PDA

View Full Version : What is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

Pages : 1 [2]

Cornerer
08-19-2013, 07:17 AM
Baracuda's been updated twice according to my friend. I've only seen the 2nd and 3rd gen version and latest 1 has a harder topsheet and softer sponge compare to the previous 1.

Kenta Cipriano
08-20-2013, 03:12 AM
Oops sorry, I think it was 30 EUR or pounds.
But talking about durability, I think you are totally right Sir. Somehow Tenergy got that massive durability, must be the excellent build quality :)
I am thinking if it is better to buy a Teney rather than worning out some ESN rubber but I always come back to ESN rubbers :D

I got it at beggining of the spark...for around 37 euros.
The only one available atm were the 05 and 25,not being sure about the 25 existance!This was about3/4 years ago,in my recordings.
I really like tenergy 05,as is the only type i played with (its like a sriver or markV w/ steroids,which i love),but i gotta say,Butterfly is trying to get us fools,and get the World Dominance! XD
Now being serious,for the rubber i played with,the most comparable to Tenergy(05 at least),is the Joola Xplode sensitive.I've tried it in a bat from a friend (Joola Fever Fast/2 Xplodes Sensitive),and i felt in love right away,so i asked him if he wanted to change is bat with mine :D (for jooking:)).
After a while i found a great opportunity price about a new Joola Fever Fast(5 plies of wood (1-7Limba,3-5Ayous,Core-Kiri); 2-6 plies of Carbon Meliorate),and i didnt look back,bough it straight away.The balance of the weight is perfect,it feels a bit lighter then the one i used,the touch in amazing making the blocks a breeze.
I call it a robot,cuz it handles all pretty well in some good hands,and is plenty of control for a blade so fast,making it easy to finish the points with "style".
Some player/coach from egypt is training a team here in my city,so i get Joola stuff far cheaper,so i will try to get xplod sensitive(30€),but even for its normal price,i advise that is an awesome rubber and a great Tenergy alternative!

Greetings,

keep training :)

birman1996
09-28-2013, 09:53 AM
I have question about Backhand rubbers of Xu Xin, Zhang Jike and few other top table tennis players. Why do they use Butterfly rubber (Tenergy 05 or another version of Tenergy), if they can use DHS rubber as they use DHS rubber on Forehand (DHS Hurricane 3/NEO)? What is difference between Butterfly Tenergy 05 and DHS Skyline 3 / NEO? Why they don't use both rubbers by the same company? I didnt' use Butterfly Tenergy rubbers never. I am using DHS Skyline 3 NEO Backhand rubber (Commercial version) and its good for Backhand. I am not say that I know better than them, but I want to know reason for using Backhand rubber from another company.

MDanielCRO
09-28-2013, 11:53 AM
I have question about Backhand rubbers of Xu Xin, Zhang Jike and few other top table tennis players. Why do they use Butterfly rubber (Tenergy 05 or another version of Tenergy), if they can use DHS rubber as they use DHS rubber on Forehand (DHS Hurricane 3/NEO)? What is difference between Butterfly Tenergy 05 and DHS Skyline 3 / NEO? Why they don't use both rubbers by the same company? I didnt' use Butterfly Tenergy rubbers never. I am using DHS Skyline 3 NEO Backhand rubber (Commercial version) and its good for Backhand. I am not say that I know better than them, but I want to know reason for using Backhand rubber from another company.

Main difference is in sponge and topsheet style, DHS makes chinese rubbers which are tacky and how chinese hard sponge, it's almost imposible to play with that rubbers on backhand, because you need to use much power to activate the rubber, and it stays longer on blade. For backhand you get better control with tenergy rubbers or any Euro/JP style rubbers. I hope this helped. Pozdrav

birman1996
09-28-2013, 01:04 PM
Ok, thank you for answer. Why Tenergy 05 isn't excellent for Forehand? Timo Boll uses this rubber on Forehand and Backhand. Is DHS Hurricane or Skyline better than Tenergy 05 for Forehand, if you are offensive player (more spin, less control than Tenergy) or not?

Pozdrav!

Alborz
09-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Bluefire M2 is the closest thing to Tenergy 05 i have tried.

Looping with Chinese tacky rubbers need so much effort and will give you great spin and speed. But if you doesn't have that power then the rubber will not give you enough speed and spin. Euro/Jpn rubbers are the opposite.
A Chinese tacky rubber is usually better for forehand because forehand have more power than backhand and a Euro/Jpn rubber is better for backhand because it will give you more speed and spin than a Chinese tacky rubber with less effort ( that usually backhand has ).

Alborz
09-28-2013, 06:46 PM
Ok, thank you for answer. Why Tenergy 05 isn't excellent for Forehand? Timo Boll uses this rubber on Forehand and Backhand. Is DHS Hurricane or Skyline better than Tenergy 05 for Forehand, if you are offensive player (more spin, less control than Tenergy) or not?

Pozdrav!
It depends on your technique. Chinese rubbers are better for forehand if you have a Chinese style loop. Euro/Jpn rubbers are better for forehand if you have a European style loop.
The biggest different between Chinese and European loop how much open your arm is. In Chinese loop arm is very open and nearly straight. In European loop are is more closed and it have 90 angle. Chinese loop has more power and with a European loop style you will be ready for next shot faster.

birman1996
09-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Ok, thank you for asnwers. I understand now.

Best Regards!

Martin Dorrego
12-02-2013, 09:17 PM
The best alternative for tenergy is the new donic blufire JP 01, the hardness is similar, and have a big arc, if you look masato shiono was use tenergy 05, and now he use the bluefire JP 01

Amayzde
12-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Hmm, I would say donic bluefire M2 but thats just my opinion

Mitz
12-05-2013, 10:46 AM
What about GoldArc? It also has Spring Sponge, and it's japanese made...

PetitTianTian
01-16-2014, 08:06 AM
I think many people uses tenergy because they think that is good. I use H3 NEO on my FH and Donic M3 on my BH. I've never tried any BTY rubbers because I'm chinese. I think many other rubbers can be like Tenergies, just needs some practice and some adjustments. When you see there will be tons of rubbers like tenergy or better. Just open your eyes

HLDang
01-16-2014, 03:08 PM
After playing with the Xiom Omega IV Pro, I can say it is similar to 05 with less bounce. I'm pretty happy with the change.

jinami
01-16-2014, 05:40 PM
I've never tried any BTY rubbers because I'm chinese.

I'm curious, can you elaborate on what this means? There are many chinese players who use Butterfly rubbers and blades.

As for a Tenergy 05 alternative, I've been pretty happy with Rhyzm although that would be closer to Tenergy 64.

matzreenzi
01-16-2014, 06:43 PM
I think many people uses tenergy because they think that is good. I use H3 NEO on my FH and Donic M3 on my BH. I've never tried any BTY rubbers because I'm chinese. I think many other rubbers can be like Tenergies, just needs some practice and some adjustments. When you see there will be tons of rubbers like tenergy or better. Just open your eyes

So do u mean that chinese doesn't use Butterfly rubber?...or what?..but at least i know ALMOST All CNT plyrs use Butterfly on their backhands...

PetitTianTian
01-17-2014, 02:55 AM
You're saying the pro playes use japanese rubbers. The "normal people" doesn't use BTY rubbers because they "don't like" Japan. In the history Japan had humiliated China, so the "hate" prevailed. It has all a history meaning, not because we just don't like.

akoozab
01-17-2014, 07:56 AM
price is not so high,if you can buy it in Japan!about 50$+shipping

timtan
02-17-2014, 09:54 PM
Based on all the replies posted, has there ever been a poll on which is the best alternative for Tenergy 05?

Butt Stallion
02-18-2014, 01:05 AM
there will be never a good or bad Tenergy 05 alternative because every rubber is unique. If you want a Tenergy 05 you have to buy one. There are some rubbers which share some characteristics with the T05 but they will never replace it 100%. If you look for a alternative go for one of this rubbers:

Xiom Vega Pro
Yasaka Rakza 7
Donic Bluefire M1
Tibhar Evolution MX-P
maybe DHS (Neo) Hurricane 3

But like i said, there are a lot of rubbers which suit your playing style, some dont. You have to find a good rubber for you, and if you dont want to buy Tenergy (which i totally understand) then you have to buy another rubber and test which one suits you. But there will be no second T05, never. And there will be never the best or the worst T05 alternative because everybody has his unique playing style, even the pros, and people like different kind of rubbers, in politics its actually called pluralism theory.

