PDA

View Full Version : Fred play's Chen Qi - Leeds! (VIDEO)

TableTennisDaily
07-22-2012, 12:02 PM
The Chinese National Team are currently training in Leeds in preparation for the London 2012 Olympics (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?3058-London-2012-Olympics-(Singles)). Fred who you may have seen previously on TTD or on youtube is only 9 years of age and has been training since a young boy. He and fellow team mates and guests got the chance to play some Chinese National Team players. In the video below Fred plays Chen Qi.

In the background you can see the Olympic team practising including Ma Long and Xu Xin!

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/fredchenqi.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKiehb_7Ho8&feature=plcp

Der_Echte
07-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Go Fred! JKC is proud.

Giangt
07-22-2012, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the awesome post Dan! So mean of Chen Qi making a high ball with so much backspin so Fred can't reach it :) Did you do the recording!?

Dan
07-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the awesome post Dan! So mean of Chen Qi making a high ball with so much backspin so Fred can't reach it :) Did you do the recording!?

Haha I know, good humour from Chen Qi :) Na I didnt I think Fred's father did the recording :) Wish I could have gone to Leeds didn't know it was open access. Looks amazing there, hall is great!

azlan
07-22-2012, 12:53 PM
So nice to see the coaching staff giving some pointers to the kids...

Giangt
07-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Haha I know, good humour from Chen Qi :) Na I didnt I think Fred's father did the recording :) Wish I could have gone to Leeds didn't know it was open access. Looks amazing there, hall is great!

Hey what are you waiting for then!? I want a picture post of you and the CNT :) Yeah it could be awesome to be there watch a training session.

jmillsy2
07-22-2012, 01:41 PM
I believe that's fan ying that all the kids play with first ... Typical me, spotting a chopper a mile off :P
i wonder if she did any chops to the kids lol- that would have been interesting :P
this was a great opportunity for all of the people there, I wish I could have been there! :)

TME
07-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Where about in Leeds is it that that are training?

TTTT
07-22-2012, 05:00 PM
I believe that's fan ying that all the kids play with first ... Typical me, spotting a chopper a mile off :P

Yes, definitely Fan Ying.

And is that Kong Linghui giving tips?

Dan
07-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Hey what are you waiting for then!? I want a picture post of you and the CNT :) Yeah it could be awesome to be there watch a training session.

Haha ill do my best in making it happen ! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

azlan
07-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Where about in Leeds is it that that are training?

I think it's at Leeds University Sports Complex...The Edge if I am not mistaken. It's at the main badminton hall.

jmillsy2
07-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Yes, definitely Fan Ying.

And is that Kong Linghui giving tips?
I'm not sure...I think so.
I could tell it was fan because of the way she drives her backhand lol- sensible move, bringing possibly the worlds most versatile female player along to spar with- she would be truly incredible if she hadn't have had that whole fuss with Wang hao and qiu yike lol

jkc
07-23-2012, 12:29 AM
In answer to a few questions.
-It is Leeds Uni.
-I don't think it was Kong, but I wasn't really taking that much notice.
-I did the filming.

Here is another clip from Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RspK9zAqc6s

Fred is back there from Tuesday to Friday training 10am to 5pm with some members of the regional squad. Sadly there will be no Chinese team next week.

I also have a few minutes of clips of Wang Hao, Ma Lin and Zhang Jike training which might find their way onto Youtube if anyone is interested.

UpSideDownCarl
07-23-2012, 05:00 AM
I also have a few minutes of clips of Wang Hao, Ma Lin and Zhang Jike training which might find their way onto Youtube if anyone is interested.

Of course we are interested. Nice videos. Good to see the kids get a chance to hit with CNT players.

How did Wang Hao look? Is he still holding some of that extra weight he gained a few months ago. Or has he lost most of it and back to something more close to his normal weight? Any idea?

Mr. RicharD
07-23-2012, 10:09 PM
I think that's awesome. I mean to play against such a high caliber lefty player when you're a lefty must just be amazing. I saw that he got a few tips from a coach I suspect.

Just great stuff thanks for posting.

Lan
07-24-2012, 05:25 AM
If only they knew chinese:)

YosuaYosan
07-24-2012, 06:15 AM
Dat future-chinese-pwner kid! Uh I mean Fred.. It's Fred..