galaxy T 8 and T-11

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
DDK, where you at in Korea? I also forever use TBS as a main bat. Great balance of control and ability to make the shots.

I have used both and I traded them away for a good reason. Both were too fast! Way too fast. Not in overall speed, but there is almost ZERO dwell on the T11 and only a little on the T-8. I require some dwell (like the TBS) to make my kind of looping. Can't do my kind of looping very well with ANY of the T-Series. The ball leaves the bat before I can get any spin going. I have a very fast impact and it is hard to make my kind of loop with those blades.

If you prefer to make loopdrives the Korean way (very forward solid contact) or you are a player who doesn't loop and uses only FH slap (korean HWA), then you will like the T-Series blades. Achuma types who like to play with OX LP on BH would LOVE this kind of blade as they are crazy over a fast OFF++ blade for their FH blasts and LP punches.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I moved to Guam but i played in Paju gyoha and my coach was the pro player named park jong hyuk. I play with a korean and a chinese loop depending on the situation but my coach told me to play with a more solid contact

Paju! I played a national open tourney there in early 2010 when I waz div 5 natl. Nowadays, I try to enter as div national and the tourney director calls bull**** on that every time and moves me into div 3 and a faster death. I play div 2 city Uijeongbu and div 3 seoul city. maybe we saw each other at a tourney someplace or at Daum TTA's weekly hitup at Korea TTC (Sat) or LJC (Tues)...

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
As for what the coaches always seem to say... many are so old-school, but with Korea's success at Amature and pro levels, there is a method to their madness. if coach says one should use a more forward swing and contact the ball earlier, he or she usually knows what is going on. If you play more of a driving game as opposed to spinning the ball up, you will like any of the Galaxy T-Series. All of them are rediculous fast and very crisp. You would prolly like the T-8 the most as it makes drives and has a small ability in spinning over the rest of the T-Series.

For me, the T-Series blades simply did not suit me. Not that I couldn't handle a fast blade. (I think T05 on a Schlager Carbon is very controlable for the kind of game I play) It is that that when trying to slow and medium spin the ball, the ball left the bat too early to get the spin I need, even if I put on a turtle-like slow soft sponged rubber. I rely on teh spin and feel for control. The t-Series didn't have it for me, but that doesn't mean that there are unusable blades for some players.

I know a TAK9.com sponsored chopper who uses a Nexy Oscar (an Arlyte/Carbon blade that is about as fast as Schlager Carbon). The Oscar is not only top-end fast, but the ball leaves real early. It is suited to those who speed-drive at top of bounce,which a lot of old-school Koreans do well and also just about all of the females do.