the net footage, will have to give it a try hopefully not too hard on the small table

RIPPER
07-16-2012, 08:44 PM

I wish I was able to go to London to watch and join you guys, but Im at a pre-season camp in Sweden from 28th of July to the 5th of August.. Looking forward to it :D

Good luck at the camp man, are you going to london at all to watch do you have any tickets as TTD members might be meeting up there.

Giangt
07-16-2012, 09:00 PM
How about doing loop to loops at Abbey road?

Dan
07-16-2012, 11:34 PM

Haha great idea Anders will give that a go :)

Wow training camp sounds great! That's during the whole of the Olympics! That will be cool to watch awesome matches on TV from the Olympics and then going to practice! Inspiring!

Dan
07-16-2012, 11:37 PM
How about doing loop to loops at Abbey road?

Haha yes will try this! :)

I think we may have difficulties doing loop to loop on these tables tho :)

Anders
07-17-2012, 01:46 AM
Good luck at the camp man, are you going to london at all to watch do you have any tickets as TTD members might be meeting up there.

No, I didn't buy tickets since I knew I was going to this camp... Hope you guys have fun tho!

Anders
07-17-2012, 01:54 AM
Haha great idea Anders will give that a go :)

Wow training camp sounds great! That's during the whole of the Olympics! That will be cool to watch awesome matches on TV from the Olympics and then going to practice! Inspiring!

Yeah, there will be several elite players from Sweden attending and also severalt professional coaches. So this will be a good camp :)

Hope you enjoy the Olympics Dan, I'll be watching from Sweden when I can. Wawe like a mad man when the camera is nearby, maybe I'll se you!
Really looking forward to the vid, gonna be crazy!

WiWa
07-17-2012, 08:28 AM
Haha yes will try this! :)

I think we may have difficulties doing loop to loop on these tables tho :)

You could try smashing vs lobbing ^^. Might wanna invite Saive to join in for the lobbing haha. Or Jun or Maze. They're close anyway ;)

Steven
07-17-2012, 10:39 AM
That's a great idea. :p I'm sure many people want to play on those mini-tables.

Blackbird74
07-17-2012, 10:49 AM
May contact the Ping London people: http://pingengland.co.uk/find-a-table/
BBC TV centre near Shepherd's Bush might be interested, or Channel 4 near Victoria?
Possibly some of the football clubs as some of their players do play a bit, e.g. Arsenal.

azlan
07-17-2012, 11:12 AM
BBC TV centre near Shepherd's Bush might be interested, or Channel 4 near Victoria?
Possibly some of the football clubs as some of their players do play a bit, e.g. Arsenal.

Wow...I never knew this when I was living in London! Wish I did LOL... Great website mate. Used to live at Kensington Garden Square, behind Whiteleys, and Victoria, a flat above William Hill :)

Dan
07-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Wow...I never knew this when I was living in London! Wish I did LOL... Great website mate. Used to live at Kensington Garden Square, behind Whiteleys, and Victoria, a flat above William Hill :)

Wow right in the heart of London Azlan! Great place to live! :) Hope you didnt do to much betting! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Dan
07-17-2012, 12:23 PM

Great ideas thanks for this! Ill look into it right away! :)

Dan
07-17-2012, 12:32 PM
You could try smashing vs lobbing ^^. Might wanna invite Saive to join in for the lobbing haha. Or Jun or Maze. They're close anyway ;)

Haha we could really do with one of those players :)

I guess they will be in London now preparing. I may have to email Jun Mizutani haha

Michal_Z
07-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Do it Dan!
Try to go there ask them when they training, I think every top player should be just into this..
Its promotion of their sport, how can they deny? :)
Great idea, I am looking forward for that video..
I know a great music for it, unfortunately I dont know the name .. and dont know how to find it..
But IF I FIND it somehow, I will put it in here.. :)

Dan
07-17-2012, 01:37 PM
Do it Dan!
Try to go there ask them when they training, I think every top player should be just into this..
Its promotion of their sport, how can they deny? :)
Great idea, I am looking forward for that video..
I know a great music for it, unfortunately I dont know the name .. and dont know how to find it..
But IF I FIND it somehow, I will put it in here.. :)

The only thing is I have no idea where there all training. I think its secret! :( I wonder if we can find out the players locations in London. I think the Singapore team are in Surrey at the moment.

YosuaYosan
07-17-2012, 06:10 PM
This is an awesome idea!

I've got an idea:
Try shooting from the same distance, angle and position while doing a forehand stroke and watch the magic works when the video's background switches while Bro Dan and Miles is doing the forehand stroke.
That would be awesome at least for the intro ;)

Michal_Z
07-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Dan - you can contact stiga, they may help you with this..
Or?

And the music - yes I found it finally..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wrCueluN8M

Yop, without that beatbox it would be probably better, but .. in short promoting video it can be pretty damn good :)

Michal_Z
07-17-2012, 06:48 PM
Probably best promotional video I have ever seen is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcU255XBlcI

Unfortunately its not about table tennis, but still amazing video..
But maybe it will inspire you in some ways ;)
Climbing is my second favorite sport after table tennis :)
Too bad combining climbing with tabletennis means losing feeling..
After climbing session I couldnt play :D

UpSideDownCarl
07-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Dan, this might be your opportunity to get in touch with Timo Boll and get that interview. :)

No, this sounds like it will be fun stuff.

