PDA

View Full Version : Update Video of me playing Table Tennis :))

VenusCarboKev
08-10-2012, 04:15 AM
just an update... hope i improved hahah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf8mZ30AUms&feature=youtu.be

here is the old one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SHkDV10bEc&feature=channel&list=UL

Schlaftablette
08-10-2012, 04:23 AM
whats the difference between a 'loop' and a 'drive'? and what is a 'loopdrive'? :)

VenusCarboKev
08-10-2012, 04:30 AM
from what i know...but im not sure as i just learned these from observation is that loop is like a decent speed spinny topspin ball and a drive is more like sheer speed with not much spin...loop drive is kinda in between like fast and spinny...but im not sure :))

YosuaYosan
08-11-2012, 08:05 AM
whats the difference between a 'loop' and a 'drive'? and what is a 'loopdrive'? :)

This is what I know, my friend:
Loop: Maximum spin. The term is used for the ultra spinny upward skimming stroke used by Jap players with their newfound inverted rubbers back then.
Drive: A counterhit. No spin intended though, probably just using the opponent's topspin.
Loop drive: Maximum speed with enough spin to put the ball on the table. I think this is what most people mean as loop nowadays..

Schlaftablette
08-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the answers. I think I get it now. :)

ttmonster
08-11-2012, 06:05 PM
You have improved a lot . I can help you with somethings I noticed , because you kind of have similar faults as I do, however you are about half my age so you have lots of time and stamina to fix tho:)
1. Forehand : Technique is compact ( I like that !!! ) . Footwoork needs to be practiced more. You are missing the little "reset" step at the end of the stroke .There is routine you can practice to fix this . ( two regular balls and then one to your wide forehand . again two regular balls and one to your "pocket" . The condition being you are not allowed to cross step in any scenario , you have to side step !! )
Also now that you are so consistent , you should start thinking about putting a little wrist snap . This requires a lot of practice , so don't lose heart my young friend when you lose a little bit of consistency .
2. Forehand away from the table : A little bit of weight transfer and smooth stroking will help . Don't try to go for power consciously , it should come from tiiming and never should both your feet be up in the air. I noticed you are taking the power from the right leg but then ending up with the arm not in sync with the weight transfer. This can injure your back. I have seen some of the better players look very effort less , and the secret I believe is perfect timing and footwork.

3. Backhand : Try to go corner to corner , more diagonal , it will help your stroke. Also see if you can keep your elbow closer to your body and rotate around the elbow and add wrist.

Good Luck !!!!

DanTheTTMan
08-11-2012, 09:26 PM
On the forehand you need to rotate your waist and chest more and on your backhand you need to make sure you get behind the ball as you are reaching your arm out a bit too much. Also you need to be on your toes more.