PetitTianTian
03-07-2014, 01:56 PM
European rubbers FOR THE WIN!!!
Cheaper, better and worthier!

agold
06-25-2014, 02:01 PM
Adidas Tenzone or P1, 3 and 5

RyanLol
06-25-2014, 04:25 PM
I think Evolution MX-P is better than Tenergy 05 because it's relatively cheap and durable.Although price of the merchandise for Butterfly has been rised absurdly, it's not useful in comparison with the latest rubbers. :)

Der_Echte
06-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Evolution series, MX-P on a hard blade and FX-P on the Flexy blades are both great rubbers that will make you forget about the greatness of T05. However, Evo series is pretty pricy, unless you get it on sale, sometimes Nexy did that, (not on sale now, but $47 USD aint a bad price for a great rubber) sometimes some other vendors did that.

Aurus puts an even bigger smile on my face as my game suffers little and the rubber costs less than 1/2 the price of T05. (currently $35 USD at Nexy)

Kalim
06-25-2014, 07:35 PM
Yasaka rakza 7 or rakza 9

RyanLol
06-26-2014, 04:58 AM
Evolution series, MX-P on a hard blade and FX-P on the Flexy blades are both great rubbers that will make you forget about the greatness of T05. However, Evo series is pretty pricy, unless you get it on sale, sometimes Nexy did that, (not on sale now, but $47 USD aint a bad price for a great rubber) sometimes some other vendors did that.

Aurus puts an even bigger smile on my face as my game suffers little and the rubber costs less than 1/2 the price of T05. (currently $35 USD at Nexy)
When i posted anywhere to express my tiny knowledge, you always show in front of me and gave me a great chance to learn about the characteristic of rubbers,blades and etc. You are awesome, thanks:)

Der_Echte
06-26-2014, 05:24 AM
I was supporting your assessment of Evo series, so much that I even got rid of T05 for Aurus and Evo series. :)

the_gift
06-26-2014, 09:14 AM
another question, what rubber not so heavy as T05 or another Tenergy?
after T05 used on blades:
Yasaka Max Carbon 3D (92 gr) -> Evolution EL-P (185 gr with blade) and Rakza 7 soft (170 gr).
Donic Waldner Legend Carbon (85 gr) -> Bluefire JP03 (185 gr) and now using Bluefire JP01 Turbo (190 gr).
Actually bluefire excellent rubbers but heavy like all tenergy's and I want something lighter with +/- same characteristics.

scoops
06-26-2014, 04:44 PM
Xiom Sigma2 pro, very nice and good price from ttnpp.com :)

scoops
06-26-2014, 04:45 PM
Oh, or Omega 5 tour/pro. They both new Xiom and suited (apparently) to new poly ball

Der_Echte
06-26-2014, 04:54 PM
Carl, Dan, Matt and RicharD for a few examples do a better job than me haha.

AndySmith
06-26-2014, 09:12 PM
Omega V Pro. The best tensor I've ever tried. Close to T05 for topsheet grip, better short game, better hitting, cheaper.

elrigo99
06-26-2014, 10:01 PM
I have tried 05 and can say that I felt better with Bluefire JP01 on my forehand. I felt more control for lots of spin and almost the same speed.

Butt Stallion
06-26-2014, 11:01 PM
I tested a lot and the real baby T05 is the Donic Baracuda, a little bit softer but its like a light T05 or a hard T05fx and it behaves like Tenergy (of all the closest Ive tried). But like I said again: There are a lot of good rubbers so but no second T05 so these rubbers are alternatives and still unique... You have to get used to it anyway but of all of them I would go for Donic Baracuda.

harveyaquino
06-27-2014, 01:03 AM
I tested a lot and the real baby T05 is the Donic Baracuda, a little bit softer but its like a light T05 or a hard T05fx and it behaves like Tenergy (of all the closest Ive tried). But like I said again: There are a lot of good rubbers so but no second T05 so these rubbers are alternatives and still unique... You have to get used to it anyway but of all of them I would go for Donic Baracuda.

I agree. I have used both Baracuda and T05 and they have similar properties with different gradings. For example, they both have good arcs, very spinny because of topsheet, highly sensitive for spin and a bit heavy, but they are not the same. For these properties Baracuda is one to two notches lower.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

alexander.groh
06-28-2014, 07:33 PM
I have replace it with Donic bluefire jp01 and I like it. Of course it is little bit different but I like it very much. You can also use the Donic bluefire M2. I think its good alternative...

Baal
06-29-2014, 04:18 AM

I actually want to put a plug in for EL-P. I think it is closer to T05. Slightly softer. MX-P is somewhat harder. T05 is in the middle, but closer to EL-P, at least it feels that way on a Viscaria blade. I am still using T05 but if prices goes up very much more I will switch to EL-P.

elrigo99
06-29-2014, 05:52 AM
I've just returned from a tournament with people from different nations and I saw that Xiom rubbers, especially Vega, were incredibly common amongst the best players. I got to play with one of them and I have never seen so much spin on service, very difficult just to keep it inside. Probably my weak experience played an important role in it but usally I have no trouble in returning backspin services though today I sent somwhat like six of them straight into the net. After the game I asked to check the rubbers (Xiom Vega Europe IV on both sides) and the man told me that Xiom rubberd are the new Tenergy series, just cheaper.

m4ndo
06-29-2014, 12:16 PM
Agree, Xiom Vega Pro for example is a great alternative for T05!! And then you also have the softer europe version...

joskokustura
06-30-2014, 11:52 AM
yes!!!!!!!!

sukrugul45
06-30-2014, 12:12 PM
Omega 5 tour is BETTER than t05

Shubh
06-30-2014, 12:21 PM
Xiom or Omega

PalashBindal
06-30-2014, 01:43 PM
Best alternative for tenergy is glued mark v or sriver [emoji6]
I'm assuming you dont play in ittf tournaments
It's cheap and gets the job done

michiy
06-30-2014, 03:14 PM
In a lot of foruns players said that either Vega Pro or Donic Bluefire M2 was the closest rubbers similar to the classic T05. But recently XIOM has launched the Omega V series (which differs a lot from the Omega IV series), on Tour and Pro versions.

I believe the Tour version plays a lot simliar to the T05 compared to the Vega Pro. Vega Pro had a more "dead" feeling than the T05. Just like in the launch news on Xiom rubbers the Tour and Pro versions have different pimple structure while maintaining sponge hardness (T05 and T64 anyone??).

I think they are indeed trying to mimic the Tenergy series with the new Omega V series (even thou they released the Omegas V euro and asia).

elrigo99
07-03-2014, 11:18 PM
I've got a problem... After I took my JP01 away to test H3 the tensor shrunk it. Now it's more little than the blade and it lost all of the catapult effect. I was thinking of trying Omega V out. What do you think? Should I buy another Bluefire or give it a shot?

Der_Echte
07-04-2014, 12:32 AM
Brush light coat of oil on sponge, wait an hour, clean off all the glue, put a couple coats of your favorite oil on the sponge and wait a couple days. You will be ready for takeoff again and rock-on like Bon Jovi. :)

This happens ALL the time with many modern rubbers. Just learn how to cope with it.

saleh
07-04-2014, 12:37 AM
I think best alternative for t05 is blue fire m2
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_1023 using Tapatalk

elrigo99
07-04-2014, 12:43 AM
Brush light coat of oil on sponge, wait an hour, clean off all the glue, put a couple coats of your favorite oil on the sponge and wait a couple days. You will be ready for takeoff again and rock-on like Bon Jovi. :)

This happens ALL the time with many modern rubbers. Just learn how to cope with it.

Haven't really understood the process. Do I have to take the rubber off? And where do I put it? After I put the oil do I have to cover it up?

I think the best alternative for t05 is blue fire m2

I've tried that too and can say that I really haven't liked it. JP is much better IMHO.

saleh
07-04-2014, 12:57 AM
My rubber is jp 01 and 03 with innerforce alc and I like it but I think m2 is alternate for tener gy
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_1023 using Tapatalk

Der_Echte
07-04-2014, 04:42 AM
elrigo, first light coat on the SPONGE (Yes, you are taking off the rubber) is to soften the glue on the sponge to make it easier to roll off with your fingers or thumb. Some water based glues do not require this step, their glue build up is easy to remove. Some others are not. The rubbers assembled with rubber cement need this step to remove the glue from the sponge. Skipping this step will make you regret, because the glue on the sponge will be extra gooey and difficult to adhere the rubber back on the blade no matter how many coats you use.

