New bat for a friend

This user has no status.
One of my friends needs a new blade and rubbers, as he is improving very little. He is using Sriver EL on bh and fh, on a yellow andro kinetic supreme off+ (which I think is where the biggest problem lies) its his second bat. He's been playing for 2 years now, he still has a hard time spinning the ball which is no wonder because I tried his bat myself and the rubbers are dead. Would Yasaka Sweden Classic be a good replacement as a blade?
I would like some suggestions as to blade + rubbers for him :)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I have an Andro Kinetic OFF or OFF+ as one of my work bats. I equipped it with XP 2008, which is similar in performance to Sriver. I find that bat very controlable and somewhat slow. A beginner attacker wannbe could learn the game with that bat just fine. I would say replace the rubbers if needed, but Sriver has a way of lasting pretty long. If the Sriver is more than a couple years old, get some cheap non-tacky control rubber and have at it, or by expensive Tenergeys, whatever floats the boat.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I would try to find as soft and as thick a rubber or may be something tacky that can hold the ball. The primary problem with OFF+ blades ( e.g Gergley ) is that it does not let you hold the ball on the paddle .. direct consequence its hard to loop with that kind of an equipment, and the player slowly becomes a mid distance blocker. If that does not work , I will change to a more traditional setup. Believe me, from my little exposure , the OFF + blade and slow rubber is not a good compromise or equivalent of OFF- blade with a faster rubber. There is a reason why the rubber companies are making money :)

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I can spin the ball just fine with the Kinetic OFF with XP 2008. That blade has enough dwell for looping. If you slap the ball, it can really go, but there is plenty of ability to spin the ball with that blade. With XP 2008, that bat feels way slower than Aurus on a TBS, which is a slower blade.