PDA

View Full Version : Live Draw - London 2012 Olympics

TableTennisDaily
07-25-2012, 01:32 PM
The draw is currently being released over on the ittf website!

To follow the draw click the links below

Main Draw

Men's Singles (http://www.ittf.com/competitions/test/_draws_og.asp?Competition_ID=2003&Rnd=128&s_Event_Type=MS)
Women Singles (http://www.ittf.com/competitions/test/_draws_og.asp?Competition_ID=2003&Rnd=128&s_Event_Type=WS)

We can use this thread to discuss the draw! :)

http://www.ittf.com/stories/pictures/zhang_jike_13_11_11_Large.jpg
Photo by: Vincent Kovacs

Dan
07-25-2012, 01:37 PM
So Timo Boll is in Wang Hao's half of the draw. This is Timo Boll's best chance to make the final I feel! However he could meet Oh Sang Eun on route!

WiWa
07-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Dang, if Maze wins his first match he'll meet Mizutani :( Not a good draw lol.

Dan
07-25-2012, 01:44 PM

Yeah I just saw that! Olympics tho, anything can happen! :)

Also, Joo Se Hyuk is in Zhang Jike's half. This tournament is going to be amazing!!

WiWa
07-25-2012, 01:44 PM
So Timo Boll is in Wang Hao's half of the draw. This is Timo Boll's best chance to make the final I feel! However he could meet Oh Sang Eun on route!
Oh will need a good form to beat Marcos Freitas, whom he will face in his first match xD

WiWa
07-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Zhang - Joo, Dima -Jun, Boll - Chuang, Wang - Oh will be the quarterfinals if everything goes according to rankings xD

WiWa
07-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Looks like Wang has a tough draw anyway xD first match against Schlager, then against Tokic/Gao Ning.

Dan
07-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Looks like Wang has a tough draw anyway xD first match against Schlager, then against Tokic/Gao Ning.

True, I think Wang Hao will edge passed them tho. Will be close! I am interested in Joo Se Hyuk, he could do some amazing things here!

Bollforte94
07-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Joo has to play with the same raquet like in the Hungarian Open!!! and of course in the same shape:) Please surprise us Joo Se Hyuk!

Diego
07-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi; there was a guy in Facebook commenting that he was unhappy as Koki Niwa is not participating in the singles; I wanted to ask this: Who is in best shape: Koki Niwa or Seiya Kishikawa? The last time I heard something about Seiya was for winning the Japan Open (2011?) and Koki won against Ma Long...

Steven
07-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Hi; there was a guy in Facebook commenting that he was unhappy as Koki Niwa is not participating in the singles; I wanted to ask this: Who is in best shape: Koki Niwa or Seiya Kishikawa? The last time I heard something about Seiya was for winning the Japan Open (2011?) and Koki won against Ma Long...I'd rather watch Koki Niwa as well, but Koki Niwa was ranked lower than Kishikawa at the time of entries. Which is probably why Kishikawa is playing. And don't forget that Koki Niwa has no experience with big tournaments like the WTTC or Singles World Cup yet. Timo has a nice draw. Tang Peng, Crisan, Chuang, and Wang Hao on his way. Could've been much worse. Look at Zhang Jike, he has to play Samsonov, Joo and Mizutani. xD

YosuaYosan
07-25-2012, 03:11 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH!
THIS IS AMAAAAAZZZZIIIIIIIIIIINGGGG! (caps needed)

Joo has to play with the same raquet like in the Hungarian Open!!! and of course in the same shape:) Please surprise us Joo Se Hyuk!

Totally agree!
Probably Joo will use some other mystery rubber :p

TTPRO
07-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Portugal vs Great britain !!!!!!!!!!!!

GERMANY WILL FIGHT AGANINST CHINA AT SEMI-FINALS

PORTUGAL VS KOREA LOL
HOW WILL WIN?

Michal_Z
07-26-2012, 08:19 AM
I dont know if this is only me, but I only see 2 names in the draw ..
Is it ok? where is the problem ???

Michal_Z
07-26-2012, 08:24 AM
Ok but this link works better for me:
Men draw (http://www.ittf.com/World_Events/2012OG/HTML_Draw/MS_Draw.htm)
Women draw (http://portal.ittf.com/World_Events/2012OG/HTML_Draw/WS_Draw.htm)

Michal_Z
07-26-2012, 08:26 AM
If I understand correctly, in Maze will have to play Kreanga at first.. wov! :)

Steven
07-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Some crazy first round team matches.. China-Russia, Germany-Sweden, Korea DPR-Korea REP...

nick31sg
07-26-2012, 09:09 AM
i have olympic tickets for the women's team quarter finals but my home country is on the other side of the draw. Is there any way to swap these tickets (a face value)?

Michal_Z
07-26-2012, 09:16 AM
And our member William Henzell plays his first match with Adam Pattantyus, same player that he met in semifinals of Challenger Series Tournament (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?1182-Challenger-series&p=39492) :D

NJ7
07-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Tough draw for both Men's and Women's singles

Michal_Z
07-26-2012, 03:09 PM

Nope, first match seems to be vs. Kreanga..

WiWa
07-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Nope, first match seems to be vs. Kreanga..
Yea, but if he wins that match, he'll face Mizutani. That's what I said ;)

alay
07-28-2012, 04:57 AM
Some crazy first round team matches.. China-Russia, Germany-Sweden, Korea DPR-Korea REP...

Truly agree. Personally I have much interest in Korea DPR - Korea REP because just a while ago they released a movie about them working as one delegation on a table tennis tournament back then. imdb.*om/title/tt2328503/ (Just understand that I'm a new user, can't post link, I'm sure you know what to do. :))

Michal_Z
07-28-2012, 07:41 AM
So interesting matches today at 17:00
Pär Gerell SWE vs. Lashin El-Sayed EGY
Gustavo Tsuboi BRA vs. Soumyajit Ghosh IND
Adam Pattantyus HUN vs. William Henzell AUS
Jean-Michel Saive BEL vs. Marko Jevtovic SRB
Matiss Burgiss LAT vs. Pierre-Luc Hinse CAN
Carlos Machado ESP vs. Quadri Aruna NGR

I hope this time Will will beat Pattantyus, yeeeah!