PDA

View Full Version : What The Pro's Use - Discuss

Dan
12-12-2010, 04:34 PM
This thread has been created so we know everything on what the professionals use! Such as what their equipment is, with questions and discussions! Also upload pictures of the pros using that rubber or blade just to confirm that we know they use that equipment. That's if you have these pictures:) if not no worries.

To make this happen just simply put

'The Players Name'
Blade
FH rubber
BH rubber
And Picture below if possible

I have done an example of the Chinese National Team members for everyone :)

Ma Long (CHN)
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Tenergy 64

Wang Hao (CHN)
Hurricane Hao
FH: Skyline III Blue Sponge
BH: Unknown

Xu Xin (CHN)
Offensive NCT
FH: Hurricane III Neo Orange Sponge
BH: Tenergy of some sort

Chen Qi (CHN)
Michael Maze Off
FH: Hurricane III Neo Blue Sponge
BH: Tenergy of some kind

Zhang Jike (CHN)
Viscaria FL
FH: H3 Neo Blue Sponge

MEN:

Boll, Timo (GER)
Timo Boll ALC
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Carneros, Alfredo (ESP)
Acoustic
Tenergy 05
Nianmor

Chen Qi (CHN)
Michael Maze Off
Hurricane III Neo Blue Sponge
Unknown Tenergy

Chih-Yuan, Chuang (TPE)
BTY Custom blade
Tenergy of some sort
Tenergy 64

Duran, Marc (ESP)
Korbel SK7
Tenergy 64
Tenergy 64

Hao Shuai (CHN)
Viscaria Light
H3 Neo Orange Sponge
Bryce Speed

Hoyama, Hugo (BRA)
Hasha Special (JPEN)
Pryde

Kreanga, Kalinikos (GRE)
Primorac Carbon with K.Kreanga off handle
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Legout, Christophe (FRA)
Timo Boll Spirit (with Legout handle)
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Ma Long (CHN)
Timo Boll Spirit
H3 Neo
Tenergy 64

Ma Lin (CHN)
Ma Lin Extra Offensive
Skyline II Blue sponge
Bryce Speed

Machado, Carlos (ESP)
Mazunov
Tenergy 64
Tenergy 64

Matsumoto, Cazuo (BRA)
Hasha Special (JPEN)
Tenergy 05

Maze, Michael (DEN)
Timo Boll Spirit
Bryce Speed
Bryce Speed

Mizutani, Jun (JPN)
Jun Mizutani ZLC
Tenergy 64
Tenergy 64

Monteiro, Joao (POR)
Michael Maze Off
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Monteiro, Thiago (BRA)
Hinotec OFF
Pilot Advance
Pilot Advance

Oh San Eun (KOR)
Oh Sang Eun
Tenergy 64
Tenergy 64

Ovtcharov, Dimitrij (GER)
Waldner Senso Carbon
Tenergy of some sort
Donic rubber of some sort

Panatagonis, Gionis (GRE)
Petr Korbel Off
Tenergy 05
Feint Long II

Persson, Jörgen (SWE)
Old Persson Powerplay
?
?

Samsonov, Vladimir (BLR)
Stratus Carbon
Something with purple sponge

Schlager, Werner (AUT)
Primorac Carbon with Schlager carbon handle (91 g)
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Smirnov, Alexei (RUS)
Photino?
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Steger, Bastian (GER)
Korbel SK7
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Süss, Christian (GER)
Clipperlike blade with Andro handles
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Tsuboi, Gustavo (BRA)
SK7
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Wang Hao (CHN)
Hurricane Hao
Skyline III Blue Sponge
Sriver topsheet with some sort of white sponge

Wang Liqin (CHN)
TBS
Hurricane II Neo Blue Sponge
Hammond Pro Beta

Waldner, Jan-Ove (SWE)
Waldner Senso Carbon
JO Gold
JO Platin

Zhang Jike (CHN)
Viscaria FL
H3 Neo Blue Sponge
Tenergy 64

Xu Xin (CHN)
Rosewood
Hurricane III Neo Orange Sponge
Tenergy of some sort
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOMEN:

Boros, Tamara (HRV)
Korbel SK7 (FL)
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Dodean, Daniela (ROU)
Primorac Carbon (FL)
Tenergy 64
Tenergy 64

Gao Jun (USA)
Matsush*ta Pro CS
Butterfly Challenger Attack

Liu Shiwen (CHN)
Korbel (FL)
H3 Neo Blue Sponge
Tenergy 64

Pavlovich, Viktoria (BLR)
Defence Alpha
Tenergy 05 1,7 mm
Feint Long III

Stefanova, Nikoleta (ITA)
Korbel SK7 (FL)
Tenergy 05 2,1 mm
Tenergy 05 2,1 mm

Tie Yana (HKG)
Special Made
Tenergy 05 2,1 mm
Tenergy 05 2,1 mm

Toth, Krisztina (HUN)
Tenergy 64 2,1 mm
Tenergy 64 2,1 mm

DKPOWA
12-12-2010, 05:45 PM
I´ve seen that site also, its awesome the ammount of pics it has on it, and the quality of them!
Wang Hao BH: Butterfly Sriver L with Bryce sponge
Xu Xin BH: Butterfly Tenergy 64 (but not 100% sure)

scylla24
12-12-2010, 05:53 PM
OK, this might be a total noob question, my understanding of paddles and rubber is pretty beginner, but is there a difference between the color of the sponge? like how several of the players listed use H3 Neo, but then have like blue sponge, orange sponge.

I went to train for like 5 days at this table tennis gallery in China, ( the owner had a pic of himself standing with an 18 year old Wang Liqin, which was cool ) and my dad bought me and my little cousin a paddle there based on the recommendations of the coach there, and while my paddle cost like roughly 100 dollars once you exchange it from yuan, and my little cousin's was like 10 dollars, he gave us the same rubber, saying the rubber isn't that huge of an impact, and most of the cost that makes a paddle expensive is because of the paddle itself, and how many carbon strips or whatever it has. So it has always been my general impression that while rubber is important, it not a huge game changer.

But like I said I have no real idea, some basic info would be great.

Dan
12-12-2010, 06:00 PM
OK, this might be a total noob question, my understanding of paddles and rubber is pretty beginner, but is there a difference between the color of the sponge? like how several of the players listed use H3 Neo, but then have like blue sponge, orange sponge.

I went to train for like 5 days at this table tennis gallery in China, ( the owner had a pic of himself standing with an 18 year old Wang Liqin, which was cool ) and my dad bought me and my little cousin a paddle there based on the recommendations of the coach there, and while my paddle cost like roughly 100 dollars once you exchange it from yuan, and my little cousin's was like 10 dollars, he gave us the same rubber, saying the rubber isn't that huge of an impact, and most of the cost that makes a paddle expensive is because of the paddle itself, and how many carbon strips or whatever it has. So it has always been my general impression that while rubber is important, it not a huge game changer.

But like I said I have no real idea, some basic info would be great.

