PDA

View Full Version : Ask Dimitrij Ovtcharov!

TableTennisDaily
08-20-2012, 09:53 PM
We are going to interview Dimitrij Ovtcharov everyone! What would you like to ask the London 2012 Men's Singles Bronze Medalist?

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/dimawithmedals.jpg

CamiloG
08-20-2012, 09:56 PM
How did you feel in the 7th set against M. Maze??

DimitrijOvtcharov
08-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Dima you are the best keep it on. ;)

WiWa
08-20-2012, 10:02 PM
Why Dima, why did you beat Maze? :(:(:( No, just kidding :p

I wonder how he feels about his future, what he wants to achieve. He is in fact the most succesful Olympic table tennis player besides the Chinese already now: team silver and singles bronze is almost like the best you can get if you aren't Chinese :p
How close does he feel he is to Zhang Jike and Ma Long in terms of skill and how is he gonna close that gap? He is still young and European players usually have their peak in late 20s, while Zhang and Ma are almost at their peak now I think. I wonder what his opinion is on this :)

Spieler2010
08-20-2012, 10:02 PM
How was the feeling in the team-competition, when you were, after your medal in the single-competition, the true nr. 1 of german table tennis for the first time?? sry for bad english :-)

General_Specific
08-20-2012, 10:11 PM
China, Japan, South Korea, and France seem to have a lot of strong youth players. What do you think of the younger German players and in what direction do you see German and European table tennis going in?

TableTennisDaily
08-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Fantastic questions everyone! Please keep them coming! :)

Filip
08-20-2012, 11:27 PM
How is it possible that you dare to serve to times long and fast with your forehand at 8-6 for Maze in the 7th set at the olympic games in the quarter final? That's really crazy, everyone would serve two times short

ivandri
08-21-2012, 03:28 AM
how do you feel about the olympics and getting both of the bronze medal?

SpartonNZL
08-21-2012, 03:37 AM
How do you feel to have fans all the way from New Zealand, across the world?

renben
08-21-2012, 04:18 AM
What rubbers and blade are you using? Have you been using them since you started playing?
Who taught you that tomahawk serve? Do you suggest amateurs to mimic that serve?

kevin septian
08-21-2012, 05:38 AM
How do you feel when you fight against China and what do you think about ma long and zhang jike?

YosuaYosan
08-21-2012, 07:30 AM
This is fantastique! Thanks to TTD and Dima for this OH YESS :D

Dear Dima,
If I may ask you a few questions:
1. How important is backhand in the modern game of table tennis?
2. What is your view about the new poly ball?

Thanks in advance, Olympic medallist!

Joecho!
08-21-2012, 09:23 AM
At the Olympics Timo Boll said of DO that 'He is maybe not the most talented, but he lives table tennis.' Does he believe that table tennis is a game anyone can develop the skills for, or does it require a talent that only some have? In which case, what would that talent be (hand-eye co-ordination etc?)?

strangeloop
08-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Thanks Dan for the opportunity!

1. How important is equipment in the formative years of a player? What did you use and how did you choose?
2. How do you divide your time between physical exercises and time spent at the table?
3. How did you learn to read the opponent? For example, what do you do when you are playing someone for the first time and have not seen any video footage of him before?

Michal_Z
08-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Well my question is:
In the age of chinese dominance, you might want to beat the chinese.
But that is not an easy task to do - best way is to learn them as good as possible.
Are you considering to play in some chinese team in next Chinese Super League?
Do you think it could move you forward to be equal to them?

Another question:
Why do you use backhand push on the forehand side? You lose so many points doing that! Dont you know forehand push?

TableTennisDaily
08-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Questions have just been sent everyone :) Hopefully will have the interview soon :)

Michal_Z
08-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Questions have just been sent everyone :) Hopefully will have the interview soon :)
Hey I hope mine questions were included!!!
If not, add them please ;)

TableTennisDaily
08-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Hey I hope mine questions were included!!!
If not, add them please ;)

Haha don't worry I re added them and re sent. I hope he isn't scared how many questions there are lol

Michal_Z
08-21-2012, 10:30 AM
I am very curious about my second question about that stupid push :D
I hope he doesnt get mad at me, hehe..

judah000
08-21-2012, 11:04 AM
How do find your serves effective to the pros? Although it is quite a basic serve and is very obvoius in the kind of spin you are putting. ( just curios)

Bollforte94
08-21-2012, 11:17 AM

He will find you ..... and kill you (with a lethal backhand of course)

Michal_Z
08-21-2012, 11:58 AM
He will find you ..... and kill you (with a lethal backhand of course)
If it will be that backhand push, it wont be that lethal, lol :D

Der_Echte
08-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Why Dima, why did you beat Maze? :(:(:( No, just kidding :p

I wonder how he feels about his future, what he wants to achieve. He is in fact the most succesful Olympic table tennis player besides the Chinese already now: team silver and singles bronze is almost like the best you can get if you aren't Chinese :p
How close does he feel he is to Zhang Jike and Ma Long in terms of skill and how is he gonna close that gap? He is still young and European players usually have their peak in late 20s, while Zhang and Ma are almost at their peak now I think. I wonder what his opinion is on this :)

Uh, I think Ryu Seung Min might have something to say about that... So might Yoo Nam Kyu, who won the first ever Gold in Olympic history... Neither are Chinese, but I get the point of what you are saying though. :)

Der_Echte
08-21-2012, 02:15 PM
What I want to know is...

