Double Fish Balls

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I purchased 144 double fish practice balls from Hi-Qua Sports. They are all pretty spherical, with an occasional oblong ball. These balls are great for service practice, when tend to brush the ball more than strike it. These balls tend to crumple more easily, however, and compress when struck flatly. This makes the ball seem dead, with less bounce. Again great for service because the focus is usually on spin during service. These can also be used for looping, it will help you distinguish a good brush stroke from a more flat hit by witnessing the difference in feel, sound, and bounce when the ball is compressed, ie. hit flatly instead of brushstroked. I paid 25 dollars plus about 5 dollars shipping, so 30 total for 144 balls. Not a bad deal.

uhm double fish is a really known brand in China .Personally I like it for serve training and drills only. but in a match i like to prefer stiga optimum

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...
Nov 2010
Double fish balls are quite a nice ball. They are quite a hard ball and you don't get many bad ones. The one thing about DF balls is that they do crack very easily when they are cold so don't leave them out in the car in this weather and then play with them or you will get through a box in 5 mins. When warm they are fine.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I think I might try some Double Fish 3 stars soon. I just went through a box of DHS 3 star and felt like they cracked way too soon. The practice balls are no good for games, they compress too easily.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I like Double Fish about as much as DHS 3 stars. With these kinds of balls though I weigh durability more than other criteria. For this price range I like 729 the most, specifically the ones that come in a cheezy lightning graphic box of 3.