Hey

Thats an interesting one!

I think both the rubber and the blade have an big effect... I practiced with a junior Chinese National team player for a year and he said how the blades make a very big difference. The way its made ect..

I have a good example... My friend had a normal Stiga blade that he bought in England... we put brand new Tenergy 05 on the blade... He got the exact same blade.. but this one was from the main Stiga supplier in Sweden that professional players get. We put brand new Tenergy o5 on this blade and there was such a huge difference!

However,,, this is that valid as to perhaps the Tenergy o5 on the Sweden blade was perhaps better then the Tenergy on the English Stiga blade who knows!

Back to the Chinese boy. He had some blades from china that he used... but because he was penhold i could use them :( but the blades were so good... his bat use to make a really loud and distinctive noise like Xu Xin or Ma Lins bat makes!

But who knows, its very difficult to understand how all this works but maybe there are other answers TTD members can give us here on this topic :)

scylla24
12-12-2010, 06:03 PM
What about the difference in sponge color? I assume its not just for the sake of which color you like, but that the color represents either difference in thickness or hard v soft.

Dan
12-12-2010, 06:12 PM
What about the difference in sponge color? I assume its not just for the sake of which color you like, but that the color represents either difference in thickness or hard v soft.

Yeh the national Hurricanes vary,, im not entirely sure how it works, but the Chinese team all use the blue sponge for the hurricane 3 neo. I remember watching Wang Liqin glue up his hurricane 3 at the World Championships in 2007 the rubber looked amazing! It was blue :P

I think also,, players change sponges around in china.. There are top sheets and sponges... So they can make there own custom rubber. So for example you could use a top sheet of hurricane 3 for it tackiness but have a bryce or tenergy sponge for its feel ect.

damo
12-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Timo Boll
Timo Boll ALC
FH:Tenergy 05
BH:Tenergy 05

Bollforte94
12-12-2010, 06:18 PM
I´ve seen that site also, its awesome the ammount of pics it has on it, and the quality of them!
Wang Hao BH: Butterfly Sriver L with Bryce sponge
Xu Xin BH: Butterfly Tenergy 64 (but not 100% sure)

Sriver L is right. Bryce Sponge ? Didnt know :D:D

I thought Ma Long uses H3 Neo orange sponge ? LOL

Dan
12-12-2010, 06:25 PM

Ive heard they can use brice sponge from somewhere....

and ooo i thought Ma Long had the blue sponge ?

scylla24
12-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Hmmm, well despite them maybe switching different components around to make custom rubber, is there a general principle behind the difference between orange and blue rubber. Like one is harder? One is better for X, while the other is better for Y?

Like why does, Zhang Jike use blue, while Xu Xin uses orange, and Ma Long either uses Blue or Orange, don't know if you or BollForte is right

Dan
12-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Hmmm, well despite them maybe switching different components around to make custom rubber, is there a general principle behind the difference between orange and blue rubber. Like one is harder? One is better for X, while the other is better for Y?

Like why does, Zhang Jike use blue, while Xu Xin uses orange, and Ma Long either uses Blue or Orange, don't know if you or BollForte is right

Yeh we need to get some pictures to confirm those Ma Long and Xu Xins rubbers:D But yeh im not to sure... but i think your right, most probs one is softer then the other... Because in the forehand side... some top players prefer a bit harder rubber and some prefer softer, im guessing thats the difference between them. Or that the tackiness is different.

Dan
12-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Look a the picture i Uploaded of Ma Longs rubber a the start of the thread it shows he uses blue sponge hurricane!

vytas
12-12-2010, 06:42 PM
seems like china always have next level equipment:(

Dan
12-12-2010, 06:44 PM
seems like china always have next level equipment:(

True, I would love to try one of there bats!!!!

Bollforte94
12-12-2010, 06:54 PM
So Dan, Ma Long used Orange Sponge WTTC 2009

http://media.photobucket.com/image/ma%20long/cuongphongchina/raquete-do-ma-long-2.jpg?o=5

Bollforte94
12-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Oh Dan, WTTTC 2010 Ma Long used Orange Sponge ;)
http://tenergy05.com/sites/default/files/images/timo%20bolls%20ma%20longs%20butterfly%20table%20tennis%20blades%202010%20wtttc%20mens%20finals.jpg

Dan
12-12-2010, 06:56 PM
So Dan, Ma Long used Orange Sponge WTTC 2009

http://media.photobucket.com/image/ma%20long/cuongphongchina/raquete-do-ma-long-2.jpg?o=5

Yeah bro :D But the picture i upload is recent of ma long

287 288

Bollforte94
12-12-2010, 07:06 PM
date of the foto ?

scylla24
12-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Is there any point in arguing which color he uses, if atm we don't know what each color means, and how it affects his game?

Dan
12-12-2010, 07:10 PM
date of the foto ?

Not sure, im going to watch ma long on some youtube latest videos and see what hes using :)

Anyways check out thse cool pictures of Zhang Jike!

Bollforte94
12-12-2010, 07:11 PM
But it is important to know :D
Maybe he choose the sponge color with the opppenent ?
against wang hao - orange sponge
against timo - orange sponge
against zhang - blue sponge
:D

Dan
12-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Is there any point in arguing which color he uses, if atm we don't know what each color means, and how it affects his game?

Its ok, im wrong ha :D just check a month ago on this youtube video... look here

scylla24
12-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Thought I would post this just for info for anyone who wanted to know.

Both the sponge AND the topsheet determine the amount of spin generated by a particular stroke. "Mechanical spin" means that the ball gets its spin from the underlying sponge and not so much from contact with the topsheet. This is typical of the European style rubbers. Surface spin means it gets it's spin from the tacky surface of the topsheet. This is typical of the Chinese style rubbers.
Sponges:
Sponges come in a variety of colours, thicknesses and characteristics. The sponge colour is not really important. The thickness is something you can choose when you purchase a particular type of rubber, although sometimes there is only one choice. The only parameter of the characteristics of the sponge used is the 'sponge hardness level’, normally expresses in degrees. These hardness levels usually range from about 30 to 50, with 50 begin the hardest. In general harder sponges are better for hitting and give a little more control. Soft sponges are better for looping and producing high speed with little effort, can produce more spin, but have less control. They are also harder to hit/smash with. This is a general guide only, since in the end the amount of spin or speed you produce depend mostly on the style of game that you play.

The choice of blade will also affect how much spin or speed you produce. In general the rubbers with softer sponges are used with ‘hard’ blades, such as the carbon/glass fiber ones, whereas the rubbers with the hard sponges are used with the ‘softer’ wooden blades. The rubber ratings of Speed, Spin and Control below, refer to the combination of both the rubber and sponge. Note that you can't really compare the rubber ratings of 2 rubbers of different manufacturers, since most manufacturers use their own ratings system. Note also that some manufacturers have changed their own ratings system in recent years, resulting in some of their old rubber being rated out, say 10, and newer rubbers rated out of 100!
Speed:
The numerical speed rating shown is an important guideline but is subjective because of the vast diversity of shots played and the variability of each player’s style. They have to be considered as subjective and variable because many players could effectively produce different playing characteristics from exactly the same rubber. It is there to assist you when selecting rubber. A rubbers final ‘speed’ performance will be determined by the player’s ability, sponge thickness and the blade choice.

