choosing blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
i don't know about rosewood xo, but i do know that timo boll zlf is faster than timo boll alc. A viscaria may work for u, its slower than tb alc, i use taksim, which is a alc composite blade, almost the same as viscaria, if u use these two blades, the speed is from ur stroke.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
To be honest to you I had a brief run with a borrowed Viscaria on one Saturday league and I suprised myself with my play having broken my erstwhile setup ( Waldner Ultra Senso with Tenergy 05/64 FH / BH . The Viscaria had 05/64 and it was awesome to play with with a nice "crisp" feel. However, I feel Zhang Jike is a tad more softer with better feeling and a very nice blade for blocking. If you like dead blocking then this is the one to go with. The ball just drops from opposite side after you block if you get it right. So the differences are minute , I like Viscaria handle better than Zhang Jike's , and ideally I would suggest if you get the chance try both and see which feels right for you. Its a very delicate difference

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Stiga clipper classic or eb v. rosewood xo is faster with great short game but not that powerfull as clipper or eb.
also optimum sync.
if you want a looping blade you can try and zetro quad of Xiom with soft/medium rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I know that , but there are differences and I can personally tell you a lot of really good players say it is not a copy of Viscaria and I tend to agree with that. I would suggest a comparison with the exact same rubbers and then coming to the conclusion. Because most people have not compared them with the exact same rubber.
ok thanks ttmonster, most people say the zhang jike blade is just a copy of the viscaria, but with a new handle and design.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I personally use Donic Person power play and it's excellent :D It's soft, perfect in every distance and in every situation. I've been using this blade for 3-4 yars now and it's always good now matter how fast you're improving in table tennis :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
From the description, Sir I might reccomend a blade with:
Medium-soft feel (spin oriented), contains arylate carbon if there are any composite (little to no vibration)and has a balsa core (good range of gear, helps generate power mid distance).
Blocking is more in the rubber imo, but balsa would help in blocking.

Haven't tried much blade but I hope my particular knowledge in blade composition and hardness could help you, Sir.

Edit: Balsa itself however is not the ideal blade for longer distance table tennis after I did some research. Probably balsa wood with powerful outer plies would be needed if you are choosing balsa cored blades.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
i don't know about rosewood xo, but i do know that timo boll zlf is faster than timo boll alc. A viscaria may work for u, its slower than tb alc, i use taksim, which is a alc composite blade, almost the same as viscaria, if u use these two blades, the speed is from ur stroke.

hmmm weird it felt to me like alc is faster than zlf . when i tried zlf i thought it is a great blade i like its power, its block and a lot the third ball attack also it had good topspin to topspin ! perhaps im wrong because i tried it only 15-20 minutes !:p

This user has no status.
Try Viscaria / Zhang Jike , in that order . Both of these have a fairly large sweet spot and less vibration.

that sounds good but i have a m.maze and i like it a lot but is kinda heavy for the rubbers i want to put on it ! ill put H3 neo and 05 !
so it may be too much ! i dont care a lot about the weight but with this combination i think it will be overweight

This user has no status.
From the description, Sir I might reccomend a blade with:
Medium-soft feel (spin oriented), contains arylate carbon if there are any composite (little to no vibration)and has a balsa core (good range of gear, helps generate power mid distance).
Blocking is more in the rubber imo, but balsa would help in blocking.

Haven't tried much blade but I hope my particular knowledge in blade composition and hardness could help you, Sir.

Edit: Balsa itself however is not the ideal blade for longer distance table tennis after I did some research. Probably balsa wood with powerful outer plies would be needed if you are choosing balsa cored blades.

have you got something in mind??

This user has no status.
Stiga clipper classic or eb v. rosewood xo is faster with great short game but not that powerfull as clipper or eb.
also optimum sync.
if you want a looping blade you can try and zetro quad of Xiom with soft/medium rubbers.

ive got a clipper WRB but its too head heavy and also speedy ! XO is good from mid distance ?
as for the other blades i havent tried them or hear about them

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
if you have the power it is ok with hard rubber. i prefer eb v for this reason, much better topspin.i took xo because i wanted sth faster than eb v but probably i will switch to eb v. plus i like very much the feeling of ebenholz.