Once the glue residue is removed from the sponge, a few light coats of oil are enough to expand the sponge (and the topsheet) enough to put it back on the blade and the rubber will be large enough to cover the blade. (after you allow a full day or two for the oil to absorb, then collapse any dome you made.

Tenergy is a notorious shrinker, along with some other modern rubbers. T05 requires this treatment at least once during its lifespan. Adding edge tape completely covering the sponge and a part of the side of the topsheet slows down the shrinkage some. I use 10 mm edge tape.

elrigo99
07-05-2014, 12:46 PM
I'm about to try it out. One last question. After I removed the glue and I put the oil layers, do I have to cover it like I did for the hurricane? And where do I keep it, is a dish ok?

Der_Echte
07-05-2014, 01:15 PM
After your few light coats, just let the rubber lay sponge side up anywhere it will not get dusty WITHOUT covering it. Let the sponge lay like this a couple days. You could put it on after one day, but it will still be domed, let the dome go back down some before gluing it back on.

elrigo99
07-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Ok, I just did it. I recorded it so if someone else wants to try it he can do it too without many doubts. We'll see the results in some days. Thank you Der Echte.

elrigo99
07-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Ok, results were... disappointing lol. Have to throw the rubber in the garbage now. Guess I'm gonna stick with H3 Neo :D

masa
07-08-2014, 01:38 AM
Oh,very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zoqoo
07-08-2014, 02:50 AM

mbking
07-08-2014, 08:49 AM
How many accounts do you have???So far i have seen 5.It is pretty obvious because you keep posting the same phrase like you want us to see that you are so clever(ironically) and have many accounts.And what you send is spam so you need to be reported.

the_gift
07-08-2014, 02:25 PM
I've got a problem... After I took my JP01 away to test H3 the tensor shrunk it. Now it's more little than the blade and it lost all of the catapult effect.
I've had exactly the same experience with JP03 and JP01 turbo, so conclusion is: forgetting the bluefire, or use it 'till the end without removing.

Der_Echte
07-08-2014, 03:03 PM
Sorry to hear you had a bad result elrigo. Sometimes you do the job and everything works out, sometimes not. That is why when we are learning tuning that we try it out on spare rubbers or rubbers we normally not use.

You still didn't lose out as you got a rep (repetition) in doing it and it will make you stronger.

elrigo99
07-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Oh, so that was tuning? I was thinking of returning to H3 Neo and trying to boost it with a booster to see if that works. But is it legal?

P.S. Nevermind for the rubber, it's better to give it a try than keeping a rubber that is useless.

the_gift
07-09-2014, 08:09 AM
I've got a problem... After I took my JP01 away to test H3 the tensor shrunk it. Now it's more little than the blade and it lost all of the catapult effect.
I've had exactly the same experience with JP03 and JP01 turbo, so conclusion is: forgetting the bluefire, or use it 'till the end without removing.

Contacted Donic about the situation, there is the answer:

In this case we like to refer you to the distributor from which you bought this rubber. We will recommend you to find an arrangement with him, maybe to talk about a discount for a new rubber.

We hope that you could resolve this problem so.

It's about that I'm expected for :) So conclusion the same: forgetting the bluefire.
BTW, with tenergys it's never happened.

lani9loo
07-09-2014, 08:48 AM
Xiom Sigma Pro 2 or Xiom Sigma Europe - are very good alternatives. I play with these rubbers, and my friend plays with Tenergy and he actually prefers my combination. :) I pair them up with a Stiga allround wood blade.

elrigo99
07-13-2014, 03:38 PM
In the end evil won and I decided to put on a 05 :(. Gonna be playing with it on thursday

jhingapuri
07-14-2014, 11:41 AM
donic acuda s1 is the perfect replacement ..!!

jhingapuri
07-14-2014, 11:41 AM
but i not sure about the turbo version though !!

jhingapuri
07-14-2014, 11:42 AM
Xiom Sigma Pro 2 or Xiom Sigma Europe - are very good alternatives. I play with these rubbers, and my friend plays with Tenergy and he actually prefers my combination. :) I pair them up with a Stiga allround wood blade.
yes i agrreee with u

cheungo
07-14-2014, 12:05 PM
Tried the Galaxy Milkyway Moon which was meant to be a clone of this i think but didnt feel as good in my opinion. It wasnt the tuned version though to be fair which may make a difference.

I did read somewhere that the Donic M1/2 is meant to be close to this but i didnt think the M2 was if im honest. Couldnt say about the M1 as ive not tried it...
Be interesting if there are any alternatives.

Butt Stallion
07-14-2014, 12:14 PM
Chinese rubbers aren't a substitue for T05. In general it should be this list for T05 alternatives:

Donic Baracuda
Xiom Vega Pro
Donic Bluefire M1
Tibhar Evolution MX-P
Nittaku Fastarc G1
Yasaka Rakza 7

Now people have to understand, all of them are ESN and play completely different to T05, they just share "some characterisitics". So if you want that special feeling of the non bounciness of the T05, go for Vega Pro, if you like the throw of T05, you should try the softer Donic Baracuda, if you like your T05 a little bit faster you can try Bluefire, Evo, Rakza 7 or the Nittaku. Which one of these, people have to find out by theirself. It is very subjective.

Rajah*
07-14-2014, 12:56 PM
Chinese rubbers aren't a substitue for T05. In general it should be this list for T05 alternatives:

Donic Baracuda
Xiom Vega Pro
Donic Bluefire M1
Tibhar Evolution MX-P
Nittaku Fastarc G1
Yasaka Rakza 7

Now people have to understand, all of them are ESN and play completely different to T05, they just share "some characterisitics". So if you want that special feeling of the non bounciness of the T05, go for Vega Pro, if you like the throw of T05, you should try the softer Donic Baracuda, if you like your T05 a little bit faster you can try Bluefire, Evo, Rakza 7 or the Nittaku. Which one of these, people have to find out by theirself. It is very subjective.
Verywell said BS

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

elrigo99
07-14-2014, 02:50 PM
Now people have to understand, all of them are ESN and play completely different to T05

What does ESN mean?

michiy
07-14-2014, 02:54 PM
What does ESN mean?

ESN is the company in Germany, which makes most Europeans tensor sponges. Rubbers like XIOM, Andro, Donic use the ESN's tensor sponge.

Der_Echte
07-15-2014, 09:04 PM
elrigo is right. The best replacement for Tenergy is a new sheet of T05. Still will NOT see me paying the high price for that rubber though.

FlyingBall
07-17-2014, 05:14 PM
Yinhe Moon. 20% price with 80% of performance of t05.

dpapask
07-18-2014, 10:15 AM
evolution mx-p wil be a cool alternative i guess

Jules.B
01-31-2015, 08:51 AM
Joola Ryzum is close slightly less spin but more control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NextLevel
02-01-2015, 12:54 AM
I have replaced my Tenergy 05 with Yinhe Big Dipper 38 deg sponge and have few complaints. Won't work for everyone but works for me.

Baal
02-02-2015, 12:49 AM

Donic Baracuda
Xiom Vega Pro
Donic Bluefire M1
Tibhar Evolution MX-P
Nittaku Fastarc G1
Yasaka Rakza 7

I haven't followed one of these threads in a couple of years. Doesn't seem like there has been anything much new in this category for a couple of years.

UpSideDownCarl
02-04-2015, 06:47 PM
To me what will be interesting is when all the companies start figuring out topsheets that work better for the plastic ball. I know there are rubbers like Rasant, Rhyzm-P and Victas that and presenting that they have been designed for the Poly ball. I know Victas's topsheet really does grab the Poly ball well. Trying Victas actually got me to switch from Tenergy even though I like Tenergy's sponge better.

So I would be interested to see if Butterfly comes up with a new line for the Poly ball at some point. But right now I am happy with Victas V>01 Stiff for FH and Victas V>01 Limber for BH.

rocketscientist
02-04-2015, 08:16 PM
I would say Airoc based on the similarities in the feeling of the sponge.

3Star
02-06-2015, 10:34 AM
I have replaced my Tenergy 05 with Yinhe Big Dipper 38 deg sponge and have few complaints. Won't work for everyone but works for me.