Spin:
The foremost effective ‘weapon’ in table tennis. Reverse rubber types generate the maximum levels of topspin, backspin and sidespin. Rubbers with softer sponges will assist in the generation of spin while providing more feel and control. The spin rating given is also a ‘variable’ guideline and is subjective due to the wide-ranging abilities of players. The final ‘spin’ performance of rubber will be determined by the player’s technique, sponge thickness and the blade choice.
Control:
These ratings are again subjective and variable. A number of different factors such as rubber type, sponge thickness and blade used make a rubbers control factors difficult to precisely determine. Control is also related to a player’s experience, an aspect that can be improved and developed by practice.

Sponge Thickness:
This will alter the speed, spin and control ability of each rubber sheet. It is important to read the overall rubber description to understand its capabilities. In general, thicker sponges give more speed and spin, but less control.

Schlager
12-12-2010, 07:41 PM
The category below is in athabeticle order from the surname of each player.

MEN:

Boll, Timo (GER)
Timo Boll ALC
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Carneros, Alfredo (ESP)
Acoustic
Tenergy 05
Nianmor

Chen Qi (CHN)
Michael Maze Off
Unknown Tenergy

Chih-Yuan, Chuang (TPE)
BTY Custom blade
Tenergy of some sort
Tenergy 64

Duran, Marc (ESP)
Korbel SK7
Tenergy 64
Tenergy 64

Hao Shuai (CHN)
Viscaria Light
H3 Neo Orange Sponge
Bryce Speed

Hoyama, Hugo (BRA)
Hasha Special (JPEN)
Pryde

Kreanga, Kalinikos (GRE)
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Legout, Christophe (FRA)
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Ma Long (CHN)
Timo Boll Spirit
H3 Neo
Tenergy 64

Ma Lin (CHN)
Ma Lin Extra Offensive
Skyline II Blue sponge
Bryce Speed

Machado, Carlos (ESP)
Mazunov
Tenergy 64
Tenergy 64

Matsumoto, Cazuo (BRA)
Hasha Special (JPEN)
Tenergy 05

Maze, Michael (DEN)
Timo Boll Spirit
Bryce Speed
Bryce Speed

Mizutani, Jun (JPN)
Jun Mizutani ZLC
Tenergy 64
Tenergy 64

Monteiro, Joao (POR)
Michael Maze Off
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Monteiro, Thiago (BRA)
Hinotec OFF
Pilot Advance
Pilot Advance

Oh San Eun (KOR)
Oh Sang Eun
Tenergy 64
Tenergy 64

Waldner Senso Carbon
Tenergy of some sort

Petr Korbel Off
Tenergy 05
Feint Long II

Persson, Jörgen (SWE)
Old Persson Powerplay
?
?

Samsonov, Vladimir (BLR)
Stratus Carbon

Schlager, Werner (AUT)
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Smirnov, Alexei (RUS)
Photino?
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Steger, Bastian (GER)
Korbel SK7
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Süss, Christian (GER)
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Tsuboi, Gustavo (BRA)
SK7
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Wang Hao (CHN)
Hurricane Hao
Skyline III Blue Sponge

Wang Liqin (CHN)
TBS
Hammond Pro Beta

Waldner, Jan-Ove (SWE)
Waldner Senso Carbon
JO Gold
JO Platin

Zhang Jike (CHN)
Viscaria FL
H3 Neo Blue Sponge
Tenergy 64

Xu Xin (CHN)
Rosewood
Tenergy of some sort
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOMEN:

Boros, Tamara (HRV)
Korbel SK7 (FL)
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Dodean, Daniela (ROU)
Primorac Carbon (FL)
Tenergy 64
Tenergy 64

Gao Jun (USA)
Matsush*ta Pro CS

Liu Shiwen (CHN)
Korbel (FL)
H3 Neo Blue Sponge
Tenergy 64

Defence Alpha
Tenergy 05 1,7 mm
Feint Long III

Korbel SK7 (FL)
Tenergy 05 2,1 mm
Tenergy 05 2,1 mm

Tie Yana (HKG)
Special Made
Tenergy 05 2,1 mm
Tenergy 05 2,1 mm

Toth, Krisztina (HUN)
Tenergy 64 2,1 mm
Tenergy 64 2,1 mm

Hi Dan!

Here's something to get you started.

I have no idea what's correct and not for the women, and some of the men might not be up to date either.

-Schlager

Dan
12-12-2010, 07:43 PM
MEN:

Boll, Timo (GER)
Timo Boll ALC
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Carneros, Alfredo (ESP)
Acoustic
Tenergy 05
Nianmor

Chen Qi (CHN)
Michael Maze Off
Unknown Tenergy

Chih-Yuan, Chuang (TPE)
BTY Custom blade
Tenergy of some sort
Tenergy 64

Duran, Marc (ESP)
Korbel SK7
Tenergy 64
Tenergy 64

Hao Shuai (CHN)
Viscaria Light
H3 Neo Orange Sponge
Bryce Speed

Hoyama, Hugo (BRA)
Hasha Special (JPEN)
Pryde

Kreanga, Kalinikos (GRE)
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Legout, Christophe (FRA)
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Ma Long (CHN)
Timo Boll Spirit
H3 Neo
Tenergy 64

Ma Lin (CHN)
Ma Lin Extra Offensive
Skyline II Blue sponge
Bryce Speed

Machado, Carlos (ESP)
Mazunov
Tenergy 64
Tenergy 64

Matsumoto, Cazuo (BRA)
Hasha Special (JPEN)
Tenergy 05

Maze, Michael (DEN)
Timo Boll Spirit
Bryce Speed
Bryce Speed

Mizutani, Jun (JPN)
Jun Mizutani ZLC
Tenergy 64
Tenergy 64

Monteiro, Joao (POR)
Michael Maze Off
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Monteiro, Thiago (BRA)
Hinotec OFF
Pilot Advance
Pilot Advance

Oh San Eun (KOR)
Oh Sang Eun
Tenergy 64
Tenergy 64

Waldner Senso Carbon
Tenergy of some sort

Petr Korbel Off
Tenergy 05
Feint Long II

Persson, Jörgen (SWE)
Old Persson Powerplay
?
?

