Chinese National Team Training

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
This is funny..
China china china..
No european training videos.. Do they even train? :)
Tabletennis is probably a daily part of sports channels on Chinese television. The fact that they have this sort of coverage of preparing for the Olympics shows the big gap between China and the rest of the world in terms of the popularity of table tennis.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
If an European player won a gold medal at the Olympics it would definitely change the view of table tennis in Europe. But what are the odds heheh :)
It's really not impossible :p Depends a bit on the draw as well, but I think there are several players who have a decent shot against Zhang Jike and Wang Hao like Timo, Dima, Jun or Ryu.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
It's really not impossible :p Depends a bit on the draw as well, but I think there are several players who have a decent shot against Zhang Jike and Wang Hao like Timo, Dima, Jun or Ryu.

You're totally right ;) But as the Chinese players have played in the last couple of Pro Tours tournaments Timo, Dima, Jun or Ryu must play their very best at the Olympics. I will cheer for the underdog, but if it's Zhang and Wang in the singles final I will cheer for ZJK.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
You're totally right ;) But as the Chinese players have played in the last couple of Pro Tours tournaments Timo, Dima, Jun or Ryu must play their very best at the Olympics. I will cheer for the underdog, but if it's Zhang and Wang in the singles final I will cheer for ZJK.
Me too. Actually there are so many players that I would love to win haha. It would be great for Wang Hao, because he lost 2 finals already, Boll would totally deserve it as the crown on his career since he hasn't got too many years left at his peak I'm afraid. Zhang nailing his Grand Slam at the first occasion would be awesome. I could go on :p The only outsider I don't want to win is Dima, hehe.