Blade and rubber = what feel?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Hi,

I am always puzzled on how players classify their feeling of blade and rubber when fix together. The following are some queries and assuming I am using the same set of rubber of same hardness on a number of blades of different hardness/stiffness:

a. The blade feel hard - does it mean the blade and rubber are both hard?
b. The blade feel medium hard - does it mean the blade is hard and rubber medium hard or the blade is medium hard but the rubber is hard?
c. The blade feel soft - does it mean the blade is very hard and the rubber is very soft?
d. The blade feel hollow - does it mean the blade is for defensive only and the rubber is hard?

Hope you guys can share your advice through your years of experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Thanks for your prompt response, decoy. What is the feel of your current setup? What blade and what rubber is your current setup?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
@YY :well i think both add to the feel dif combos create diff feel.

@fcg : my setup is well recently its been Stiga Rosewood 5 and H3 prov( slightly boosted jsut to break it in) for FH and T05fx for BH . Cpen.

my main setup is as on the left. HH + TG3BS + sriver fx fairly similar setup. with the HH being a tad faster and a tad stiffer blade i think its hard to tell because they are so similar.

anyway for soft loops on backspin or pushing you cant feel much and there sint much feedback... for me most of it comes from the sound which tells me whether i hit the ball ok or not.

when using faster more agressive strokes or when counter hitting heavy topspin the hard FH rubber actualy compresses the sponge and you then feel more though your hand but still msot of it comes from sound.

as for the bh rubbers t05 and sriver there isnt much either a bit more feeling of the balls presence on the bat but still a good shot is when you get that nice sound.

the setup doesnt vibrate too much like it did on lets say my old Stiga Allround tube. yuo could feel the blade vibrating for that bit too long and it would put you off and thus unsettle you... kinda, cant find the right word to use here.

so vibration is another way to express feel( possibly the majority of feel is measured in how much the blade vibrates and what kind of vibration it is..

for example.... the vibration on a deff blade like matsu****a pro felt kinda hollow( ish) and high pitched .. and the vibration on the Stiga allround felt dull and slow but long lasting

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
I tried my friend's Sardius with Xiom pro, and I thought that was really hard. No feed back, and the ball shot of the bat in a real hurry. I had problem serving spinny short serves. The ball pops up every time. My current set up is between soft and medium hard...just perfect for me.