Update Video of me playing Table Tennis :))

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
whats the difference between a 'loop' and a 'drive'? and what is a 'loopdrive'? :)

This is what I know, my friend:
Loop: Maximum spin. The term is used for the ultra spinny upward skimming stroke used by Jap players with their newfound inverted rubbers back then.
Drive: A counterhit. No spin intended though, probably just using the opponent's topspin.
Loop drive: Maximum speed with enough spin to put the ball on the table. I think this is what most people mean as loop nowadays..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
You have improved a lot . I can help you with somethings I noticed , because you kind of have similar faults as I do, however you are about half my age so you have lots of time and stamina to fix tho:)
1. Forehand : Technique is compact ( I like that !!! ) . Footwoork needs to be practiced more. You are missing the little "reset" step at the end of the stroke .There is routine you can practice to fix this . ( two regular balls and then one to your wide forehand . again two regular balls and one to your "pocket" . The condition being you are not allowed to cross step in any scenario , you have to side step !! )
Also now that you are so consistent , you should start thinking about putting a little wrist snap . This requires a lot of practice , so don't lose heart my young friend when you lose a little bit of consistency .
2. Forehand away from the table : A little bit of weight transfer and smooth stroking will help . Don't try to go for power consciously , it should come from tiiming and never should both your feet be up in the air. I noticed you are taking the power from the right leg but then ending up with the arm not in sync with the weight transfer. This can injure your back. I have seen some of the better players look very effort less , and the secret I believe is perfect timing and footwork.

3. Backhand : Try to go corner to corner , more diagonal , it will help your stroke. Also see if you can keep your elbow closer to your body and rotate around the elbow and add wrist.

Good Luck !!!!