Interview with Timo Boll

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Hi guys, I translated an inteview with Timo Boll from german into english...

Info : kicker is the name from an german football magazine :D

kicker : Do you play TT in your free time?
Boll : Outside of the hall I don't play very much. But because of relatives i've bought an outdoor table last year. And at some festivals I play some balls...
kicker : Do you enjoy a game?
Boll : Sometimes you're in a mode like you know everything what your opponent wants to to. Than it's really fun :) Or when you do some very special balls :D thats little succeeds who make you happy.
kicker : Let's talk about London. Do you have personal support there?
Boll : My wife Rodelia, my father, my onkle and my best friend are going to come there
kicker : In the past you had some problems with your back. Whats about this?
Boll : My technique with those short, explosive movements is good for the game but also very incriminating for the body. But now I'm training more physically like driving bike (it's bether for the back then jogging)
kicker : Is it good that now there can just participate two players for each country?
Boll : Yes and no... For me it's good cause there aren't that much opponents (But just concentrate on china isn't good as well), but for the German TT Organisation (sorry for bad english) it's not that good cause we have many good players who can't participate now...
kicker : When do you know if you have a good day?
Boll : Not until the match... 2004 at the training it was great but the game... I played cramped, nervous...
kicker : How do you think about the chances your team have in London?
Boll : Dima improved a lot and is very imporant for the team now. Also Bastian Steger is very very good for position 3.
kicker : In China you're a star. Do you regret the low popularity of TT in Germany ?
Boll : It's too bad for the sport but for me it's ok. I'm a shy guy... I'm sitting in the corner in a restaurant with the hope that no one can diagnose that it's me :D
kicker : So good luck for London !
Boll : Thank you

So guys, hope you were able to understand my english. That was a lot of work cause this interview was a german one :D

Kind regards,
Nairod