When Dima is doin' hiz BH serve from the FH corner... is he really checking the underside of the table for a full ten count to detect hidden explosives before he serves and goes banannas on BH attack?

Michal_Z
08-21-2012, 02:56 PM
what i want to know is...when dima is doin' hiz bh serve from the fh corner... Is he really checking the underside of the table for a full ten count to detect hidden explosives before he serves and goes banannas on bh attack? .. :d .. :d .. :d ..

cmetsbeltran15
08-22-2012, 12:26 AM
Dima will you be my doubles partner at Los Angeles Open

(joking, won't even be there =[ )

WiWa
08-22-2012, 06:14 AM
Uh, I think Ryu Seung Min might have something to say about that... So might Yoo Nam Kyu, who won the first ever Gold in Olympic history... Neither are Chinese, but I get the point of what you are saying though. :)

That's what the 'almost' and the :P were for xD I remember a certain Waldner being non-Chinese too ;)

Steven
08-22-2012, 08:48 AM
Hey Dimitrij, congrats on your Olympic medals!
I'd like to ask a question about your game... Many people say your best "weapon" is your service...But which aspect of your game do you consider the best? And is there anything you really want to improve?

Der_Echte
08-22-2012, 12:47 PM
That's what the 'almost' and the :P were for xD I remember a certain Waldner being non-Chinese too ;)

That is AFFIRMATIVE, Ghost Rider...

TTFrenzy
08-22-2012, 01:44 PM
One more question ! I have observed that many times when opponent is serving close to the net at his FH he doenst receive with FH but with BH push (resulting in time reaction loss) and he uses FH flick in very special occasions (when the serve is bad/bouncy) . I see that many times he loses points due to this "unorthodox" way of receiving these serves (though most of the times he is fast enough to recover) , now that he is a world class player isnt it about time to develop strategic FH push or flick ?

Many greetings from Greece !

Thomash
08-23-2012, 09:43 PM
What do you think about Timo's performance in single event (Olympics)?

Michal_Z
08-23-2012, 10:22 PM
One more question ! I have observed that many times when opponent is serving close to the net at his FH he doenst receive with FH but with BH push (resulting in time reaction loss) and he uses FH flick in very special occasions (when the serve is bad/bouncy) . I see that many times he loses points due to this "unorthodox" way of receiving these serves (though most of the times he is fast enough to recover) , now that he is a world class player isnt it about time to develop strategic FH push or flick ?

Many greetings from Greece !
In fact, I already asked that one ;)

TTFrenzy
08-24-2012, 03:43 PM
michal z excuse me i didnt notice that mate , i was so enthusiastic about the fact that we could asked questions to dima so i went straight on postin ! You are right though , but i asked a few more questions about his strokes to his "close to the net" FH area :D

Michal_Z
09-04-2012, 05:28 PM
michal z excuse me i didnt notice that mate , i was so enthusiastic about the fact that we could asked questions to dima so i went straight on postin ! You are right though , but i asked a few more questions about his strokes to his "close to the net" FH area :D
NP :)

Anyways - when will we get the answers finally???

Michal_Z
09-22-2012, 07:27 AM
Once again I ask - what is with the answers ??
I saw many posts from Ovtcharov at his FB site, he has even time to upload videos..
So what happened with answers??
I know many are waiting for them!

strangeloop
09-25-2012, 04:59 AM
Can I +1 this post?

Dan
09-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Once again I ask - what is with the answers ??
I saw many posts from Ovtcharov at his FB site, he has even time to upload videos..
So what happened with answers??
I know many are waiting for them!

Hi Michal,, I spoke to Dima the other day he said he will do them as soon as possible... fingers crossed :)

Michal_Z
09-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Well, he has time to upload videos from his training sessions on facebook..
I really doubt he has no time to answer question ;)

He is just lazy :P

Or ashamed that we noticed his backhand push on the forehand side :D

ttmonster
09-25-2012, 11:24 PM
Agree Michal

Well, he has time to upload videos from his training sessions on facebook..
I really doubt he has no time to answer question ;)

He is just lazy :P

Or ashamed that we noticed his backhand push on the forehand side :D

Michal_Z
01-21-2013, 12:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QshJLFX_U68

:D :D :D

amekun
01-22-2013, 06:34 AM
how can i get an autograph :D

dor
01-22-2013, 08:00 AM
soon you gonna be best european player you think you can broke the chinese dominance like timo boll did?

TableTennisDaily
01-22-2013, 01:04 PM
Thanks for all your requests everyone. I will try get Dimitrij Ovtcharov to reply to your questions again :)

TableTennisDK
01-22-2013, 02:58 PM
How often du you change your rubbers? Do you boost your equipment? Which booster du you use?

jeffrey_burkholder
11-23-2015, 06:49 AM
Dimitrij Ovtcharov or Dmytro Ovtcharov is a Ukrainian-born German table tennis player. His father Mykhailo has moved his family to Germany shortly after Dimitrij was born.he is a great man

gmiller2233
10-19-2017, 02:03 PM
Would love to hear a few tips from dimitrij for the general non pro table tennis enthusiast, in regards to both developing and game strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boogar
10-19-2017, 02:08 PM
Wow... I got excited for nothing... This thread is so old it has grey hair alrdy.

gmiller2233
10-20-2017, 07:24 PM
Yes lol. I need to read the date’s threads were posted more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giangt
10-20-2017, 08:32 PM
The necromancy on a high level!