PDA

View Full Version : How to use this forum

Dan
10-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Hey everyone!

Firstly thanks for everyone joining this site!

Any questions on how to use the TableTennisDaily forum, post below and we will respond :)

Dan

MDanielCRO
11-25-2014, 04:42 PM
Can I know how to delete my profile??

agold
11-25-2014, 11:26 PM
Can I know how to delete my profile??

Are you leaving the forum?

eyepop
07-16-2016, 08:38 AM
Hi, could someone tell me how to like some post? I can't find the "like" button anywhere. Thanx.
EDIT: It suddenly appeared! Thanx!

Dan
07-16-2016, 08:43 AM
Hi, could someone tell me how to like some post? I can't find the "like" button anywhere. Thanx.
EDIT: It suddenly appeared! Thanx!

Good question. Posts can only be liked once a user has posted at least 5 posts.

songdavid98
07-16-2016, 04:32 PM
How do you change your status?

For example, Abe Gold has a status of 'New Setup!' while you have 'Thanks for all the great feedback today in regards to TableTennisDaily'

Der_Echte
07-18-2016, 06:39 AM
I think we have all been waiting to change status for a few years, give it another decade or so...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Nuke Skywalker
07-21-2016, 02:19 PM
I want to know how to change the status as well. Der, you changed yours, how'd you do it?

Ttfun123
07-21-2016, 05:16 PM
Same here

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Cornel
07-21-2016, 08:09 PM
Funny thing : when I didn't want to change my status, I was seeing that option constantly in my profile general settings or something like that. Now I want to find that option and I can't.

Maybe Dan removed the option to edit your status but forgot to remove the status itself?

Nuke Skywalker
07-21-2016, 08:19 PM
I really just want to change my status from "User has no status!" to "User has status!" Nothing more.

UpSideDownCarl
07-21-2016, 09:08 PM
Nuke, I think you mean: "User HAS STATUS!!!!"

You've gotta have the right tone of voice to give that statement it's appropriate meaning.

I forget what my status says but, for real, it is an option that stopped working about 4 years ago. Primarily, that was to distinguish that Der_Echte HAS STATUS, and pretty much everyone else has almost no status. Hahaha.

His status has mostly to do with street cred from chicken and beer bets and the number of goon squad captures he's made over the years, primarily using an $8.00 BH rubber to lay the trap. Although, these days he's upped the anti and now uses a $20.00 Nexy rubber for BH.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Der_Echte
07-21-2016, 09:28 PM
Dan had issues getting the status thing to work properly a few years back... may even he shyt-canned that function.

Der_Echte
07-21-2016, 10:01 PM
My street cred comes from when you and Abe were wrestling over the Spartacus blade while I gave you all cover outside by whipping it out and demanding the goon squad pay me $20 ASAP for parking or I would pee all over them. I was at the ready and they were right in the spray zone, it would have been bad for them if they refused to pay the piper. They were eager to take away Abe's Spartacus and all those special H3's you had squirreled away in your pack, but they were less eager to get all wet and stanky. They wisely paid by electronic transaction, they didn't want to do a cash transaction and handshake for some reason.

songdavid98
07-22-2016, 02:40 AM
I forget what my status says

It says,

"More SPiN, More SPiN"

UpSideDownCarl
07-22-2016, 03:17 AM
It says,

"More SPiN, More SPiN"

[emoji2] It's been a while since I looked from the website instead of from tapa talk on my NSASpyPhone. But that is basically what Michael Landers told me I needed to do to improve several years ago. He said I needed more spin and I should learn to spin everything.

These days I think I get more spin than most people my level. But...more spin is always good.

ttmonster
07-22-2016, 06:33 AM
I can definitely understand the part about them not agreeing to do the handshake ;)

My street cred comes from when you and Abe were wrestling over the Spartacus blade while I gave you all cover outside by whipping it out and demanding the goon squad pay me $20 ASAP for parking or I would pee all over them. I was at the ready and they were right in the spray zone, it would have been bad for them if they refused to pay the piper. They were eager to take away Abe's Spartacus and all those special H3's you had squirreled away in your pack, but they were less eager to get all wet and stanky. They wisely paid by electronic transaction, they didn't want to do a cash transaction and handshake for some reason.

Der_Echte
07-23-2016, 06:48 PM
If Dan bring gs back status functionality, then we could update our status on how Goon Squad is chasing us or where we are in entrapping them.

Der_Echte
07-23-2016, 06:49 PM
Dan might be reluctant as some member might get silly and create a status "Jumping off Brooklyn Bridge" or something.

UpSideDownCarl
07-23-2016, 06:55 PM
If Dan bring gs back status functionality, then we could update our status on how Goon Squad is chasing us or where we are in entrapping them.

Being that I've been trapped in Deep Space for some time now and gave up my SpyPhone and opted for a good old fashioned Abacus, I'm not sure I'd have access to those fancy functions.

I've found Deep Space to be one of the few ways to stay out of the way of the goon squad.

Back when I was at Delphi and using the Pythia for communication with the outside world, her messages were somewhat cryptic and hard to interpret. Kind of like some of the messages from certain members of the forum where you have to be able to read between the lines.

Back to my incubation tube.

Dan
07-24-2016, 10:15 PM
Dan might be reluctant as some member might get silly and create a status "Jumping off Brooklyn Bridge" or something.

Hi Der and other members re status issue. We are currently working on something very nice, will be launched this week will keep you posted here :)

Atas Newton
12-05-2017, 12:24 PM
Hi, Dan! I figured this is the forum to ask: can anything be done to make the "go to the first unread post in the thread" button bigger/more noticeable? It's a very useful feature. What it currently looks like is this tiny question mark between the OP's name and the thread's date:
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/cache.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fe6dT6ot.png