New Setup

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Hey guys,

I'm looking to alter my setup quite drastically over the next few weeks. The aim is to make sure my bat is playing to my strengths. Here's my current setup for you all to get an idea of what I'm dealing with currently:

Blade
Stiga All-Round Classic
Speed: 7.5
Control: 8
Ply: 5
Weight: 85g

Forehand Rubber
XIOM Vega Europe
Speed: 100
Spin: 110
Control: 97
Thickness:2.0mm

Backhand Rubber
Stiga NEOS Tacky
Speed: 7
Spin: 9
Control: 8.5
Thickness: Unsure

What I like
+ Lightweight Feel - I don't feel I would enjoy playing with a much heavier bat.
+ Slightly flared handle - I've been playing with it for years, would be tough to alter.
+ Speed - I'm happy with the speed I'm getting, my playstyle is based more on placement and spin than pure power.

What I want to improve
- Forehand Spin - I'd like to be able to loop with more spin
- Backhand Drives - I'd like to add a bit more speed to my backhand
- Lifetime of rubber - The Vega Europe has been decimated after just under 6 months use

My Playstyle tends to be attacking play, using my forehand loop/drive to control points whenever I can. My backhand is used almost exclusively to push, block and drive (fast). My serves rely on spin to gain the advantage.

Im looking to spend less than £70 but obviously as little as possible would be awesome. I'm also willing to spend more if needed, or to only upgrade some parts. I have been using this blade/backhand for a long time so it'll be tough to change.

I'm a relative newbie with bats, so any advice/suggestions would be ace.

Thanks,
David.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Im building a light set up, might worth having a look. Focus on lightness and spin as well

Andro Temper Tech ALL (70~75g)
FH Donic Bluefire M2
BH Donic BLUEfire M2 / Acuda S2 / Calibra Spin (very light)

Ordered the blade already, weighting at 72g, still deciding about the rubbers.

Vega euro isn't very spinny compare to Vega Pro & Asia. There are loads of choice out there.

I have used Neos sound sync b4, not exactly yours, but i'd say u can get much more rubber with other brands. Very few Stiga rubbers are good. (personally i think only Calibra is good) For life time, 6 months is not bad actually, also depends on how much u play of cuz. Tho i doubt u can get much more than that with general tension rubbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Davott and Giangt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Im building a light set up, might worth having a look. Focus on lightness and spin as well

Andro Temper Tech ALL (70~75g)
FH Donic Bluefire M2
BH Donic BLUEfire M2 / Acuda S2 / Calibra Spin (very light)

Ordered the blade already, weighting at 72g, still deciding about the rubbers.

Vega euro isn't very spinny compare to Vega Pro & Asia. There are loads of choice out there.

I have used Neos sound sync b4, not exactly yours, but i'd say u can get much more rubber with other brands. Very few Stiga rubbers are good. (personally i think only Calibra is good) For life time, 6 months is not bad actually, also depends on how much u play of cuz. Tho i doubt u can get much more than that with general tension rubbers.

Cheers for the advice, I like the look of the Andro Temper Tech - Could you tell me how it plays when you get it?

The BlueFire M2 looks awesome but maybe a bit expensive, pretty much exactly what Im looking for though with the high spin/control but with strong speed as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Glad it seemed good to u ;)
Tho, i wouldn't be playing for another 2 months, probably. Have a shoulder injury to nusre :(
However, I can tell you these. I was communicating with Dadoy, had my eyes on Stiga Allround NCT, and the Andro Temper, and I was also asking for advice. I said that im looking at a light allround blade with good touch. The following is quoted from one of the emails.

"The Andro temper tech All+ FL is availablein 74g. Thisis a good Allround blade. If you compare to the size of the Stiga allround itis about the same. The weight of the Stiga blade is near 80g.
The Andro blade as the same control (9+)and speed than the Stigablade. The main difference is in the feeling. The Stiga blade feeling is softand the Andro blade feeling is hard.

If you look for spin then take the andro.If you look for more aggressive counter attack then take the Stiga.

However these two blades are very good forplayers looking for control."
;)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
The main difference is in the feeling. The Stiga blade feeling is softand the Andro blade feeling is hard.

If you look for spin then take the andro.If you look for more aggressive counter attack then take the Stiga.

Please correct me if I am wrong. Isn't a hard blade better suited for counters than loops and vice-versa? Is the difference in this case due to the type of wood used?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Please correct me if I am wrong. Isn't a hard blade better suited for counters than loops and vice-versa? Is the difference in this case due to the type of wood used?

Yep. What I was thinking. Softer feel should mean more dwell time and more control and spin. A blade that is the same speed but has a harder feel should give you more punch or pop for countering. But, I would have to hit with both blades with the same rubbers to tell how the two blades really compare.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Yep. What I was thinking. Softer feel should mean more dwell time and more control and spin. A blade that is the same speed but has a harder feel should give you more punch or pop for countering. But, I would have to hit with both blades with the same rubbers to tell how the two blades really compare.

Good thinking, it does make sense. However, here is my take on understand his idea of that.
When he (actually, could be a she lol) say the stiga allround, a softer one, is better for countering, he might mean that the softer feel gives u more feedback/ long dwell time, therefore, u got a better chance of countering, which is basically returning a fairly high speed shot. That longer impact might give u a better chance of returning it, rather than returning with loads of spin. So, chance of getting it back of table is bigger.
But seriously, im not sure about what the idea :p so plz, if anyone is sure about sth, do share;)