This user has no status.
1215807576548_f.jpg

Look at 2:26.... Enough said...

Reactions: aspitalak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Not true!

Im not saying the double bounce is imposible but this one wouldn't have double bounced if not for the air current created by the other man's wiff. He pushed the ball forward a little bit just from the wind he mad off of his counter forehand. Great point tho.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Guys, I made this shot this wednesday!
Very similar like Gatien, it was during a doubles game, my partner served, opponent pushed the ball deep into my forehand, I went down and looped slow spinny topspin, the ball bounced 2 times on the table, opponents wanted to block it but as their block was prepared off the end of the table, it was impossible :)

I never imagined I will be able to do this shot, but I made it, yeah! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Guys relax if the topspin is really heavy there is no way that it can bounce twice on the table. Actually, the topspin here is not heavy but light.

Try to make your heaviest topspin to land close to the net, the ball will go forward and out of the table because of the forward rotation.

Gatien didnt fully contact the ball on purpose (the contact is made at the end of his stroke and at the edge of his paddle) , he wanted to land close to the net so that he can take CCY out of position, notice that although is motion is a forward motion, the ball doesnt have a full forward trajectory but it goes more up and less forward

Another factor is that the shot is made after a backspin shot of CCY, which makes it easier for a loop like that (the loop must first neutralize/lift the backspin and add topspin, which is the same rotation around the X axis) . I

If the ball was no spin and gatien executed the same motion, 99.99999 % of times the ball would hit only once at CCY's side of the table because you need to execute 100% perfect topspin.

Which is impossible to do on purpose, unless you have a godlike talent and know by nature exactly how fast and when u need to contact the ball to make a loop like that vs a no spin ball

Reactions: Mikael Berglund
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I do not agree with you Frenzy..
My double bounce loop was spinned like crazy!
I put a lot of spin into the ball and it bounced twice on the table.
But my topspin was low over the net and landed close to the net. Also the ball bounced close to the corner, like 15-20 cm from the corner, because I played it that direction. From the corner of the net to the corner of the table :)
It really is possible!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Heavy topspin and close to the net + double bounce? Then it isnt "heavy" enough sorry. Heavy topspin means tons of spin and tons of spin cause the ball to bounce really long.

If the ball doesnt have lots of spin then maybe it can bounce twice, show me a video of executing your heavy topspin bouncing twice on the table please :)

What I am saying its not my personal opinion it is pure science and physics. What i mean by heavy topspin is that a very thin contact is made with maximum acceleration during contact, causing the ball to spin as much as possible. When the ball spins as much as possible then there is no way for it to bounce twice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Frenzy, not with low speed.. Low speed sometimes causes "bad bounce", when you are such an expert, you should know it.. :)
This time I doubt it was a bad bounce, it bounced just fine, just the spin curved the trajectory of the ball back to table.
You didnt think about that, did you?
You have to think about the trajectory of the ball, not just about the bounce. Because loads of spin causes more curve and the ball has tendency to fall down.
Just like when you hit heavy topspin and the ball looks like it has to fly long and the spin curves it down to the end of the table.
This is the same.
You counted in one thing, but forgot the other, what spin does ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Whats the term bad bounce exactly? What do you mean? the trajectory is forward there is no such thing like "curved trajectory back to the table"

When spinning the ball two forces are applied the spinning force and the forward force. It is quite obvious that gatien looped with a forward motion ,thats why his shot was unintended. Looping with forward motion like gatiens stroke, it is impossible for the ball to bounce twice.

If you check the video carefully you can see that he whiffed the ball with the EDGE of his racket.

You are right for low speed but did you see gatien looping slow? NO his motion is really fast and snappy.

Dont get ironic, prove me that you can do it and then you will ahve my respect. till then learn some manners and to make a civilized conversation without insluting the person you are talking to.

Im done with you kid, learn physics/manners and only then i will talk to you as a person who deserves to have a conversation with

p.s. im waiting for that video :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
oh and one other thing. Did you hear the sound when he is looping? Compare it with the sound of looping in the previous points. In this "mythical" double bounce loop, the sound is "dead" (sound as if the ball hits more wood and less rubber and not the soft clicking sound of a normal loop (sound as if the ball hits more rubber and less wood) . This is more evidence about how the topspin is LIGHT and touched the edge of the blade.

enough said.

p.s. looking forward for your video demonstration, till then you cannot defy the laws of physics

Reactions: Rajah*