Didn't work at all for me, I did not like the touch, had big problemshttp://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/) with my bh block, the ball just died on the racket.

NextLevel
02-06-2015, 10:44 AM
Didn't work at all for me, I did not like the touch, had big problemshttp://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/) with my bh block, the ball just died on the racket.

Yes, that is the part that needs work (hitting/blocking). The spin and control on topspin is the similarity. I find now that I have more control with it than with Tenergy 05, but it didn't start out that way as I had to get more active in my blocks.

izra
02-06-2015, 01:53 PM
so what's the consensus on donic bluefire?

fais
03-09-2015, 08:52 PM

I'm intrigued by the big dipper rubber, and I had some questions. Would you mind if I messaged you?

Baal
03-11-2015, 04:03 AM
Addidas rubber is made by ESN (as with nearly every other Tenergy alternative mentioned here) so it's not going to be a bad rubber. Actually, what little of Adidas TT stuff I have tried has been quite decent (in reply to comments up the thread that I now realize are about a year old, so I guess I'm not saying anything new :rolleyes:).

I still found Evolution to be the closest, but I certainly haven't tried everything. If you find MX-P too hard, there is a lot to be said for EL-P. I actually found that one to be a little closer to T-05.

NextLevel
03-14-2015, 12:47 AM
I'm intrigued by the big dipper rubber, and I had some questions. Would you mind if I messaged you?

OF course, you can message me. I'm not an EJ and I switched to Big Dipper mostly because of the plastic ball - before that, I used T05. I posted a sample of my looping with Big Dipper. I am a close to the table player though, FWIW.

Killerspintt
03-16-2015, 01:01 PM
I still found Evolution to be the closest, but I certainly haven't tried everything. If you find MX-P too hard, there is a lot to be said for EL-P. I actually found that one to be a little closer to T-05.

I won't comapred Evo MX-P with unboosted T05 btw, it is much faster and dynamic than an unboosted T05. Boosted T05 is uncomparable for me, amazing in every aspects of the game and I would play with it anyday if it was not for cost/durability issues and my will to not boost (because its a pain task to be done, take several days and the results are not always the same and because I somehow wanna follow the rules....), but there are many alternatives to unboosted T05 if you are looking for something more powerfull and faster and MX-P is certainly the best one I've tried so far.

NextLevel
03-17-2015, 01:18 PM
Check if your Big Dipper has cut corners or not. The one with cut corners is much harder and less bouncy than the one without. I can use both, but I might either need to boost mildly or find a new rubber.

Der_Echte
03-17-2015, 01:41 PM
Ask Abe (agold) about FX-P I tossed a sheet his way and from all reports, he is killin' it at the table... or I should say a step away from the table.

phamster
05-24-2015, 03:47 AM
so basically after about 4-6 years now.. there is no good true replacement for T05?

wow... that proprietary top sheet and sponge can not be reversed engineered? amazing eh?

i too have not found a true replacement..

but with the game going to poly ball, the solution is sticky chinese like topsheet for both sides.. IMHO

UpSideDownCarl
05-24-2015, 06:27 AM
so basically after about 4-6 years now.. there is no good true replacement for T05?

wow... that proprietary top sheet and sponge can not be reversed engineered? amazing eh?

i too have not found a true replacement..

but with the game going to poly ball, the solution is sticky chinese like topsheet for both sides.. IMHO

Well, they now have a few rubbers designed for the poly ball that really grab the ball well. Better than any of the old rubbers in terms of how they grab and spin the poly ball.

UpSideDownCarl
05-24-2015, 06:32 AM
I won't comapred Evo MX-P with unboosted T05 btw, it is much faster and dynamic than an unboosted T05. Boosted T05 is uncomparable for me, amazing in every aspects of the game and I would play with it anyday if it was not for cost/durability issues and my will to not boost (because its a pain task to be done, take several days and the results are not always the same and because I somehow wanna follow the rules....), but there are many alternatives to unboosted T05 if you are looking for something more powerfull and faster and MX-P is certainly the best one I've tried so far.

I wonder what Evo MX-P plays like boosted? hahaha. I hit with it for a few min and thought it was pretty impressive and then a friend hit with the same racket and I had never felt his loop have so much spin.

AndyCouchman
05-24-2015, 09:00 AM
What about Andro Rasant Grip ?

UpSideDownCarl
05-24-2015, 12:42 PM
What about Andro Rasant Grip ?

I have heard great things about this rubber. I have not tried it. I do think I heard it was heavy. But aside from that what I heard is very positive feedback. Maybe PowerGrip is the one that is really heavy but I have heard really good things about the Rasant rubbers.

Overseer Kevin
10-13-2015, 04:10 AM
I really don 't think that there is one yet.Some people say that xiom vega pro, donic acuda s1 and even calibra LT have a somehow similar way of play(maybe a little less spin) and they are all cheaper.As for xiom some reviews say that after the first week of play is a completely different rubber cause it loses a lot of it's spin and speed.So IMHO other than it 's price tenergy is still the best thing there is right now

You are absolutely right about Xiom losing its spin rather quickly. I love the feel of it on my bh for the most part. When brand new it works like a dream on the fh. Open ups, loops, and loop drives are outstanding. But I play frequently (5-6 X's a week) with my club buddies. After about 3 weeks, no matter how clean you keep, it losses it's tack and subsequent spin (Xiom Omega 4 pro).

bobpuls
10-13-2015, 05:12 AM
I have here on the training a issue with Omega V Euro ... i accidentally touch my knee with the rubber and the rubber get sweat on to it... i have cleaned it of course but the grip was 50% ... and the ball goes down and i was unable to do open ups with it ...
So i try one more time clean it with water and sponge but it did not help ...I was really pissed about it and was thinking to throw the rubber out after three weeks ... but then i clean it with olive oil and the grip is back .... it was just some kind of dirt from the sweat which can not be removed only by water it self ..... try this, maybe it will help you like it helps me.

Overseer Kevin
10-13-2015, 08:03 AM
I have here on the training a issue with Omega V Euro ... i accidentally touch my knee with the rubber and the rubber get sweat on to it... i have cleaned it of course but the grip was 50% ... and the ball goes down and i was unable to do open ups with it ...
So i try one more time clean it with water and sponge but it did not help ...I was really pissed about it and was thinking to throw the rubber out after three weeks ... but then i clean it with olive oil and the grip is back .... it was just some kind of dirt from the sweat which can not be removed only by water it self ..... try this, maybe it will help you like it helps me.

Thanks. I'll try it.

Overseer Kevin
10-13-2015, 08:24 AM

How did you clean it with olive oil? Can I get some instructions from you on how to do this.

Anders
10-13-2015, 08:26 AM
I have heard great things about this rubber. I have not tried it. I do think I heard it was heavy. But aside from that what I heard is very positive feedback. Maybe PowerGrip is the one that is really heavy but I have heard really good things about the Rasant rubbers.

PowerGrip should be lighter in weight than the normal Rasant Grip, because whenever Andro puts Power in front of the rubber name, it means the same as the FX-version of Butterfly rubbers, that it's softer and more springy :)

AndySmith
10-13-2015, 08:38 AM
PowerGrip should be lighter in weight than the normal Rasant Grip, because whenever Andro puts Power in front of the rubber name, it means the same as the FX-version of Butterfly rubbers, that it's softer and more springy :)

Not this time. Andro use Powersponge for their softer versions. Rasant Powergrip (50 degrees) is the hard version of Rasant Grip (45 degrees). Slightly confusing, I agree.

Anders
10-13-2015, 08:42 AM
Not this time. Andro use Powersponge for their softer versions. Rasant Powergrip (50 degrees) is the hard version of Rasant Grip (45 degrees). Slightly confusing, I agree.

Damn! I wasn't awere of that.. Thanks :)

bobpuls
10-13-2015, 09:54 AM
How did you clean it with olive oil? Can I get some instructions from you on how to do this.
I just place two drops on to the center of the rubber then just paint it with finger over the area ,just make a light massage on this place and then just wipe it down with clean sponge ... the rest which can not be removed it just dried out ( or soaked in) in a few seconds. this all just take one or two minutes.

Overseer Kevin
10-13-2015, 06:35 PM
I just place two drops on to the center of the rubber then just paint it with finger over the area ,just make a light massage on this place and then just wipe it down with clean sponge ... the rest which can not be removed it just dried out ( or soaked in) in a few seconds. this all just take one or two minutes.