Samsonov, Vladimir (BLR)
Stratus Carbon

Schlager, Werner (AUT)
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Smirnov, Alexei (RUS)
Photino?
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Steger, Bastian (GER)
Korbel SK7
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Süss, Christian (GER)
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Tsuboi, Gustavo (BRA)
SK7
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Wang Hao (CHN)
Hurricane Hao
Skyline III Blue Sponge

Wang Liqin (CHN)
TBS
Hammond Pro Beta

Waldner, Jan-Ove (SWE)
Waldner Senso Carbon
JO Gold
JO Platin

Zhang Jike (CHN)
Viscaria FL
H3 Neo Blue Sponge
Tenergy 64

Xu Xin (CHN)
Rosewood
Tenergy of some sort

WOMEN:

Boros, Tamara (HRV)
Korbel SK7 (FL)
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Dodean, Daniela (ROU)
Primorac Carbon (FL)
Tenergy 64
Tenergy 64

Gao Jun (USA)
Matsush*ta Pro CS

Liu Shiwen (CHN)
Korbel (FL)
H3 Neo Blue Sponge
Tenergy 64

Defence Alpha
Tenergy 05 1,7 mm
Feint Long III

Korbel SK7 (FL)
Tenergy 05 2,1 mm
Tenergy 05 2,1 mm

Tie Yana (HKG)
Special Made
Tenergy 05 2,1 mm
Tenergy 05 2,1 mm

Toth, Krisztina (HUN)
Tenergy 64 2,1 mm
Tenergy 64 2,1 mm

Hi Dan!

Here's something to get you started.

I have no idea what's correct and not for the women, and some of the men might not be up to date either.

-Schlager

Thanks so much! your the man dude! I hope you can bring a lot of input to this forum.. speak soon!

Schlager
12-12-2010, 07:46 PM
np.

I'll try to check in from time to time, but right now my studies are taking most of my time..

Btw: The picture you have under Ma Long, is of Wang Liqin's TBS!

Dan
12-12-2010, 07:49 PM
np.

I'll try to check in from time to time, but right now my studies are taking most of my time..

Btw: The picture you have under Ma Long, is of Wang Liqin's TBS!

OOOO thats why its blue sponge!! that confused me so much lol! Ok m8 well see you around :)

mullywully
12-12-2010, 08:12 PM
dan how could you have left such pro's as lloyd 'the great wall' gregory and tom 'meerkat' maynard without having their equipment and discussed with the world??!!! people all over brislington and caversham are itching to know the secrets of their powerful 'weapons' of mass winners!! i DEMAND answers!!!1 :P x

Dan
12-12-2010, 08:19 PM
dan how could you have left such pro's as lloyd 'the great wall' gregory and tom 'meerkat' maynard without having their equipment and discussed with the world??!!! people all over brislington and caversham are itching to know the secrets of their powerful 'weapons' of mass winners!! i DEMAND answers!!!1 :P x

HHAHA ok ill reveal the secrets for the Andy 'Backhand Destroyer of Multi Ball with the biggest grin ever' Mully...

Tom Maynard
Stiga Hybrid
Fh: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 05

Lloyd Gregory
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Tenergy 05

Andy Smith
Blade: What ever he can get his hands on :D
Fh: Probably Toms old ones or some cheeky sheets of some joola rubber!
BH: Anything, his technique is sheer class!

mullywully
12-12-2010, 08:36 PM
HHAHA ok ill reveal the secrets for the Andy 'Backhand Destroyer of Multi Ball with the biggest grin ever' Mully...

Tom Maynard
Stiga Hybrid

Lloyd Gregory
Timo Boll Spirit

Andy Smith

haha mate rumour has it, that ive been texting ma long and giving him some advice on how to sharpen up his backhand punch....he came to the right man....ive got another one to add

Kevin Satchell:

Blade: 'Excalibur' (forged in the fires of mount doom)
FH : yasaka Mark 5 still glued up from 1980 (it was that good)
BH : brand Spanking new Tenergy 05 (just for the crack)

Tom
12-12-2010, 08:39 PM

Tom Maynard
Stiga Hybrid

Lloyd Gregory
Timo Boll Spirit

Andy Smith

Thats very accurate ;)

mullywully
12-12-2010, 08:42 PM
i cant believe tom maynard has not been giving extensive coverage on table tennis daily, its outrageous!

Dan
12-12-2010, 08:45 PM
i cant believe tom maynard has not been giving extensive coverage on table tennis daily, its outrageous!

Haha I know,,, if you horses recorded your matches then there may be some matches up on TTD for the world to see!!!!

Dan
12-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Thought I would post this just for info for anyone who wanted to know.

Both the sponge AND the topsheet determine the amount of spin generated by a particular stroke. "Mechanical spin" means that the ball gets its spin from the underlying sponge and not so much from contact with the topsheet. This is typical of the European style rubbers. Surface spin means it gets it's spin from the tacky surface of the topsheet. This is typical of the Chinese style rubbers.
Sponges:
Sponges come in a variety of colours, thicknesses and characteristics. The sponge colour is not really important. The thickness is something you can choose when you purchase a particular type of rubber, although sometimes there is only one choice. The only parameter of the characteristics of the sponge used is the 'sponge hardness level’, normally expresses in degrees. These hardness levels usually range from about 30 to 50, with 50 begin the hardest. In general harder sponges are better for hitting and give a little more control. Soft sponges are better for looping and producing high speed with little effort, can produce more spin, but have less control. They are also harder to hit/smash with. This is a general guide only, since in the end the amount of spin or speed you produce depend mostly on the style of game that you play.

The choice of blade will also affect how much spin or speed you produce. In general the rubbers with softer sponges are used with ‘hard’ blades, such as the carbon/glass fiber ones, whereas the rubbers with the hard sponges are used with the ‘softer’ wooden blades. The rubber ratings of Speed, Spin and Control below, refer to the combination of both the rubber and sponge. Note that you can't really compare the rubber ratings of 2 rubbers of different manufacturers, since most manufacturers use their own ratings system. Note also that some manufacturers have changed their own ratings system in recent years, resulting in some of their old rubber being rated out, say 10, and newer rubbers rated out of 100!
Speed:
The numerical speed rating shown is an important guideline but is subjective because of the vast diversity of shots played and the variability of each player’s style. They have to be considered as subjective and variable because many players could effectively produce different playing characteristics from exactly the same rubber. It is there to assist you when selecting rubber. A rubbers final ‘speed’ performance will be determined by the player’s ability, sponge thickness and the blade choice.

Spin:
The foremost effective ‘weapon’ in table tennis. Reverse rubber types generate the maximum levels of topspin, backspin and sidespin. Rubbers with softer sponges will assist in the generation of spin while providing more feel and control. The spin rating given is also a ‘variable’ guideline and is subjective due to the wide-ranging abilities of players. The final ‘spin’ performance of rubber will be determined by the player’s technique, sponge thickness and the blade choice.
Control:
These ratings are again subjective and variable. A number of different factors such as rubber type, sponge thickness and blade used make a rubbers control factors difficult to precisely determine. Control is also related to a player’s experience, an aspect that can be improved and developed by practice.

Sponge Thickness:
This will alter the speed, spin and control ability of each rubber sheet. It is important to read the overall rubber description to understand its capabilities. In general, thicker sponges give more speed and spin, but less control.

