Tibhar Xeon Sensitec With YASAKA Mark V GPS.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
This discussion is about the new Tibhar Xeon Sensitec bat .

I bought one and assemble it with YASAKA GPS Mark V Max rubbers for both FH & BH,So I noticed that this is a great combination in my offensive play style. ( Top Spin , BH smashes ) .

but the problem is in the chops for both BH & FH . it is too difficult to do a chop with such a blade because i feel that any little touch make the ball fly away from the table.

Does any one here can tell me is that problem comes from the paddle (Tibhar Xeon Sensitec) or from the rubber (YASAKA Mark V GPS) with MAX thickness?

Please be noted that its my first time in using both of this models paddle & rubbers.

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
In my experience, the lack of feeling in the chopping department is most commonly due to the rubbers.
The Mark V probably has quite some catapult effect, where the ball grips deep (max thickness) into the rubber and then gets catapulted back out again.
This catapult thing is good as far as topspin and speed is concerned, but it makes it more difficult to control pushes and chops...

So it is up to you to decide whether you want to give up some speed/topspin with a thinner rubber or you just cope with it and try to get the most out of your rubbers by training...

Good luck m8

Reactions: amr_tareef
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well product reviews of the blade are that it is not very fast, it is a slow control blade good for allround play.

Product reviews of the rubber are that it is not overly fast or spinny and that it has good control. However, it is a soft rubber. So my guess would be with what olvarox already said. The thick, soft rubber is hard to chop with. 1.8 would be better for chopping but not as fast or spinny for offense. So it is a trade off. Thinner rubber, better for defense. Thicker rubber better for offense. :)

Reactions: amr_tareef
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
In my experience, the lack of feeling in the chopping department is most commonly due to the rubbers.
The Mark V probably has quite some catapult effect, where the ball grips deep (max thickness) into the rubber and then gets catapulted back out again.
This catapult thing is good as far as topspin and speed is concerned, but it makes it more difficult to control pushes and chops...

So it is up to you to decide whether you want to give up some speed/topspin with a thinner rubber or you just cope with it and try to get the most out of your rubbers by training...

Good luck m8

Thanks olvarox ... I'll stick with the fastest rubber ... I cannot live without Topspins.