Going Cheepo, the Hurricane way ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Fed up with this bloody expensive Butterfly stuff. Last season trashed my Tenergy 05, so bad it had to be replaced. It happened going for a short ball, hitting the corner of the table. :p**** happens.
Three months later during a training match going for a lucky net ball of my opponent. Crash into the table, ripped my new TN05-FX rubber over a length of 5 cm's. :mad: :mad: Gone in 0 seconds !!!
I've had it, not going to pay another 65 euros for a single sheet. Google, google, reading, sniffing through all the tabletennis sites, result going cheepo !

Now for the price of 1 Butterfly rubber, which are by the way excellent, I now have a blade en 2 rubbers.
Blade is the infamous 729 Bomb, rubbbers : the DHS Neo Hurricane 3.

First training tonight. Will it work for me or not. that's the question.

To Be Continued...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I own a 729 Bomb, a very good offensive wood blade, the best price for the capability it allows. I believe it is at par with the Clipper. The H3 Neo should do well with the Bomb on both FH and BH. Of course these are just my thoughts

I'm waiting how your setup goes

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
H3 Neo commercial varies, but for the most part it's softer and has a tacky topsheet than the provincial or national versions. If you are going to try H3 on the forehand I recommend trying LKT Pro XP on the BH. It's a fantastic BH rubber that when boosted is actually really great for both offensive and defensive shots.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
thats the same set up as my second setup....i really liked that setup...though i was never able to afford tenergy thats why i started with that hahaha i had no problems using hurricane 3 neo on both sides but i did more research and got my V14 Carbokev blade (said to be tbs clone) and i stuck with Skyline 3 neo on my FH and searched for Tenergy clone and a few people recommended sanwei t88-i which i am using now...i cant compare it with tenergy because i have never had tenergy although my fellow varsities at school use it...i have yet to try it...but i am satisfied with the sanwei t88-i and i think i will stick with this setup for the rest of my life :)) ofcourse unless i get a job after i graduate then i can afford those more expensive gears :)))

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Ha, what a splendid surprise. First try of a complete new setup and rather fast having the feeling that it is working for me.
OK, the blade. I took a straight handle as I read on several forums that the anatomic was rather thin. It was a little rough on the edges when I received it but nothing a light sandpaper (800) couldn't handle.
The rubbers... whoo tackiest I ever had. Glueing the thing together was done in a zip. Result : hmm, rather top heavy blade.

Started to train against my favorite trainingspartner : a Chen Weixing type of defender and after a short while I got the hang of the blade. Nice, gonna stick with it.
This is all personal impressions, so this could well not work at all for somebody else.
Compared to the my previous setup (Tenergy 05 Fx and Xiom Vega Europe on a Waldner Senso Carb).
- by all means better than the Xiom which was a disappointment from the start. Spinnier, faster and the same amount of control. Maybe the Xiom was a little too hard for my backhand ? The Hurricane is rather sensitive on balls with great spin. So when a lot of spin is coming in -> prepare (maybe beware). On the other hand enough control on the short serves and you can push the nastiness back. Deeply pushed balls require some caution as the Hurricane is not much forgiven. Make sure you hit the ball right or it will float to outer space...
- compared to the tenergy 05 fx on my forehand. The Hurricane is as spinny, again quite some control, yet it lacks a little punch. Where I could go for a winner on the third ball attack, the Hurricane is "nicer". More control, means less mistakes but that third ball mega swing is weaker than before. You know the feeling of total humiliation : You serve, the opponent misjudges your serve a little and returns a little too high or too deep and you go for this all out killer loop. Afterwards the opponent can only turn around and go searching for the ball he never saw passing by... That seems to happen less with the Hurricane. Maybe some extra training ? Smashing is .... is weird. It took me some time to get the hang of it with the Tenergy and now the Hurricane seems to need again a lot of training. The hurricane is not forgiving much misjudgement. In general : if your position is not ok, your timing is nok, whop outer space again.

Think, use your technique and it works real good (for me).

Last point : at the club everybody goes like : hey cheapo, see you in the store in a few months. Reading about the Hurricane (or DHS in general), points out that these rubbers don't have a long life. OK, in my case Tenergy's don't last long either with all these edges on a table. Will come back on this one in a few months :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Last point : at the club everybody goes like : hey cheapo, see you in the store in a few months. Reading about the Hurricane (or DHS in general), points out that these rubbers don't have a long life. OK, in my case Tenergy's don't last long either with all these edges on a table. Will come back on this one in a few months :)

when i first bought my hurricane 3 neo i used it for 4 months then i switched to skyline and i gave my hurricane to my dad because he said it would be a waste....so basically the hurricane is 13 months now but he still uses it haha all it needs is a quick rub with water every now and then :)