is table tennis a sport

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
i hate it when people say that table tennis isnt a sport n that its only a game andoesnt require much movement or physical fitness

do u think table tennis is a sport?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
everyone here considers table tennis a sport... I myself think that table tennis is one of the hardest sports in the world...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
only idiot can say that tt is a easy sport....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Well, you should say them this "sport" is on the Olympics.

I'm pretty the Olympics are composed by sports...right?

Yeah but they have archery too so the argument is weakened because of that. So what if people call it a game, it is a game. It is also a sport, but not in the technical sense of the term. Technically only things like hunting are true sports. The people that don't think of it as a sport can't play it as a sport, so their opinions are worthless from my point of view.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yeah! Good thread! Ive come acroos so many people in my time who think table tennis is not a sport and doesn't require fitness or anything! I guess that's how its perceived when you have never watched it before. Dam TV need to promote TT more !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Yeah, I also get annoyed when people say TT isn't a sport. There is no point fighting it though, especially if its unwillful ignorance. I mean, if you try to understand what people think of when they hear table tennis then you'd have to agree that its not a sport. You also can't blame most of these people because they never had the exposure to know any better. I mostly avoid this topic or if I know someone well enough and think they could get attracted to the sport, I will try to bring them to play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I hate these ignorant bastards who says that table tennis aren't a sport! And those who says that it's the easiest sport in the world because you are just standing still and that you don't need to do anything to hit the ball! We all know that this is far from true!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I think this notion of Table Tennis not being a sport is more prevalent in the North American society. I doubt there are a lot of people in China who think that Table Tennis is not a sport. Underexposure of Table Tennis is to blame. People just think it's about standing on the opposite sides of the table and hitting the ball over the net - a watered down version of tennis! Hence, the majority of the population remains ignorant of the complexity and creativity needed to play this game decently. And as Charles Darwin puts it "Ignorance more often begets confidence than does knowledge."

Last edited:
This user has no status.
if you ask someone: whats the difference between ping pong and table tennis? some of them would asnwering: Isnt it the same thing?

my answer: yes and no. chinese call table tennis: ping pang ball. but here in switzerland are ping pong and table tennis not the same thing.

ping pong is on the beach, standing around, hitting the ball, you know. table tennis is, what we are doing, you know. ;)

at last: table tennis IS sport.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Yes the only sport name another sport u are so close to your opponent ,u have to have incredible reflexes,etc i <3 Table Tennis just like all of us!!!