From wood to carbon

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I've have always used a wooden blade. And I hear alot of people that believe carbon blades are a lot better. Is there really a big diffrence? Is worth spending 100 Euros? Cause I'm thinking of buying a new blade since I didn't win the viscaria blade. xD
I'm thinking of the Timo Boll Spirit.

Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
Carbon blades are good if you want more speed but still with a light weight, I prefer to use a fast wood blade though because it gives more control and feeling when you hit the ball, but they can still be fast. I think the best thing to do is buy a fast wood blade which would be cheaper as well :) I use the stiga hybrid wood nct with tenergy 05 which is awesome.

says Wangliqin Stop Spamming [IMG]
says Wangliqin Stop Spamming [IMG]
Oct 2010
another aspect besides lightness of the blade is structural integrity
out of all the carbon / composite blades I seen, they hold up pretty well, not like wood blades that has a break point down the line
it kinda holds the thing together even if you bang it hard.... edges, handles. you'll know what I mean in 1 year time

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
I've heard that you lose some feel with carbon blades especially on shorter balls that require more touch, I can imagine that with tenergy would not be too great of a combination. All the carbon paddles that I've played with have been unnecessarily fast and I didn't get a good feel from them.