Thanks. I'm going to try it!

manosb
10-13-2015, 08:06 PM
i believe a good alternative to tenergy 05 is donic bluefire cause it also has good spin and it is better than tenergy because it has more control

Anders
10-14-2015, 12:05 PM
i believe a good alternative to tenergy 05 is donic bluefire cause it also has good spin and it is better than tenergy because it has more control

Better for someone, worse for someone else.. Personal preference matters :)

Tompa8888
10-30-2015, 12:35 AM
Which yasaka rubbers wang liqin? thanks for your first post and joining the forum

Can the rakza X be a candidate?

Or the new yasaka rising dargon? There is not so much information about it dough =/

Xanderngzien
03-05-2017, 12:29 PM
Mxp, rakza7, rasant

yogi_bear
03-05-2017, 01:14 PM
should be tibhar evolution MXP

Suga D
03-05-2017, 09:32 PM
Since we just had this discussion on a different thread but also fits perfectly here, and i don't want to do free advertisement I'm just gonna quote Jabugo here:

...Regarding Tenergy for backhand, T05 is the standout. Other Tenergy rubbers can be substituted with other brands, but T05 does not have a substitute.

And this after almost 10 years that T05 was first released.

UpSideDownCarl
03-05-2017, 10:28 PM
There is someone who played necromancer and woke up a bunch of old threads today. [emoji2]

No harm when a new member, in his enthusiasm, opens a bunch of long dead threads. [emoji2]

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Archosaurus
03-05-2017, 10:39 PM
We got necro AND double posting in the same thread, boys!

NextLevel
03-06-2017, 01:27 AM

Plus 1.

UpSideDownCarl
03-06-2017, 01:47 AM
There is someone who played necromancer and woke up a bunch of old threads today. [emoji2] No harm when a new member, in his enthusiasm, opens a bunch of long dead threads.

There is someone who played necromancer and woke up a bunch of old threads today. [emoji2]

No harm when a new member, in his enthusiasm, opens a bunch of long dead threads. [emoji2]

Plus 1.

Technology has past me by. I have no idea how I did that. I thought I pressed the edit button to space the paragraphs and add an extra smiley face. But somehow it turned into two posts. Hahaha.

Baal
03-06-2017, 02:28 AM
It is amazing that in Anno Domini 2017 this question is still a Thing.

Der_Echte
03-06-2017, 05:58 AM

Somewhere near Gotham City, The Joker is doubled over with glee laughing his slim azz off...

DJeX
03-06-2017, 12:03 PM
Tibhar EL-S

pepinho
03-06-2017, 12:42 PM
TIBHAR EVOLUTION MX-P the only alternative of T05.
DONIC Acuda Blue P1 is another good rubber but the feeling is differnt than T05. Maybe it feels like boosted T80.

_a8e_
03-06-2017, 12:50 PM
I used Xiom Omega V for about a year then switched to Tenergy 05. It is pretty similar. I would say that Tenergy is slightly softer and gets a little more dwell time.

pepinho
03-06-2017, 01:09 PM
Omega V (Pro) has a flatter arc...

bobpuls
03-06-2017, 01:18 PM
Try the victas v15 limber..... You will be satisfied.

ping fun
08-05-2017, 06:53 AM
Nothing can take tenenrgy 05 place .... that's what my coach says and i accept it . i used to have nittaku rubbers in my forehand fastarce p 1 and it was good but after using tenergy 05 i felt like a champion . its about 4 years that i use tenergy and i think nothing can be it although it tears so easily ....

TTLOVE
08-05-2017, 03:17 PM
what about bluefire m1?

Suga D
08-05-2017, 03:27 PM
what about bluefire m1?

Not even close.
Or do you think Ovtcharov would deny this rubber from his main sponsor and use tenergy05 instead if they were similar?

UpSideDownCarl
08-05-2017, 11:24 PM
Yeah. It's sad that, after almost 10 years, nobody has figured out how to make something as good. But, the truth is, they haven't.

I think MXP comes closest in performance. But still, Tenergy feels better.

JHB
08-05-2017, 11:28 PM
Yeah. It's sad that, after almost 10 years, nobody has figured out how to make something as good. But, the truth is, they haven't.

I think MXP comes closest in performance. But still, Tenergy feels better.

The real worry is that someone will work out how to successfully market something equally overpriced !

UpSideDownCarl
08-06-2017, 12:11 AM
The real worry is that someone will work out how to successfully market something equally overpriced !

Hahahah. I thought that was the elusive H3 National Blue Sponge for $100-160 that nobody can get but everybody seems to have.

Oh no. Now the goon squad is after me.

Bullan
08-06-2017, 08:24 AM
I used T05 an MX-P in the past years. Now I gave a try to something else and bought a pair of Rasanter R47 ultramax. After (only) 1 training I would say they play minimum as good as T05 or MX-P. Fast and really huge amount of spin.

bobpuls
08-06-2017, 11:39 AM
Yes Rasanter is also my choice...

Penholdgod
10-30-2019, 10:15 AM
There are many rubber similar to tenergy but none of them can truly replace it. Good alternatives are stiga mantra m, nittaku fastarc G1, yasaka raksa, tibhar MXP and donic bluefire m2

yogi_bear
10-30-2019, 10:44 AM
Omega 7 Hyper. Even stronger than T05H

Airoc
10-30-2019, 11:41 AM
Omega 7 Hyper. Even stronger than T05H

That sounds interesting, and from my point of view Rasanter R53.

On pro level I think Butterfly has just found the right moment to introduce Dignics, so tenergy players can move "up" instead of sideways.

On amateur level, this will remain a question of money. Get any MX-P/blueStorm/etc. for 2/3rds of tenergy price and be happy with 2/3rds of the performance. Just don´t kid yourself that these rubbers are equal anywhere where the full potential of a t05/R53/"selected" rubbers can be activated.

Or in simple words: I would not play better with a t05 than with an R47, so why pay more.
My friends from 3rd and 4th leagues have a different point of view on that.
And some will play with R53 soon ;)

merlin el mago
10-30-2019, 12:19 PM
I used Tenergy and now I use Nittaku Fastarc G-1, last long than Tenergy, Japanese quality I feel Nittaku better than BTY and more or less the same kind of rubber.

UpSideDownCarl
10-30-2019, 12:35 PM
Why are so many best alternative to Tenergy type threads being woken up from the dead?

lVegita
10-30-2019, 01:15 PM
Why are so many best alternative to Tenergy type threads being woken up from the dead?

Probably because undead stuff is a Halloween thing

Or it is a trick because asking for Tenergy alternatives is ILLEGAL

JustANoob
10-30-2019, 01:20 PM

Or it is a trick because it is ILLEGAL

Also another possibility is researching/preparing for black friday deals.

yoass
10-30-2019, 02:24 PM
The Singularity will be caused when an ever increasing frenzy on an irresistable topic reaches the threshold and collapses into itself.

This is that topic and that’s the reason behind the rule, expressing an immutable taboo.

Next to that, the answer is obviously Fastarc G-1. Regardless of the question. Because that’s also a set fixed point.

Baal
10-30-2019, 02:26 PM
If people stopped wearing black socks and shirts with their name on the back, among other Rules, they would be better respected by the world at large. The resulting improvement in self-confidence and happiness could lead to weight loss, improved health, more strength, better footwork and even improved job performance. The promotions that ensue would mean that you could afford to actually BUY Tenergy (and of course new blades to go with it, and proper glue, which you would cease to sniff).

And then you wouldn't need to ask or answer this question. The Table Tennis Gods are benevolent, mostly. To Obey means nets and edges go your way.

Things were different in freaking 2010 (!!) when this thread started. But as we approach a decade later it was clear that a Rule was needed. The Gods supplied it.

Baal
10-30-2019, 02:36 PM
Also forget the rubber. Buy another blade.

Rule 20 The correct number of blades to own is n + 1 where n is the number you own now. An exemption can be made for players in committed relationships, in which case the correct number is s-1, where s is the number of blades that causes your spouse or partner to leave you.

mart1nandersson
10-30-2019, 05:37 PM
If people stopped wearing black socks and shirts with their name on the back

I agree on black socks as a fellow cyclist but the name on the back thing is actually mandatory if you want to enter league or tournament play in civilised parts of the ping pong world.

lVegita
10-30-2019, 06:19 PM
I agree on black socks as a fellow cyclist but the name on the back thing is actually mandatory if you want to enter league or tournament play in civilised parts of the ping pong world.