Dude, this is incrediable! I think you summed it all up in one! Thanks!, and yeh hardness of sponge is what the players look for and what they prefer best.. :D

scylla24
12-13-2010, 02:30 AM
Yeah it was just something I found with a google search, pretty decent quick overview

saitohed
12-14-2010, 12:29 AM
thanks!!!, always wanted to know the blade of my favorite player. :)

josh4209211
12-14-2010, 05:20 AM
I have a friend who use timo boll spirit blade with stiga boost to and 729 friendship rubber, i am using the same rubber but low quality blade and there is much difference between two rackets, it's just because of blade and blade has its own importance...i think so

Elijah
01-22-2011, 01:23 AM
How Do you post a thread?

Elijah
01-22-2011, 01:24 AM
How to do post a forum?

Atomichaos
01-22-2011, 05:40 AM
Not sure, im going to watch ma long on some youtube latest videos and see what hes using :)

Anyways check out thse cool pictures of Zhang Jike!

Haha looks just like my new bat! :P

char987
01-26-2011, 07:08 PM
i think before a game they should hve like an info thing about the player like what they won, equitment, facts maybe so on would make game more commercial as well

TTOski
01-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Allan Bentsen: Stiga rosewood
FH:Stiga Calibra
BH:Stiga Calibra

billalphonso79!
01-26-2011, 09:26 PM
tenergy wins in europe and neo wins in china

billalphonso79!
01-26-2011, 09:35 PM
i just noticed that gionis who is defensive plays with an offensive blade and tenergy 05 on his forehand :confused:

Ndragon
01-27-2011, 04:05 PM
Tiago Apolonia
Korbel
T05
Genius. But what Genius? anyone know?

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4562/apoloniae.jpg

The blade next to it is Kishikawa's
Maze Off
Tenergys

Freitas
T05 FH
Genius. But again which Genius? anyone know?

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/9257/freitasp.jpg

Daemahnic
01-29-2011, 08:32 AM
Man the Tenergy range is real popular.. Guess that settles which new rubber I'll get for my new blade!

Ndragon
01-29-2011, 08:45 AM
ok I found out apolonia and freitas use regular genius

lgreggs
01-31-2011, 07:25 PM
At the English Open I saw Zhang Jike after he lost to Tomas Konecny and he got a new Micheal Maze blade and put his rubbers on the blade and then played his doubles match with it.

Ndragon
01-31-2011, 07:55 PM
Does anyone know what Tenergies Seiya Kishikawa uses? Last I saw it was T05 FH and T64 BH

binhco123
04-09-2011, 02:52 PM
thank a lot, your information is useful

jmillsy2
05-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Joo Se Hyuk
Fh:Tenergy 64
Bh:Grass d.TecS
Blade:Butterfly Diode with JSH handle I think?

Benni
06-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Wang Hao have used in the WTTC 2011 on his Backhand a Sriver, this is not a joke !
with 10 Kilo Booster probably :D:D

Abakus
06-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Ma Long (CHN)
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 Neo

Ma Long uses a Timo Boll ALC during the Shakehand vs Penhold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqAq5Bftmic

You can see it very clear at 1:12

kaikaz
06-22-2011, 01:43 PM
I saw some players have a blade but with different handle? How can you do that?

Because I got a great blade but i dont really like the handle, so i want the handle of my older blade.

Anyone can help me?

YosuaYosan
06-22-2011, 01:55 PM
@kaikaz
Pros could order custom blade so yeah, thats how they get it..
Maybe you could change the handle version of the same blade you use but it means you buy the same blade, just with a different handle..

YosuaYosan
06-22-2011, 01:56 PM
@Super Chopper
Do Joo still use DTecs up till now ?

Abakus
06-22-2011, 02:30 PM
The Butterfly page says that Joo Se Hyuk uses the Feint Long III.

YosuaYosan
06-22-2011, 02:56 PM
@Abakus
I think it is written as CUSTOM there..
Could you give me the link ?
The chopper using FL 3 is Ruweb Filus as long as I can remember
Thanks for the heads up :)

Abakus
06-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Here you are, but it's in german

http://www.butterfly.tt/tischtennis-belaege/feint-long-iii.html

"Der Langnoppenbelag von Joo Se Hyuk" means Joo Se Hyuk's long pimples rubber

YosuaYosan
06-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Ah I see.. It seems that he is trying the rubber atm.
Thanks dude :)
Here is my reference if you are interested : http://www.butterflyonline.com/Butterfly_players.asp

Abakus
06-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Well, on the german butterfly page there is also only JSH's tenergy rubber mentioned in his profile^^

I just noticed that JSH is playing FL III when looking through butterfly rubbers.

Anyway thank you for your link, really nice ;)

tayyabsaeedkhan
08-16-2011, 07:58 AM
Can anybody tell me if any professional player is using Donic Dotec Series ?

r7racer
09-23-2011, 01:02 AM
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to let you all know I made a page for Pro Table Tennis Players equipment from the info gathered through the forums at

http://www.mtagsports.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=MTAG&Screen=pros_equipment

Any suggestions, corrections, additions would be greatly appreciated.

Dan
12-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Wang Hao's rubbers

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/uploads/23703/wanghaorubber.jpg

Mr. RicharD
12-17-2011, 06:30 AM
You sure that isn't Ma Lin and Wang Hao's rubbers? He's been using Sriver with Bryce sponge if I"m not mistaken for years.

Dan
12-17-2011, 11:34 AM
You sure that isn't Ma Lin and Wang Hao's rubbers? He's been using Sriver with Bryce sponge if I"m not mistaken for years.

Im not 100% sure Rich . I found the photos from an external site, which i believe they got them from the Chinese forum. Wang Hao does use sriver and has that dust/smear in the bottom of his sriver rubber...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

WiWa
12-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Lol a sriver. That should be really boosted :)

RobinTT91
12-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Sriver for Wang Hao and Bryce Speed for Ma Lin :)

Of course they are both boosted to the death xD

RIPPER
12-17-2011, 09:36 PM
nice photos dan...if any of you guys out there want to start using hurricane or skyline, you first need to be in great shape and physically strong and fit, also what is required is a very good technique, you need good use of the shoulder and (unlike alot of europeans) not too much arm as alot of europeans just use their arm in their forehands and also you obviously need to boost the hurricane...looks like i'll be at the gym for a while getting in great shape in order to change to hurricane 3

jmillsy2
12-18-2011, 03:54 PM
@yosua and abakus
Joo DEFINETELY uses grass DTecs on bh but butterfly say he uses flIII for marketing purposes.
He defo uses Tenergy 64, yet butterfly often say he uses 05! Weird, huh?

YosuaYosan
12-18-2011, 10:36 PM
@yosua and abakus
Joo DEFINETELY uses grass DTecs on bh but butterfly say he uses flIII for marketing purposes.
He defo uses Tenergy 64, yet butterfly often say he uses 05! Weird, huh?

