PDA

View Full Version : Zhang Ji Ke's technique--banana flick in detail

Tommy Lee
09-04-2012, 07:10 AM
All documents are from Chinese TT magzine "PingPong world", it detailed introduce Zhang Ji Ke's backhand flick, very good stuff !

Tommy Lee
09-04-2012, 07:11 AM
Last one

ze wizard
09-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Thx you for this paper, I think it is very interessting, Anyone can translate in english please ?

ays4real
09-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the post. I would try to perfect in the flick .

mrrybnik
09-04-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm definitely gonna try this out, looks cool :D has anyone done that before ? Is it hard ? ;)

YosuaYosan
09-05-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm definitely gonna try this out, looks cool :D has anyone done that before ? Is it hard ? ;)

All you need is a good power transfer and flexible playing hand.
Power and speed comes after lots of training.

mrrybnik
09-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Power and speed comes after lots of training. Ah ok, thanks for your help :)

Tommy Lee
09-06-2012, 03:43 AM
Power and speed comes after lots of training.
Agree, also need enough strength in wrist.

ttmonster
03-20-2014, 06:40 AM
I had seen an english version of this somewhere, does anybody have the link to that. I faintly remember it being there in some butterfly portal but can't find it anymore :(

C├ędi99TT
03-20-2014, 08:26 AM
Zhang Jike's flick is impossible

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

ttmonster
03-20-2014, 08:55 AM
No it is not , it takes about 3-4 months to master the stroke if you have the correct people to feed you the ball . However, the difficult part is to master the footwork to come back to your ready position in the backhand corner to take the follow up shot.

However, I was not interested in the flick , I was interested in the Zhang Jike's technique details, the article from bokkett was posted in english somewhere, anybody has a clue ?

Alborz
03-20-2014, 09:35 AM
As ttmonster said, the hardest part is to get back into position to receive the next ball. Look at the legs of Zhang Jike. They are huge because without that legs he will not be able to get back into position fast enough.

Amayzde
03-20-2014, 05:10 PM
I think you have to change your grip a bit for the stroke so you your wrist is not locked

Irkutt
03-22-2014, 02:10 AM
that's very interesting, thank you

ttmonster
03-22-2014, 03:26 PM
I think you have to change your grip a bit for the stroke so you your wrist is not locked

Probably not true, this is what my knowledge says and I am not claiming absolute truth here , just my understanding . There are two kinds of grip , the shallow grip which is more suited for forehand , but back hand can be played with this grip with a little less feeling because your thumb is further down the paddle. Compared to this you have the deep grip where you thumb and forefinger is completely and as much as possible on the rubber. This helps you with a better backhand because you have more feeling on the backhand with this grip. I believe Zhang Jike uses this grip and its also one of the reasons why his forehands always have a little more sidespin than say a Ma Long forehand. On his forehand he has to take the ball a little later and generate his own spin instead of taking it early. I guess Fan Zhendong has discovered the solution to this problem and that why he has a better counter than Zhang jike :P

Alborz
03-22-2014, 03:59 PM
Probably not true, this is what my knowledge says and I am not claiming absolute truth here , just my understanding . There are two kinds of grip , the shallow grip which is more suited for forehand , but back hand can be played with this grip with a little less feeling because your thumb is further down the paddle. Compared to this you have the deep grip where you thumb and forefinger is completely and as much as possible on the rubber. This helps you with a better backhand because you have more feeling on the backhand with this grip. I believe Zhang Jike uses this grip and its also one of the reasons why his forehands always have a little more sidespin than say a Ma Long forehand. On his forehand he has to take the ball a little later and generate his own spin instead of taking it early. I guess Fan Zhendong has discovered the solution to this problem and that why he has a better counter than Zhang jike :PAs far as i see both Zhang Jike and Ma Long, especially Ma Long, change their grips for backhand and forehand.Fan Zhendong forehand counter topspin is not better than Zhang Jike. And if it was, it can have several reasons like Fan trains more forehands and so.

SquareBall
03-22-2014, 06:04 PM
Whether its correct and effective to change your grip for backhand and forehand i think is something that needs an answer .. I have caught myself changing grip to backhand some times and i had been told its mistaken so i dont do it anymore. Whats do you think ? Which way is better ?

MDanielCRO
03-22-2014, 06:51 PM
If you do it with enough speed, it's okay. But if you sometimes change it and sometimes you are just too late, you can have some problems, like me before

ttmonster
03-22-2014, 08:54 PM
The majority view is that changing grip is not okay unless you are boy prodigy like Timo or Ma Long :P
Whether its correct and effective to change your grip for backhand and forehand i think is something that needs an answer .. I have caught myself changing grip to backhand some times and i had been told its mistaken so i dont do it anymore. Whats do you think ? Which way is better ?