Yep, the name is mandatory here too

Baal
10-30-2019, 07:39 PM

This would explain the Table Tennis Gods actions towards Svenska Bordtennisförbundet since the days of Waldner and Persson. Perhaps, though, they allow it in formal league play and reject it for just hanging out playing at the club.

A seance with the Gods is required.

mart1nandersson
10-30-2019, 07:52 PM
This would explain the Table Tennis Gods actions towards Svenska Bordtennisförbundet since the days of Waldner and Persson. Perhaps, though, they allow it in formal league play and reject it for just hanging out playing at the club.

A seance with the Gods is required.

You can wear anything during practice but most old farts will be sporting club jerseys (with their name) originating from clubs that hasn't existed since BWM (Before Waldner could have a Moustache).

Airoc
10-30-2019, 09:50 PM
Japanese quality I feel Nittaku better than BTY

Except your Japanese quality G1 is made in Germany.

Baal
10-31-2019, 04:48 AM
In any case stop asking this question and buy the Tenergy. And a new blade, better make it two. You don't have to tell your wife.

splasher78
10-31-2019, 05:30 AM
Yeah Seriously. A simple forum search should answer your question and much MORE. To answer the OP's question. Victas Extra >15 and Rakza 7 IMO.

Der_Echte
10-31-2019, 03:59 PM
Q: What is best alternative to T05

A: A GIRLFRIEND

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

yoass
10-31-2019, 04:06 PM

Viable options only please. If everything’s on the table: I hear unicorns are nice as well.

Baal
10-31-2019, 04:54 PM

Be careful what you wish for. A new blade costs less in the long run.

mart1nandersson
10-31-2019, 09:18 PM
Be careful what you wish for. A new blade costs less in the long run.

Exactly! Even Dignics seems affordable in comparison.

Der_Echte
10-31-2019, 09:58 PM
Girlfriend is Better...

https://youtu.be/9r7X3f2gFz4

Simas
10-31-2019, 10:36 PM

Or it is a trick because asking for Tenergy alternatives is ILLEGAL

LOL

... Good alternatives are ... donic bluefire m2
I'd say maybe JP01 would be more like T05, and JP03 would be smth like T05FX IMHO....

BryanY
11-01-2019, 12:40 AM
Does the OP really mean "alternative" or is he actually looking for a "clone" that behaves thre same way as T05? There are several rubbers that suit my game better than T05 and are therefore an alternative for me. But... a lot of people seem to look for a rubber with the same trajectory, speed, feel, and behavior, but at a lower price. Obviously they won't find that.

lVegita
11-01-2019, 02:17 AM
Does the OP really mean "alternative" or is he actually looking for a "clone" that behaves thre same way as T05?

If the OP is still looking...

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/cache.php?img=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2F5kl130q5ijq31.jpg

Simas
11-01-2019, 07:40 AM
one more idea about this thread: maybe we should be listing a much more cheaper then tenergy rubbers here? because if we are listing rubbers that cost the same, why one should be interested in such topic? he should just go and buy tenergy and not alternative...?

zeio
11-01-2019, 07:47 AM
The OP was last active 2 weeks ago. I wonder what adjective he'd use now to describe the price. His use of astronomical is really fitting here, seeing the universe is still expanding at an increasing speed. Butterfly is merely taking a page from nature. So deep.

igorponger
11-01-2019, 12:19 PM
https://web.facebook.com/399373373741853/videos/vb.399373373741853/559991461522446/?type=2&theater
This is to make Tenergy a worthles stuff.

/Be happy/

SpearRKO
04-08-2020, 03:26 PM
I saw in another posts about Bluefire M2. I don't tried it but a lot of people say that it is the same as T05.

yogi_bear
04-08-2020, 06:48 PM
As of the moment, newer rubbers like Joola Dynariz AGR and Xiom Omega 7 Asia are better alternatives for T05.

TTLOVE
04-08-2020, 07:32 PM
As of the moment, newer rubbers like Joola Dynariz AGR and Xiom Omega 7 Asia are better alternatives for T05.
I haven't tried joola rubbers, but I don' think omega 7 asia is a good alternative for tenergy 05. Ok O7A is faster and spinner but is not easy to use, only pro players could take the best of it. On the other hand tenergy is easier to use. The sponge hardness of O7A requires strong hitting force, tenergy 05 is softer and has more gears. I think that Omega V tour is the closest rubber to tenergy 05, similar trow angle, speed, spin and hardness.

KM1976
04-08-2020, 09:10 PM

Off topic, but yogi based on your review I am going to try O7P after using T05 for 3+ years. Fingers crossed.

Der_Echte
04-08-2020, 09:16 PM
I saw in another posts about Bluefire M2. I don't tried it but a lot of people say that it is the same as T05.

I used M2 for 6 months. There in NO WAY a sane person not under the influence of meds could compare that rubber to T05 in anyway, except for sponge firmness.

But then again, why do so many citizens wish to purchase and carry away 5 each 30 roll jumbo packs of toilet paper from the store?

Der_Echte
04-08-2020, 09:18 PM
The closest rubber I see to T05FX has been Tibhar FX-S.

Similarities are that FX-S is soft, very dynamic, easily produces boatloads of spin, has similar feel, is very stable in the looping game, but costs 1/2 to 1/3 the price.

Baal
04-08-2020, 09:40 PM
There is no alternative to Tenergy 05. Stop asking.

yogi_bear
04-08-2020, 10:06 PM
Off topic, but yogi based on your review I am going to try O7P after using T05 for 3+ years. Fingers crossed.

Pro version has a different feel and playing characteristics. Pro needs more sponge engagement while Asia like 05 needs brushing mostly.

yogi_bear
04-08-2020, 10:12 PM

I haven't tried joola rubbers, but I don' think omega 7 asia is a good alternative for tenergy 05. Ok O7A is faster and spinner but is not easy to use, only pro players could take the best of it. On the other hand tenergy is easier to use. The sponge hardness of O7A requires strong hitting force, tenergy 05 is softer and has more gears. I think that Omega V tour is the closest rubber to tenergy 05, similar trow angle, speed, spin and hardness.
Ease of usage of Tenergy 05 is subjective. I have own a few ones in the past decade and still i find it too spin sensitive which i do not find in O7A. Contrary to your personal feel, I find O7A easier to use.

UpSideDownCarl
04-08-2020, 10:36 PM

Yep. I agree with this.

There are other rubbers. They are different. But they are not an alternative. They are not close. T05 is the best alternative for T05. :)

Baal
04-08-2020, 11:05 PM
We should all contemplate Rule 88 in these difficult times.

UpSideDownCarl
04-09-2020, 01:38 AM
One of the ways of explaining it is that Butterfly's spring sponge is just better than any of the other sponges. So Tenergy allows you to feel the ball in a way that other rubbers just don't. I like MXP. It is good enough. I use it. The performance is not so far behind T05. But T05 definitely gets better spin and it just also feels so much better. Because the sponge lets you feel the ball better, it makes it so there is more you can do with the rubber.

That is how it seems and feels to me anyway. But I do know people who are good players who don't like Tenergy. So, everyone is different.

Baal
04-09-2020, 02:45 AM
There is no alternative but you might play just as well or even better with something else. But it will feel different. Nobody has cloned it the way people have cloned, say, Butterfly ALC blades.

As Carl said, the sponge is completely unique.

Only wsy to know if something else suits you is to try it.

vossi39
04-09-2020, 09:10 AM
I would really like to see a double blind test being performed with players of all ages and performance level, that claim, that T05 is so "unique" and distinct. I personally have tested many rubbers and I also claim that there are differences that I "feel". But would I put a serious amount of money in a bet being able to distinguish between rubber A and B? Don't think so....

yoass
04-09-2020, 09:35 AM
I have little doubt about being able to tell te difference between the non-fx Tenergies and the common alternatives.

I do like T05 and do think it has unique qualities. However, for me that also holds true for quite a few of the common contenders.

Much of that is level and style related, and quite a bit, I think, a matter of personal preference.

Rubbers do not induce a consistent complete partial order, in short. So, no complete lattice, and no top element.

yogi_bear
04-09-2020, 12:19 PM
I mostly base my suggestions for alternatives of T0t based on their performance and less with feel because they do not just feel like Tenergy 05. Several rubbers now from ESN provide you with more speed and spin but they cannot replicate the feel of T05 hence maybe people are basing it as still being superior than modern ESN rubbers.