Yep, must be marketing. Even when Joo put his racket after a set he put the Tenergy 64 facing upwards XD

darkky_65
12-29-2011, 12:20 PM
my fave bat was samsonov's :)

RIPPER
12-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Oh Dan, WTTTC 2010 Ma Long used Orange Sponge ;)
http://tenergy05.com/sites/default/files/images/timo%20bolls%20ma%20longs%20butterfly%20table%20tennis%20blades%202010%20wtttc%20mens%20finals.jpg

Yeah bro :D But the picture i upload is recent of ma long

287 288

As far as I can work out, the orange sponge was the more original and the blue is newer and they made the blue even harder!

renben
03-25-2012, 03:25 PM
just saw from the germany-czech match that Petr Korbel seems to be using a .... Butterfly Korbel! no more ALC for him?

TTFan01
05-16-2012, 09:43 AM
Heard from one in Sweden who has Xu Hui in his club. Another player had a China rubber and his paddle broke so he ordered new ones. When he got them he tried them out and then got to try Xu's and it was a huge different.

TTFan01
05-16-2012, 09:52 AM
The difference between the blue sponge "national" rubbers and the regular orange sponge is the softness and that sort of stuff.

Coach Paul
08-27-2012, 01:09 AM
This thread is cool! Great help guys. I know many players out there are trying to find out what their Idol's are using. Although the equipment may vary depending on the date the pictures where taken and some pros might have change rubber occasionally.

Mr. RicharD
08-27-2012, 01:41 AM
Ma Long has switched to Gold Arc 3 so I know this to be true, but for the most part it does give an idea of what rubbers players like to use for their respective styles. I'd have to say that they generally can use just about anything, but mostly would need to adjust said equipment.

jmillsy2
08-27-2012, 12:33 PM
my friend was doing racket testing at olympics- he says that almost all the players use at least 1 tenergy, no matter who they are spoonsored by.
of course, there are exceptions, like samsonov and others.
Joo uses tenergy 64 and curl p1r he told me, so he definitely changed from dtecs :P

MichaelMazeGreece
12-31-2012, 01:43 PM
Hello everyone,does michael maze use timo boll spirit right now?? And what is this tape in his GRIP?

T!Christian
01-02-2013, 01:26 AM
Hello everyone,does michael maze use timo boll spirit right now?? And what is this tape in his GRIP?

Well right now, he is not using anything since he is on a medical break.
Not quite sure what he uses, not even on his website i can find a information, seems not updated frequently www.michaelmaze.dk/
A tape on a bat-handle is usually nothing special, you can get it in many sportshops. It is for people who sweat a lot on their hands and have so the risk of loosing grip and hold of your blade:)

XIII
01-02-2013, 10:14 AM
What does 'Yuto' from the Japanese Junior team use?

Alborz
09-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Anyone knows Yan An and Fan Zhendong's equipment?

Kaizoku
11-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Very nice thread, though it need certain updates. (Due 2010? And last message from 2013.. trololo) Allso there should be a "former equipment" And "current" category.
I noticed the "Pros Equipment" topic, but I think adding all summarized to one post would be perfect to have Aswell.
Anyhow, on phone atm, but will add some.

Xu xin
Blade: STIGA Intensity NCT
BH rubber: Stiga Calibra LT

J. M. Saive
blade: Stiga Clipper Wooden
Fh rubber: Calibra LT
Bh rubber: Calibra LT

Fan Zhendong
Stiga Infinitiv Vps
Fh rubber: Hurricane 3
Bh rubber: Stiga Calibra Tour M

Will update more later...

mahomedy13
11-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Very nice thread, though it need certain updates. (Due 2010? And last message from 2013.. trololo) Allso there should be a "former equipment" And "current" category.
I noticed the "Pros Equipment" topic, but I think adding all summarized to one post would be perfect to have Aswell.

Xu xin

J. M. Saive

Fan Zhendong
Stiga Infinitiv Vps

I know you are trying to be helpful,but some of your info is wrong.for e.g. xx's bh rubber and Fzd bh rubber and blade.

Kaizoku
11-09-2014, 10:59 AM
I know you are trying to be helpful,but some of your info is wrong.for e.g. xx's bh rubber and Fzd bh rubber and blade.
This seemed so official though... (Cant send links yet, but..)
stigatabletennis dot com/en/players/xu-xin-chn/
Both Fzd and Xu Xin were claimed to have that both there and on tabletennista dot com
as two sources said the same, I took it for granted. How do you know for sure?

mahomedy13
11-09-2014, 11:14 AM
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9051-Xu-xin-amp-Zhang-Jike-s-blades-Chinese-National-Championships-2014&p=96724#post96724

Kaizoku
11-09-2014, 11:33 AM
No possibility he changed? why does those pages have the wrong info then.. (I'm fairly New to this btw, so by all means)
I don't doubth it could be like that, but based on what info do they know this, asked in person, or?

mahomedy13
11-09-2014, 11:52 AM
the sponsor has to say the player uses their stuff...it wouldnt be right otherwise.

raazzz
11-09-2014, 05:06 PM

Xu xin

J. M. Saive

Fan Zhendong
Stiga Infinitiv Vps

Will someone of these players change to Airoc? Calibra is surely an amazing rubber but I thought many of the pros would do the change..

Kaizoku
11-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Will someone of these players change to Airoc? Calibra is surely an amazing rubber but I thought many of the pros would do the change..

Well, according to other sources they are not even using Stiga rubber for the bh atm. Although I'm not entirely convinced yet.

With that said, Airoc looks good though without trying Airoc or Calibra, I really won't be able to say much over it.
But, the thing is, when you change a rubber, it needs to be in favour of your game. More spin/speed=good? In most cases yes, but not always.
I'd like to compare it to Tenergy, you see, 05 has amazing spin yet not so fast, 64 amazing speed yet not so spinny. Meanwhile Tenergy is the best of both worlds holding the spin of 05 and speed of 64. (or so the rumors say?) aswell as same throw angle as 64. So changing to 80 would assumingly be a thing most 05 or 64 users should do, so why not? Rest would be pure speculation, and would probably have twisted opinions. Some might just prefer to stick to their current, those with 05 might think 80 has too much speed for their game, the 64 users might feel the reaction to spinny serves or the uncontrolled is too big?
I honestly don't know. And is far from educated on the topic lol. would be an interesting question to ask players in interviews.
"what would it take for you to change parts of your equipment? (apart from in sponsor deals) and why would you in which case not change to a rubber with both better speed and spin?" I would asume they won't because they are perfectly happy with their current equipment.

I've allso heard Intermediate players have a much larger focus on finding "their type of equipment", than advanced players. (some never get past intermediate level though ahuehue)
When you get past the intermediate level and over to advanced you've probably already setled down with a rubber and a blade and are comfortable with it.
With that said alot of the top players certainly do change equipment from time to time, though I bet they try several before they decide on changing because of some superb thing they liked with the new product. In terms of Tenergy 80, Jun Mizutani did change his backhand to this! (he used to have both according to forum)
Why he changed? or why he did not change both sides? I would love to ask him.