It would be cool if you could bring a full size table and put on a good old exhibition. When you play outdoors, the downside is that it is hard because of the wind. The upside is you can really get a crowd if you can hit, because people really do love watching that.

There are outdoor tables at Bryant Park in NYC and it does not take long to get a real crowd of spectators when two people can even hit reasonably well.

So, even with the mini tables, you should be able to draw a nice crowd.

RIPPER
07-17-2012, 08:18 PM
This is an awesome idea!

I've got an idea:
Try shooting from the same distance, angle and position while doing a forehand stroke and watch the magic works when the video's background switches while Bro Dan and Miles is doing the forehand stroke.

yosua, do you mean putting the camera right next to one of us whilst we are playing so that the viewers can see how fast the game is???

WiWa
07-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Dan, this might be your opportunity to get in touch with Timo Boll and get that interview. :)

It would be cool if you could bring a full size table and put on a good old exhibition. When you play outdoors, the downside is that it is hard because of the wind. The upside is you can really get a crowd if you can hit, because people really do love watching that.

There are outdoor tables at Bryant Park in NYC and it does not take long to get a real crowd of spectators when two people can even hit reasonably well.

Just do the exhibition in a mall ;)

chughtai
07-17-2012, 11:44 PM
man now i am wondering how much that mini table costs it would be really handy sometimes

Der_Echte
07-18-2012, 01:30 AM
This could shape up to become extremely EPIC.

Steven
07-18-2012, 10:36 AM
The only thing is I have no idea where there all training. I think its secret! :( I wonder if we can find out the players locations in London. I think the Singapore team are in Surrey at the moment.

The Chinese team is in Leeds at the moment, according to Tabletennista.

VenusCarboKev
07-18-2012, 12:52 PM
yosua, do you mean putting the camera right next to one of us whilst we are playing so that the viewers can see how fast the game is???

sir ripper i think ...I THINK he means like doing a forehand with the camera facing you then playing at a different location and doing that exact stroke with the camera at the exact same position as the first time and do it in a lot of different places and just edit them together and make it look like 1 fluid forehand stroke but the background is changing....like at 1:40 of this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XleOkGsYgO8 ... :) well atleast thats what i THINK sir Yosua is trying to say haha

Blackbird74
07-18-2012, 03:04 PM

Last I heard, though it was a long time ago, Japan were to be training at Morpeth school in East London, which is a Premier TT club:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12848896

That video is from a while ago though.

YosuaYosan
07-18-2012, 03:06 PM
sir ripper i think ...I THINK he means like doing a forehand with the camera facing you then playing at a different location and doing that exact stroke with the camera at the exact same position as the first time and do it in a lot of different places and just edit them together and make it look like 1 fluid forehand stroke but the background is changing....like at 1:40 of this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XleOkGsYgO8 ... :) well atleast thats what i THINK sir Yosua is trying to say haha

You got it spot on, man! Much thanks for delivering my thoughts in a better way :)

Sorry its hard for me to describe it in words :o

Dan
07-18-2012, 08:38 PM
This is an awesome idea!

I've got an idea:

Haha awesome idea I know what you mean Yosua :) I will try this :)

Dan - you can contact stiga, they may help you with this..
Or?

Stiga are really busy at the moment :) They will reply to me once they have everything sorted. I believe they are not going to the Olympics.

Great ideas buddy will do this. Will use some of the Ping tables and our mini table :)... I'm sure we can get some good footage. By the way I would love to get Timo Boll involved! I'd be star struck ha!

man now i am wondering how much that mini table costs it would be really handy sometimes

You can get them from Stiga I believe.. On their website? They are very good quality mini tables

This could shape up to become extremely EPIC.

Bollforte94
07-18-2012, 10:37 PM
Wow this sounds amazing, too bad I am not able to be there. I think you will have good chances to play with a professional player:) I wish you all calm wind

Dan
07-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Here are some photos of me, ttnard (Tom) and RIPPER (Myles) from a professional photographer at the Excel Arena during our filming :)

Ian
07-24-2012, 04:05 PM
You should get some footage in front of The O2. It's become a popular London landmark now and it just a few stops away from the ExCel.
Or you could take the new cable car they've built. Perhaps you can set up the table while in one of those and play while you're moving :D
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/uk/london/9362037/Londons-Emirates-Air-Line-cable-car-service-launches.html

GECA
07-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Amazing idea guys,good luck!

Davott
07-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Here are some photos of me, ttnard (Tom) and RIPPER (Myles) from a professional photographer at the Excel Arena during our filming
:)

That looks awesome. I know you'll be able to get some awesome crowds around excel (remembering there are two Ping! tables next to excel anyway). If your near Big Ben, head down onto South Bank. Only worry down there is that the street artists have to be licenses so that could be an issue.

Also, heading to Westfields shopping centre is probably a good shout as well - jumping distance from the Olympic Park.

Tell us when/where your planning on setting up and I'll try and come say hi - bit of a bother because I'll be wearing my volunteer uniform most of the time and aint allowed into any press-like photographs.

Michal_Z
07-26-2012, 09:34 AM
So!
Olympics behind the corner, when will you release the video ??

Dan
07-26-2012, 11:49 AM
So!
Olympics behind the corner, when will you release the video ??

Hey Michal video will be uploaded tomorrow morning! :)

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2