Airoc
04-09-2020, 04:54 PM
Several rubbers now from ESN provide you with more speed and spin but they cannot replicate the feel of T05

100% true.

Does not make it easier to pick other options for players who are used to the feel.

Once you get past that, the field is wide open.

igorponger
04-09-2020, 06:23 PM
WHOLESALE DISCOUNT ON BUTTERFLY RUBBER PRODUCTS.
You can obtain some rubber products at discount price, 25 USD a piece from Japan's Butterfly factory store directly. Price abatement by 60% for all rubbers after shelf time got expired. They only shipping out a bulk order of 50 pieces and more.

Be happy/

merlin el mago
04-09-2020, 06:40 PM
WHOLESALE DISCOUNT ON BUTTERFLY RUBBER PRODUCTS.
You can obtain some rubber products at discount price, 25 USD a piece from Japan's Butterfly factory store directly. Price abatement by 60% for all rubbers after shelf time got expired. They only shipping out a bulk order of 50 pieces and more.

Be happy/

Link please?

Der_Echte
04-10-2020, 01:12 AM
I think it is for only Orthodox OX SP made in the 60s or 70s, Greg Letts discussed that one in his BTY Board Meeting vid.

davidzhang
04-10-2020, 01:21 AM

When people will realize that ? :D
Btw Baal, what rubbers are you using on your Viscaria now ?

Baal
04-10-2020, 02:25 AM
Nexy Karis. Very different from T05!!!!!!

I like it, a lot of people will think I'm crazy.

Konrad Bak
04-10-2020, 03:53 AM
Yall have friendship circle.
There is no replacement for 05fx and 05 kick spin because sponge is unique and a lot of pro players buy only sponges for their pips
For me there is no rubber like 05fx and poor durability like 05fx.
Fxs is 70% slower....

no time for 47.5 degree sponges.
In 2020 top pro players dont need Butterfly rubbers because when Xiom, Andro, Victas, Tibhar, Joola make 55-60 degree sponge and perfect strong booster and the spongee will be as light as 05...
Gauzy is kryptonite for Xuperman without 05
I see Liam ballin with Victas brand and kicked out Ma Long one time.
For normal user Victas v15 extra is near 05
Omega Asia 7 is near too with better durability
But you wont get the same kick with the same arc and spin like 05

davidzhang
04-10-2020, 04:54 AM
Nexy Karis. Very different from T05!!!!!!

I like it, a lot of people will think I'm crazy.

I don't even know this brand :D

Baal
04-10-2020, 04:56 AM
It is a bit like Stiga Mantra. Korean brand.

zbys
04-10-2020, 01:12 PM
There is no replacement for 05fx and 05 kick spin because sponge is unique and a lot of pro players buy only sponges for their pips
Fxs is 70% slower.... Barracuda is heaven .
After reading most of these posts . l too had so much trouble switching from tenergy 05 cos of throw angle nothing is higher . l played with 05 from the get go 4 years ago... tried xiom asia 7 , really low throw and v fast lots long our net balls , . could not do flips near the table .then rasanter 42 and 47.5 and rhyser 48 .. not much feel and so fast .the 42 is too soft .. when l tried a off+ blade carbonado 290 . strangely its got great feel for so much carbon . l tried slower rubbers like donic m3 .. but now my best rubber is donic BARRACUDA . l think its 45 degrees but not sure about that , sadly not many 45 degree rubbers out there ..??.with high throw .. only one ! maybe donic M2 ? not tried it .Are the throw angles on rev spin.com ..more accurate than speed or control // ?.. l hope so .... the blade is so hard its fast if the rubber is boosted .. its soft and has a high throw good feel on spins . and has more spin than 05 . great for control massive spin play .does not go long like the alternatives to 05 thou not the kick or speed of 05. bearing in mind this is testing diff rubbers on a advanced robot , recently .no real play yet! may be too good to be true ,a revelation may be smashed a better rubber for me than tenergy more control on pushes and spins with barracuda its like 05 , v high throw most alternatives have low thro esp 47/ 50+ sponges .the new thick sponge thin top sheet rubbers that are everywhere , l tried some . have for me no feel on spin ups and are fast low throw ones.wow. barracuda heaven . note its only good with fast v hard off+ blades l found . beware it can feel slow on thin alc blades .. but no rubber has more spin ... thou slower rubbers can only appear to have more spin than fast ones don't know .not tried v many diff rubbers ..hope not too!
In 2020 top pro players dont need Butterfly rubbers because when Xiom, Andro, Victas, Tibhar, Joola make 55-60 degree sponge and perfect strong booster and the spongee will be as light as 05...
why does it say this message is too short its pretty long ..

ZeroTT
04-10-2020, 01:45 PM
My 2 cents:

I have been playing with T05 and T05fx for 10 years and tried to switch last season because my retailer couldn't order butterfly anymore.

I tried:
R47
Rhyzer 48
Hexer PowerGrip
Xiom Vega X
Gewo Nexus el 48
Thibar mxp
Rhyzer 45pro
Rhyzer 43

And of these Nexus el 48 felt the best but not the same as butterfly T05

Then I was about to give up on my search but I ordered Dynaryz ACC as a last try.
To me this is the best rubber I tried so far, it really has the "Tenergy 05 feel" for me.

I tried Dynaryz ACC because it has the same hardness as T05 but the rubber is so good that I'm gonna order the Dynaryz AGR after this to see if that one is even better for me.

Dynaryz ACC is a 47/48 hardness rubber but "feels" softer just like T05 feels softer then a 47 rubber.

zyu81
04-10-2020, 02:07 PM
Fxs is 70% slower....

When Pitchford beat Ma Long, he was still using Butterfly (Mizutani + Tenergy). In fact after he switched to Victas, his results have not been so amazing, but I doubt it's due to equipment either. Gauzy has also lost to Xu Xin in the two other matches since he switched to Andro. So I'm not saying you're wrong about the new European brand rubbers, but it's not for that reason.

NextLevel
04-10-2020, 02:26 PM
When Pitchford beat Ma Long, he was still using Butterfly (Mizutani + Tenergy). In fact after he switched to Victas, his results have not been so amazing, but I doubt it's due to equipment either. Gauzy has also lost to Xu Xin in the two other matches since he switched to Andro. So I'm not saying you're wrong about the new European brand rubbers, but it's not for that reason.

You mean beating Xu Xin for the first time is not so amazing? It does take time to adjust...

But your main point is right but it also means that the rubbers may not be that far behind Tenergy if at all...

zyu81
04-10-2020, 02:38 PM
You mean beating Xu Xin for the first time is not so amazing? It does take time to adjust...

But your main point is right but it also means that the rubbers may not be that far behind Tenergy if at all...

Didn't know he had actually, just noticed a lot of early exits and some unexpected losses but I do not keep up with every tournament. Fair point, excuse my ignorance.

My point was only that I wouldn't conclude too much about equipment based off pro player's wins (or losses). For now it seems like a lot of these rubbers are still just pumped full of chemicals which causes it to die off too quickly and unpredictably, but hopefully I am wrong. That is okey for sponsored players who are changing sheets every 2-3 days but not for the rest of the people. I am hearing good things about Andro R53 and JOOLA Dynaryz. The gap may be closing, unfortunately (or fortunately) Butterfly has now responded with Dignics.

Der_Echte
04-10-2020, 06:19 PM
It is a bit like Stiga Mantra. Korean brand.

Don't anyone start comparing Karis to T05 for any similarity.

I sell that rubber in USA and I used it for a couple years before I transitioned to dynamic rubbers.

Karis is about the polar opposite of T05. It is totally linear, doesn't really have catapult, doesn't make 80% spin with a 20% stroke... but it handles spin so well, does only what you tell it to do, and you can make spin with your technique.

I have so many people see me play with it, want it, buy it, then they play the same way with it that they do T05 and suddenly, they are not spinny or fast with a weak stroke... then they hate on it. Plus, it lasts so long after the topsheet looks not new. I could get 500 hours+ out of a sheet, and it still prolly had life.

Baal
04-10-2020, 09:16 PM
Don't anyone start comparing Karis to T05 for any similarity.

I sell that rubber in USA and I used it for a couple years before I transitioned to dynamic rubbers.

Karis is about the polar opposite of T05. It is totally linear, doesn't really have catapult, doesn't make 80% spin with a 20% stroke... but it handles spin so well, does only what you tell it to do, and you can make spin with your technique.

