PDA

View Full Version : Rubber protectors Tenergy?

EsoXLucius
07-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Hi all

I recently bought my first setup of tenergys, and i always use rubber protectors to protect and expand there lifetime.

Problem is that the covers wont stick to the rubbers, i have tried different brands and my home made from document folders.

Have i got dry crappy dry rubbers or is the oute surface on Tenergys like that?
My T64 feels kinda dry if i compare to my 05FX.

I realy like my setup especialy T64 on FH, i had LT sound before it took some time to get used to but i wont
buy it again if it dries up and is useless in minimum 2 months, i play 1-2 days a week.

What are your experience?

Best Regards
/Fredrik

Der_Echte
07-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Why even bother to use a topsheet protector? T05 is a an average rubber after a few weeks of daily use.

You could try to moisten the topsheet a little before applying the plactic sheet.

xkaboomx
07-27-2012, 03:43 PM
This is what I do to maintain my rubbers and I have Tenergy 05 on my backhand. It's still in great shape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtIsoVJhlqg

EsoXLucius
07-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Why even bother to use a topsheet protector? T05 is a an average rubber after a few weeks of daily use.

You could try to moisten the topsheet a little before applying the plactic sheet.

Well i am a rutin man and i have always moisten up my rubbers with water and use a plastic sheet after finishing playing.
There is no way that the sheets will stick to the surface ,thats why i wonder if its normal for Tenergy rubbers.
Now i spended alot of money on rubbers i didnt know something about and hopefully they are shiny and not loses grip after
one month of play.

xkaboomx
07-27-2012, 05:24 PM
From my experience with tenergy, I don't think you can get a film to stick to it unless the film has a very sticky side, even then, I wouldn't suggest using something like that on tenergy. The paper is a good enough protection and as long as you keep the rubber clean after you play it will last for quite a while. However, tenergy does not last nearly as long as chinese rubbers, and that's just the way it is.

EsoXLucius
07-27-2012, 06:00 PM
Ok thx for replying guys, I skip the protective sheets then.

UpSideDownCarl
07-27-2012, 06:01 PM
Funny. I use plastic sheets that come from report covers and they stick to my Tenergy topsheets just fine.

xkaboomx
07-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Really? I didn't think the texture of tenergy would stick to plastic films. Anyway, just keep it clean, should be fine.

UpSideDownCarl
07-29-2012, 04:01 AM
Anyway, just keep it clean, should be fine.

That is the important info. :)

ducksick
07-30-2012, 02:32 AM
I dont hav any probs at all. Im using Tensor & Nittaku protective film for Tenergy. After games, I'll clean the rubbers with water and let it dry before i stick the film.