virtuososiu
08-07-2012, 08:01 AM
i just happen to be watching them for the first time lol
into the 2nd one now.

YosuaYosan
08-07-2012, 09:05 AM
The Green Mile is sad :(
Shawnshank Redemption is awesome!

Both are my favorite which I remember atm..

chughtai
08-07-2012, 10:42 AM
oceans 11 was awesome

yurybarquero
08-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Gladiator is one of my favorite movies.

EsoXLucius
08-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Ooh so many good movies to choose from, but Braveheart is one of my fav.
Classic Scarface is a badass movie also, LOTR is very good and my kids love them.

Hmm Alien and the great first three StarWars is Classics

YosuaYosan
08-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Big Fish is awesome too..

EsoXLucius
08-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Aah of course the biggest and most scaryest fish ever!
JAWS!

ziki
08-16-2012, 09:01 PM
I'd say Kubrick's Clockwork Orange :)

azlan
08-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Magnificent Seven, 2001 Space Odyssey, Texas Chainsaw Massacre(Original).

Fabian
09-15-2018, 01:54 PM
Forrest Gump =)

UpSideDownCarl
09-15-2018, 02:17 PM
I guess, one of the entertaining things about seeing a thread that was started 6 years ago and has been dead for 4 years is, seeing and remembering the members who were around back then and wondering what may have happened to them.

But why on earth would someone necromance this thread? :)

The Green Mile

donaldgunde, I want some answers. Why? Why are you making all those posts about music and movies on a TT site? Or are you simply a bot?

Jimbob MacInbred
09-15-2018, 02:28 PM
I guess, one of the entertaining things about seeing a thread that was started 6 years ago and has been dead for 4 years is, seeing and remembering the members who were around back then and wondering what may have happened to them.

But why on earth would someone necromance this thread? :)

Someone? Well, it was revived by donaldgunde, who/which is a bot/spammer. Don't know why they occasionally pick yearold threads...
Anyway, I vote for Leon - The Professional. Highly recommended. Jean Reno, Natalie Portman, Gary Oldman...and Carl: It plays in New York City...:)

Edit: Just saw that you're already onto him/it...

UpSideDownCarl
09-15-2018, 02:41 PM
Someone? Well, it was revived by donaldgunde, who/which is a bot/spammer. Don't know why they occasionally pick yearold threads...
Anyway, I vote for Leon - The Professional. Highly recommended. Jean Reno, Natalie Portman, Gary Oldman...and Carl: It plays in New York City...:)

Edit: Just saw that you're already onto him/it...

The thing is, one of his his posts had been edited. Or I would have deleted them all already. I have never seen a bot that wrote a post and then edited it.

Jimbob MacInbred
09-15-2018, 02:48 PM
The thing is, one of his his posts had been edited. Or I would have deleted them all already. I have never seen a bot that wrote a post and then edited it.

That'd be indeed a little odd for a regular bot. But still, his intentions are pretty obvious. You are very polite and lenient, I have to say. As a mod I would have deleted every one of his posts and his account no questions asked...

pgpg
09-15-2018, 02:52 PM
Might not be a bot, but a real human who tries to get post count to 5 to gain link-posting privileges. Could still be a spammer in the end, though.

UpSideDownCarl
09-15-2018, 02:53 PM
That'd be indeed a little odd for a regular bot. But still, his intentions are pretty obvious. You are very polite and lenient, I have to say. As a mod I would have deleted every one of his posts and his account no questions asked...

He actually responded to my question in a the other thread. But Dan beat me to deleting and deleted everything from him.

It is more that I actually like to play with my food like a cat.

Do you remember what I did to Burnt Man before I banned him? I spent 12 hours simply deleting every post he made as he was accusing me of censoring him and being unfair and didn't seem to realize he was already banned but I kind of figured, since he had tortured the forum for so many months, I might as well get him good and riled up before I pulled the plug.

I wanted to read that reply and see if I could play with this guy. :) I am not in a rush to ban a human I know I am going to ban. :)

UpSideDownCarl
09-15-2018, 03:01 PM
Might not be a bot, but a real human who tries to get post count to 5 to gain link-posting privileges. Could still be a spammer in the end, though.

That is indeed what it was.

Jimbob MacInbred
09-15-2018, 03:02 PM
He actually responded to my question in a the other thread. But Dan beat me to deleting and deleted everything from him.

It is more that I actually like to play with my food like a cat.

Do you remember what I did to Burnt Man before I banned him? I spent 12 hours simply deleting every post he made as he was accusing me of censoring him and being unfair and didn't seem to realize he was already banned but I kind of figured, since he had tortured the forum for so many months, I might as well get him good and riled up before I pulled the plug.

I wanted to read that reply and see if I could play with this guy. :) I am not in a rush to ban a human I know I am going to ban. :)

Man, you are one cunning (and patient) mod...;)

UpSideDownCarl
09-15-2018, 03:15 PM
Man, you are one cunning (and patient) mod...;)

Now, Dan, on the other hand....:) hahaha. No nonsense.

But I really did get a kick out of causing that old guy's blood pressure to rise. Every time he would post a long tirade about fairness and how I was censoring his opinions, I would wait a bit so that, at least some people saw it. Then delete and write a post about how nice it was that the forum had been so calm and quite that day. :)

phorkyas
09-15-2018, 03:51 PM
If it were about TT in movies. But is there actually any good? Ball of fury might be some trash fun, but haven't watched yet.

(As for the fav movies I'd still go with American Beauty)

Sent from my ZTE Grand S II LTE using Tapatalk

UWD!
09-17-2018, 05:48 PM
Nacho Libre!!!

killiegradge
09-17-2018, 06:55 PM
Balls of Fury

Simas
09-19-2018, 11:15 AM
If it were about TT in movies. But is there actually any good? Ball of fury might be some trash fun, but haven't watched yet.

(As for the fav movies I'd still go with American Beauty)

well, Forest Gump has some "impressive" TT in it :)

phorkyas
09-19-2018, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I know. And if I remember correctly he's also playing with no spin at all. Seems all film makers focus on smashing and speed, but none of them actually has any grasp of spin in TT. (But I'll probably still watch balls of fury some day anyway just for the lulz)

well, Forest Gump has some "impressive" TT in it :)

killiegradge
09-19-2018, 09:16 PM
I all seriousness there are two wonderful films on Vimeo about table tennis.
The Tables tells the story of table tennis in Bryant Park NYC.
Believe That is the story of a Downs Syndrome table tennis team and is quite magnificent.
both are must watch for table tennis players and human beings.

yogi_bear
09-20-2018, 07:44 AM
Captain America:Winter Soldier and Angers:Infinity War

zzzuppp
09-20-2018, 11:06 PM
Best TT films:

The Tables (as Killiegradge mentions) - great little short about real TT enthusiasts
Ping Pong (Japanese feature film)
As One (about United Korea at the 1991 Worlds)
Bragden ('The Feat' about the great Swedish team in 1989) OK, it's a documentary.

Otherwise I like Arthouse films; at the moment heavily into classic Japanese New Wave - Teshigahara/Shinoda/Kobayashi etc.

Simas
09-22-2018, 07:32 PM
Yeah, I know. And if I remember correctly he's also playing with no spin at all. Seems all film makers focus on smashing and speed, but none of them actually has any grasp of spin in TT. (But I'll probably still watch balls of fury some day anyway just for the lulz)

never even paid attention if they are spinning or hitting. Must have been watching on autopilot. When someday will be rewatching it, I think I will definitely pay more attention to this part