Interview with Werner Schlager!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
haha awesome interview, he really gets into some great detail and gives a lot of interesting insight.

I love when he says Austria, and Europe need more Schlagers.... haha

I do agree with his statement about who has the most technical skills though. Ma Lin's style has a level of spin that no one else in the game can even compare to.
It's too bad that in the future there probably won't be any players like him, penholders will be more like Wang Hao instead of Ma Lin. It's a pitty because Ma Lin probably has the most amazing and versatile forehand of any player in maybe history.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
great interview it was plesure to listen to it:)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
"i trained hard in the army"...what kind of army is this?

Thats what I wondered lool! I think back in the day, there were teams or the army use to practice table tennis... but im not to sure.. maybe someone can answer this please :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I think in Austrian there's a conscription where everyone has to go in the army for a bit.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I wish I could get more information about the "mental training"

To be honest Kino,, i think Mental training,, is just understanding yourself and believing in yourself... once you belief in yourself,, think about your good moments in TT... then when you come to the table you need to focus on what you have to do to win.. nothing else at that moment except what your going to do for that point...

Maintain good focus for the whole duration of the match... this is mental strength. Believe, achieve!

There are DVDs you can get, to help you practice channel tunnelling/ focussing ect, which makes you have the ability to switch mind sets and to stay cool under pressure to bring your best performance at all the points you play

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
To be honest Kino,, i think Mental training,, is just understanding yourself and believing in yourself... once you belief in yourself,, think about your good moments in TT... then when you come to the table you need to focus on what you have to do to win.. nothing else at that moment except what your going to do for that point...

Maintain good focus for the whole duration of the match... this is mental strength. Believe, achieve!

There are DVDs you can get, to help you practice channel tunnelling/ focussing ect, which makes you have the ability to switch mind sets and to stay cool under pressure to bring your best performance at all the points you play

I have a serious problem: I cannot focus in just ONE thing.
My attention is dispersed. Because of that I can't even get a job in some companies!!!

Fortunately, because of that I can concentrate in more than one details like, footwork, my opponents position and even the game next table :(

Does anyone have this problem?

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I have a serious problem: I cannot focus in just ONE thing.
My attention is dispersed. Because of that I can't even get a job in some companies!!!

Fortunately, because of that I can concentrate in more than one details like, footwork, my opponents position and even the game next table :(

Does anyone have this problem?

Mate, to be honest.. i have that exact same problem! At work i struggle to keep focus to! you have to find a way,,,,

I know what you mean,,, people say ahh your lazy,,, its not being lazy just you like to think a lot so you go of track... but during compeition and TT when you have that bat in your hand think about yourself more :D. The one who can really improve you in TT is yourself

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Haha I love the way he just drops hit bat after winning the point at the start of the first video.