Hope this helped to get a insight to some degree!

Edit: Actually I found out Jun Mizutani said why here, http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?4424-Jun-Mizutani-tests-Tenergy-80-(VIDEO)

Killerspintt
11-10-2014, 04:26 PM

Airocs don't react good with booster (basically no reactions at all......), i think this is the main reason why Airoc is not used at pro stage.

raazzz
11-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Airocs don't react good with booster (basically no reactions at all......), i think this is the main reason why Airoc is not used at pro stage.

I think booster works great on Airoc M, but of course I'm not a pro :(

rajd1234
11-11-2014, 04:52 PM
What backhand rubber was used by Ma Long, ZJK and other CNT players before the Tenergy era?

mahomedy13
11-11-2014, 05:00 PM
What backhand rubber was used by Ma Long, ZJK and other CNT players before the Tenergy era?

Good question.i think maybe they used brice,mark v or sriver with speed glue.

jedimasterplk
11-11-2014, 05:00 PM
I know that G.Vlasov uses innerforce ZLF - changed from Korbel

raazzz
11-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Good question.i think maybe they used brice,mark v or sriver with speed glue.

Brice and Sriver really makes me miss the old speed glue days..

TT-Chris
02-25-2015, 05:56 AM
What equipment is Li Xiaoxia using atm? I think she was using Stiga Ebenholz Nct V at Kuwait Open. I saw a lot chinese females using it. Ding Ning and Guo yue are playing this blade too. Which rubbers do they use?

Cornel
02-25-2015, 08:37 AM
Dan, I think Ovtcharov is using now an Ovtcharov Original Senso, not a waldner senso

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7028&stc=1&d=1424632748

tomkei
02-25-2015, 09:04 AM
and there is no number. at least i cant see :)

Cornel
02-25-2015, 10:49 AM
and there is no number. at least i cant see :)

Yes, this photo was originally used by 'underlaydisk' in the "Professional Tenergy" thread, saying that this may be a "pro custom" Tenergy. I knew Ovtcharov has recently changed to a Ovtcharov Original Senso, but I needed a photo to prove it and couldn't find it elsewhere. Thank you, underlaydisk, for this photo!

TT-Chris
02-25-2015, 11:41 AM
Another try :)

What equipment is Li Xiaoxia using atm? I think she was using Stiga Ebenholz Nct V at Kuwait Open. I saw a lot chinese females using it. Ding Ning and Guo Yue are playing this blade too. Which rubbers do they use?

TurboZ
02-25-2015, 10:12 PM
Another try :)

What equipment is Li Xiaoxia using atm? I think she was using Stiga Ebenholz Nct V at Kuwait Open. I saw a lot chinese females using it. Ding Ning and Guo Yue are playing this blade too. Which rubbers do they use?

Looks like the same old EB5 in the recent Kuwait Open. Ding Ning was spot using H8 before, not sure if LXX has follow. Their sponge has the same yellowish look.

TurboZ
02-25-2015, 10:23 PM
Yes, this photo was originally used by 'underlaydisk' in the "Professional Tenergy" thread, saying that this may be a "pro custom" Tenergy. I knew Ovtcharov has recently changed to a Ovtcharov Original Senso, but I needed a photo to prove it and couldn't find it elsewhere. Thank you, underlaydisk, for this photo!

That photo is too blurry to show the print but it is indeed Tenergy 05. His new blade has the handle of Ovtcharov Original Senso Carbon but not the same structure. It has 2 red plys like the Baum Carrera Senso instead. He start using it in last year's World Tour Grand Final.

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7066&stc=1

Naing Lin
10-25-2015, 04:15 AM
Does anyone know wht ma long is using atm?

el gato
12-08-2015, 10:26 AM
Does anyone know what tenergy kristian karson use in backhand?

Anders
12-08-2015, 11:43 AM

No, but I'd presume Tenergy 64, since that has been a popular combo in Sweden: T05 forehand and T64 backhand.. But yeah, i've been curious what equipment Kristian Karlsson uses now as he is a Butterfly player too! :)

Guybrush123
12-08-2015, 03:07 PM

Never seen Kristian Karlsson using Tenergy. But now he does! He played with Stiga Clipper Wood and Calibra on both sides for a looong time!. I have been handing him his equipment in the practise hall a few times, when Stiga posts his sponsored material to the office...
I will ask him!

Giangt
12-08-2015, 09:06 PM
He uses Butterfly SK7 with T05 :)

Selimsaim
06-21-2016, 01:03 AM
Does anyone know what Miu Hiranos blade and fh/be are for 2016? I have been watching her lately and I think she will be pretty good. I have tried to find photos. I read it is a stiga clipper wood.. (tho also read her favorite blade is the stiga allround evolution.. the picture I found has black writing instead of red where it should say wood or evolution. But those blades have red writing, but it's also blurry could be red? (youtube pause photo) also in that photo I have seen a code for the butterfly that she uses t05 for fh. So I'm 99% sure on the fh. Anyone else know anything? Thanks

williamlimpo
06-21-2016, 01:17 PM
Di anyone know what did Joo Se Hyuk use ? what long pimple rubber?

Da Baobei
06-21-2016, 05:23 PM
Should be Clipper with T05 on both sides. She used the Allround Evolution before she made the change to Clipper. I think she played with a TSP Reflex Award OFF when she was even younger.

Does anyone know what Miu Hiranos blade and fh/be are for 2016? I have been watching her lately and I think she will be pretty good. I have tried to find photos. I read it is a stiga clipper wood.. (tho also read her favorite blade is the stiga allround evolution.. the picture I found has black writing instead of red where it should say wood or evolution. But those blades have red writing, but it's also blurry could be red? (youtube pause photo) also in that photo I have seen a code for the butterfly that she uses t05 for fh. So I'm 99% sure on the fh. Anyone else know anything? Thanks

Ahmad Arnous
06-26-2016, 09:31 PM
Kenta matsudaira :
Bty matsudaira ALC
Tenergy 05 on both side

Ahmad Arnous
07-14-2016, 01:31 PM
Does any one know what par gerell use ?

Nilsragnar
07-14-2016, 02:19 PM
Last time I saw him he was using the Carbonado 190. I don't know what rubbers.

VicVoc32
08-11-2016, 08:30 AM
Which racket did Li Xiao Xio use in the olympics? Rubber and blade? Any pictures? :)

amber.kulkarni89
08-11-2016, 09:55 AM
Saw the Olympics gold medal match...could not see any blue sponge rubbers...have they switched to tenergy's. Or dhs orange sponge ? Any ideas ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Odbytolog
08-11-2016, 11:07 AM

VicVoc32
08-11-2016, 11:35 AM
Thank you for the good pics!

Selimsaim
10-23-2016, 03:23 AM
Should be Clipper with T05 on both sides. She used the Allround Evolution before she made the change to Clipper. I think she played with a TSP Reflex Award OFF when she was even younger.

