PDA

View Full Version : Shoes for wide feet

EsoXLucius
08-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Hi guys

I`m in need for a par of new shoes, my problem is my wide feet and high arc.
Recently i found a pair that was comfortable Prince NFS Indoor V. (squash shoes)
http://www.thumpsports.co.nz/prince-nfs-indoor-v-shoe/

Unfortunately there was only size 41 last pair ,and i need one size bigger since my feet
gets swollen up after some matches :(.

I tried alot of ordinary TT shoes from differnent brands and always must send them back to
supplier.

Can you recomend me some shoes or brand to look into?

virtuososiu
08-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Hi there

U can try the crosstrainner from the main brands, like asics, addidas,NB, etc. Some of them are quite wide, and they have size for width. Myself, i have flat feet problem, need to use custom insert, and Asics GEL-496TR, in 2E, is wide enough for me. They were recommened by my physio.

virtuososiu
08-05-2012, 04:38 PM
(for some reasome it won't let me edit....stupid IE)
Most importantly, these kinda crosstrainner shoes provide very good support.

EsoXLucius
08-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Man so many modells to choose from ,crosstrainer shoes you say?
As i am an heavy player i need stable shoes with good damping :)
I dont even know what crosstrain is :) ,volleyball shoes seems to work fine with TT also.

I found an website with some differnet brands Asics and Adidas etc ,but there was no option to order extra widht 2E.
Perhaps mostly companies has standard sizes in stock and have to order directly from producer.

Hopefully i can find a good model soon, i had a three hour long training today an my bigtoe nail is blue and hurting as hell.
Thx bud for trying help me out

virtuososiu
08-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Crosstrainers are designed for , well, a bit of everything, as u can tell from the name. I was choosing very carefully too, looked at volleyball/tennis/badminton shoes. But, for Asics, they have this different designs, where some are for 20%running & 80% lateral movement, and some the other way around. The model i chose, with the guide of my physio, was the kind designed for 80%lateral & 20% running, since we often move side way rather than backward & forward.
I dont usually speak on the forum unless i know what im saying ;)

EsoXLucius
08-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Ok thanks for the info :) , I will contact asics asap and see what model they can recommend for TT.

Yes it seems like a good choice choosing that model for sideways movement, I mean if your opponent can do stopballs you're just not
looping hard enough..:)

yang_fan
08-12-2012, 12:47 AM
try yonex badminton shoes. its what i use and i have size 46 wide feet. Very nice for me.

richard_baker
08-04-2019, 09:40 PM
Hey I am new here and I am also looking for tennis shoes for wide feet. Let me know if you know about any. BTW I also read some good reviews about fila's energized shoes for wide feet.

yogi_bear
08-05-2019, 02:16 AM
Stiga Liner 2 comes to mind.

Flatstyk
08-05-2019, 03:56 AM
Eltelon Men's NFS racquetball shoes are on the same last as the Prince NFS squash shoes. I have had two or three pair with good results.

HRADAK
08-05-2019, 12:53 PM
switching to Stiga Liner 2 a couple of months ago solved the issue for me. just keep in mind they run a bit small, so order one size up: I'm typically a size EU 42 and ordered 43 that fits perfectly. They're priced quite fairly on TT11

yogi_bear
08-05-2019, 01:07 PM
Is it true that Europeans have longer but narrower feet in general?

langel
08-05-2019, 02:12 PM
Mizuno Wave Kaiserburg 5 is designed for wide feet.

Shifu
08-05-2019, 02:14 PM
You guys do realize that you reply to a bot asking for TENNIS shoes? :P

UpSideDownCarl
07-19-2020, 08:27 PM
You guys do realize that you reply to a bot asking for TENNIS shoes? :P

Thank you Fabian. I was reading and wondering how come people cannot piece this info together or that this thread that is being responded to is from 2012!!!

It is nice to see that some people read and pay attention. :)

zaw thwe
07-20-2020, 09:22 AM
Hey yang fan can we use badminton shoe in table tennis? I see and like Yonex all england 10. But i m not sure be good to use badminton shoe.i see badminton shoes are cheap and good quality than table tennis shoes.are u okay to use badminton shoes?

zaw thwe
07-20-2020, 09:25 AM
try yonex badminton shoes. its what i use and i have size 46 wide feet. Very nice for me.

Hey yang fan can we use badminton shoe in table tennis? I see and like Yonex all england 10. But i m not sure be good to use badminton shoe.i see badminton shoes are cheap and good quality than table tennis shoes.are u okay to use badminton shoes?

Jenny777
01-14-2021, 09:02 PM
You can use any shoes that are good for you, and if badminton shoes work, why not.

JNicholas
01-15-2021, 05:55 AM
Well, I have too wide feet. :)
I'm wearing Adidas TT10.
You might also try volleyball shoes. The construction is very similar with TT shoes. And are far more good looking! ;)

darkmoor1
01-15-2021, 07:31 AM
Badminton shoes usually offer more support than table tennis shoes, and they are more suitable for you if you are on a heavier side. All brands offer shoe models that are good for wider feet, you just need to try different ones and figure out which one fits you best

brokenball
01-16-2021, 04:00 AM
I have had good luck with Adidas Sambas. They are supposedly indoor soccer shoes. I usually wear D width shoes.

IB66
01-16-2021, 04:25 AM
I have a pr of Yonex 65zm, good Badminton shoe, one of Yonex’s mid range shoes, good grip and fine for TT, also have a pr of Mizuno wave something !! ( at my parents house, that’s why I can’t tell you the exact model) These are also nice for wider feet, they are ‘in storage’ waiting for the Yonex to wear out !!

KarlP4001
01-17-2021, 04:55 AM
Hi, I have really wide feet and found that the Tibhar Mesh Flexlight fit me very well.