I have so many people see me play with it, want it, buy it, then they play the same way with it that they do T05 and suddenly, they are not spinny or fast with a weak stroke... then they hate on it. Plus, it lasts so long after the topsheet looks not new. I could get 500 hours+ out of a sheet, and it still prolly had life.

That's it. I play better with that kind of rubber. It definitely punishes lazy technique though. It is pretty much the opposite of T05.

Der_Echte
04-11-2020, 10:58 PM
I notice a lot of players who developed their game in the old-school sponge era learned early on with direct-impact strokes seem to do well using a linear performing rubber more than the catapulty ones.

Der_Echte
04-11-2020, 11:03 PM
One aspect with a linear control rubber if you are facing a strong incoming loop and you keep grip relaxed and do a compact low power stroke, that almost looks lazy, but you are doing a defensive topspin that is so reliable under pressure.

That is one of the things I liked with Karis, when under pressure with topspin, I could get the ball back. Wasn't overwhelming, but better than pissing away the point straight away. Similar thing with counter-topspins - if I kept grip lighter and did the counter, I wasn't blazing it, but I handled the spin, made my own, wasn't real powerful, but I still made an attacking response with high percentage. That ended up counting for a lot.

Satisfying in that you glue on a sheet, you can keep it there forever until it almost falls off. I got way more hours out of Karis than MX-P, like double or more.

merlin el mago
04-12-2020, 10:16 AM
What Karis M?

Konrad Bak
03-29-2021, 04:20 PM
Materiał and hand made gluing process from Tenergy is always the same, maybe they can change different sponge or better quality of topsheet but recepture is the same....
ESN products for myself (fck you esn that you won't give me pro rubbers) will be different than for pro player.
so for pro player the difference will be in different trajectory and sometimes different feeling so esn after all my advices should end production of old rubbers and make less products but more pro rubbers for 100$ or more and see how they will kickout Tamasu from market, but of course outsourcing brands have billion old rubbers in the stock and they won't end a lot of rubbers because they were too cheap in productions cost and still make money from them.

mocker88
05-13-2021, 06:04 AM
Xiom Omega V Tour is really nice, but not as bouncy as Tenergy 05.

Gozo
05-13-2021, 08:50 AM
At the not so pro level, Xiom Vega Europe is a good BH alternative to T05. And more friendly to the pocket too.

alas26
05-14-2021, 01:26 PM
Did anyone mention Nittaku FastArc G1 yet?

I think the spin is similar but it’s a little less bouncy. Also, I think the feel is a bit more muted until you start counter looping with it.

I’ve ended up with T64 on my BH instead and I’m not going back to anything else!

GrayGhost
05-14-2021, 05:38 PM
I know a 2600 player that uses Rozena over Tenergy for cost savings.

TTHopeful
05-17-2021, 02:59 PM
Now in 2021, what comes close to 05?

Brs
05-17-2021, 09:00 PM
More practice.

Murre5
05-17-2021, 09:23 PM
I don't feel like the new rubbers that are coming out are trying to be similar to tenergy 05 anymore, like they were before. So I wouldn't look at the new stuff being released. Personally if I wanted a T05 rubber I would go for Nittaku G1 fastarc

Baal
05-17-2021, 09:27 PM

virtuososiu
05-17-2021, 10:39 PM
More practice.
kind of true

Airoc
05-18-2021, 08:56 AM
In all the years of trying, noone developed a rubber that felt like t05.
You might argue that new ESN rubbers for a while have out-performed t05 in some respects, but still the feeling remained unique.

The new Evolution MX-D puts an end to that.

I never understood why MX-P was heralded as an alternative. Nice enough, powerful, surely one you could play with if you were willing to sacrifice the unique feeling in order to save money.
Vega Pro/Fastarc (same generation ESN) share some characteristics (not too bouncy), but you don´t see them where the sport gets serious.
Likewise, all the new ultramaxx/maxxx/max+ stuff is in a category of its own.

Again, for me it is not about whether some rubber offers 5 % more spin or 5 % more speed: Nothing ever felt like t05 during ball contact, some unique feeling that is hard to describe, but gives you confidence about your shot accuracy.

And Evolution MX-D has just that.

UpSideDownCarl
05-19-2021, 01:19 AM
I am always entertained by how frequently this old old old thread gets woken up and people jump in as though it is not over 10 years old. :)

zeio
05-19-2021, 03:39 AM
The OP was last active 2 weeks ago. I wonder what adjective he'd use now to describe the price. His use of astronomical is really fitting here, seeing the universe is still expanding at an increasing speed. Butterfly is merely taking a page from nature. So deep.
Bump.

OP last active April, 2021.

brokenball
05-19-2021, 06:29 AM
This thread is so stupid.
Baal has already made it clear long ago on this and other threads that what you feel happened many milliseconds ago.
Feelings do not trump facts.
The question that no one has answered is, what can T05 do that other rubbers cannot?
No one has answered this questions over many years.
Over the years I have bought 4 sheet of T05 and 2 sheets of T25. I still play is one of the T25 sheets even though it is 9 years old.
I do agree that Tenergys seem to last a long time. However, I don't agree they are magic and can do special things that other rubbers cannot.
That goes for the newer version of Butterfly rubbers too.

Airoc
05-19-2021, 07:31 AM
The question that no one has answered is, what can T05 do that other rubbers cannot?

There is no measurable answer, as in "the ball has 6% more rotation on a topspin hit with 72% angle".

But I am sure a lot of players would identify t05 in a blind test, whereas they very likely wouldn´t be able to tell an Evolution from an Omega and a Rhyzer from a Nexxus.

Airoc
05-19-2021, 07:42 AM
However, I don't agree they are magic and can do special things that other rubbers cannot.

Of course not.

When t05 first appeared, it was unrivaled by German or other Japanese rubbers in terms of spin, certainly a very good topsheet working together with a very good sponge.
But I guess German rubbers caught up and I also thought Mantra rubbers were the first really good Japanese rubbers in years.

The search for "the" alternative has been a dead end for years, so that many t05 users are now even wary to try - "No thanks, I know what I have here, and the price doesn´t matter."

So I guess we´ll be seeing t05 around for a while then, becoming the Sriver of its time.

zeio
05-22-2021, 03:41 PM
They've definitely closed the gap, but I wouldn't say ESN have caught up. On the contrary, I'm unimpressed with their development after 2012 (https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?24725-TSP-Super-Ventus-and-Ventus-Spin-Anyone-played-with-it&p=335512&viewfull=1#post335512). A series of experiments by Japanese youtuber Table Tennis Lab has reinforced that. The rebound height and angle at higher drop height show Butterfly still have the edge in terms of balance.

TT11's interview of MX-D is honest and fair.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoj8qH_dGJHF18zrxg93cPw/videosCredits to Takkyu LaboT05RozenaD05G1Rakza XVentus ExtraMX-DRelease date2008/4/212017/4/212019/4/12010/7/212014/102021/1
(superseded Super Ventus 2018/4)2021/3ColorBlackBlackBlackBlackBlackBlackBlackThickness(mm)/hardness(°)2.1/362.1/352.1/40Super thick/37.5Max/45-50Max/47.5+-32.1/51.5Size(mm^2)/weight(g)167x180/70167x180/69167x180/70170x170/68170x170/72167x170/74167x178/76Area/weight(mm^2/g)429435429425401384391Bounce test(cm)
50cm33.131.832.630.73032.132.2100cm58.256.857.355.153.557.156.6188cm90.387.789.286.184.190.288.7Spin test(rps)
50cm14.7214.21514.7815.115.515.4Rebound angle24.523.525.725.225.324.525.7188cm15.1115.11515.78161616.2Rebound angle13.314.91413.615.415.316.6

Simas
05-22-2021, 07:25 PM
It's easy. The best alternative to Tenergy is Dignics. Ask Butterfly 🤣🤣🤣

bobpuls
05-23-2021, 06:56 PM
I still prefer cornilleau... More stable and controlled rubber. Not mention the price

Tim Boll
07-13-2021, 07:59 AM
T05----Tibhar MX-S rubber
T80----Tibhar MX-D rubber (https://www.tabletennisday.com/review/tibhar-evolution-mx-d-review.html)
T64----Tibhar MX-P rubber (https://www.tabletennisday.com/review/tibhar-evolution-mxp-review.html)