Thanks. Any idea on sponge thickness? It looks pretty thick. Thanks

Xanderngzien
03-05-2017, 11:57 AM
What does gao ning use

ZJK Freak
10-22-2017, 07:51 PM
Hi, as the World Cup is finished, I would like to ask if any of you have been able to get some screenshots of the rackets. I saw some close-up footage but couldn‘t capture it.

Fabian
11-02-2017, 09:02 AM
So it looks like Fan Zhendong has been trying out new blades in the Super League. Fang Bo 2 and Stiga Carbonado but on one picture he also has his Viscaria/Infinity Mashup in his hands. Maybe it's just that his racket did not pass the racket test and he tried the blades of his teammates and settled for the Fang Bo (used in match, he won 3-0)

SFF_lib
11-02-2017, 11:38 AM
So it looks like Fan Zhendong has been trying out new blades in the Super League. Fang Bo 2 and Stiga Carbonado but on one picture he also has his Viscaria/Infinity Mashup in his hands. Maybe it's just that his racket did not pass the racket test and he tried the blades of his teammates and settled for the Fang Bo (used in match, he won 3-0)

14547145481454914550145511455214553Good capture. It looks like a FB2 and one of the Carbonado *90. Given his style I guess it makes sense using stiff blades witb little flex and low arc.

Passionate about TT

JST
11-12-2017, 02:39 PM
FZD definitely plaid with blade having DHS Fang Bo II handle on German Open 2017 this week (and as he seems to be still sponsored by Stiga it's illogical why he would put DHS handle on Stiga blade so it most probably was genuine FB2).

Fabian
11-12-2017, 03:19 PM
I wonder if China forces the CNT to use Chinese stuff now? I mean, with the blade maybe he wants to try something out. But I also think he used H3 on the backhand. And the CNT used new shoes (except ZJK) by Li Ning.
China does not want Japanese men to play in the super league and now suddenly the CNT stops using Butterfly and Mizuno stuff, weird coincidence?!

RidTheKid
11-12-2017, 03:35 PM
I don't think it's a coincidence. Xu Xin needed more pop in his shots so switched to a DHS carbon blade as well.

I wonder if China forces the CNT to use Chinese stuff now? I mean, with the blade maybe he wants to try something out. But I also think he used H3 on the backhand. And the CNT used new shoes (except ZJK) by Li Ning.
China does not want Japanese men to play in the super league and now suddenly the CNT stops using Butterfly and Mizuno stuff, weird coincidence?!

Chang
11-12-2017, 04:02 PM
Here is the photo of Zhang Jike´s bat. To me it´s Tenergy on fh.

Suga D
11-12-2017, 09:59 PM
Here is the photo of Zhang Jike´s bat. To me it´s Tenergy on fh.

I'm seriously asking myself what could be the motivation behind this.

a) the new ball (most likely IMHO)

b) DHS forcing players to use all of their equipment or none? (maybe also reason for FZD and XX blade change and Zhou Yu's new mysterious red fh rubber?)

c) Butterfly forcing players to use all of their equipment or none?

Not very typical at all changing equipment before competition

Tony's Table Tennis
11-12-2017, 10:10 PM
I don't buy the fact that CNT stop using Japanese brands.
Super League and Japanese players is one thing (just like how once Chuan was banned in China too)
Quite a few guys are still using Butterfly rubbers and Yasaka rubbers (Japanese brands)

IMO, these brands are just more hungry and getting stars to use they brands.
From EJ point of view, this is year 1 of olympic cycle - good time to mess around.

hell_sukar66
11-18-2017, 11:00 AM
Hello, i play table tenis , Style penhold, but i use a blade with long handle , îs a problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suga D
11-18-2017, 12:11 PM
Hello, i play table tenis , Style penhold, but i use a blade with long handle , îs a problem?

Sent from myPhone using Tapatalk

Hayell yeah, that's a effing HUGE problem and the goon squad's gonna arrest you for doing that PLUS will seize your blade to prevent you from further crime. So run and hide as quick as you can.

[Emoji6]

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Two things since you seem to be new to this forum:

One) it's not considered as very polite to jump on a random thread and derail its topic, so if you can't find a thread where your question fits just open a new one.
There are some very polite and helpful penhold players on this forum, so I'm pretty sure your questions will be answered.

Second) welcome to the forum. Hope you have a good time while here.
[Emoji2]

And yes, of course it's not a problem to use a shakehand handle and play penhold with it. But if you want to go beyond playground ping pong and get more seriously you should consider getting and using a penhold blade. There is a reason why people make them...
[Emoji6]

Back to topic:
Xu Xin's spin based game seems to be hurt badly from these “spinless“ balls.
Wonder if he stays with his current blade.

RidTheKid
11-18-2017, 03:28 PM
Fang Bo is using a Viscaria in his Swedish Open QF, weird.

Suga D
11-18-2017, 04:39 PM

Maybe him and Fan Zhendong swapped blades.
[Emoji2]

RidTheKid
11-18-2017, 04:41 PM
Yes maybe Fzd liked it too much and didn't give it back :)

Maybe him and Fan Zhendong swapped blades.
[Emoji2]

Fabian
11-18-2017, 04:54 PM
This is really weird :D

Giangt
11-18-2017, 07:07 PM
Fang Bo was using Viscaria at the latest round CTTSL as well. He was also using the Viscaria blade before he became a Ma Long fan boy. ;)
Nothing weird there.

RidTheKid
11-18-2017, 07:17 PM
He got his own blade from DHS and STILL went back to Viscaria, that is weird :p

Fang Bo was using Viscaria at the latest round CTTSL as well. He was also using the Viscaria blade before he became a Ma Long fan boy. ;)
Nothing weird there.

Giangt
11-18-2017, 07:28 PM
He got his own blade from DHS and STILL went back to Viscaria, that is weird :pWell they (DHS) couldn't provide Fang Bo with a Viscaria. So again nothing weird there at all. ;)

StehTischtennis
11-18-2017, 07:32 PM
He got his own blade from DHS and STILL went back to Viscaria, that is weird :p

At least his own handles ;)

By which I mean that he and FZD use(ed) the DHS Fang Bo handles on a W968 blade.

RidTheKid
11-18-2017, 07:32 PM
True but the DHS K161 then? ;)

Well they (DHS) couldn't provide Fang Bo with a Viscaria. So again nothing weird there at all. ;)

Giangt
11-18-2017, 07:35 PM
True but the DHS K161 then? ;)
Yeah maybe he didn't like it due to the outer Limba.

Alexwang
01-03-2019, 02:06 AM
ma long is currently using w968 blades with 41.5 degree h3 fhand 37 degree h3 bh.

wang hao was using n656 blade with a bh of sriver topsheet and bryce sponge;

zhang jike is even more crazy, who use 42 degree h3 rubber.

Alexwang
01-03-2019, 02:11 AM

xuxin is using h3 37degree on bh