Blade recommendations?

This user has no status.
Uhh hi guys. What blades would be the best if I wanted an all-wood blade with good dwell time and amazing combo of speed and spin? I'd be more than happy if you gave me both cheap (20-60 $) and top line blades, so I can choose. =) I'm looking more into the combo of price and quality so yeah. Thaanks! Oh btw I plan on using Tenergy 25 FH (because I've used Chinese rubbers ever since) and Rakza 7 Soft BH (I like smart blocking and drives). THANKS again! :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
personally when it is about all-wood blade i go with stiga (i have not tried enough other brands).
clipper for low price, ebenholz-rosewood if you don't mind the price. dhs also, dynamic blades.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
If you want to spend $60, try Yasaka Extra Offensive, simply a looping machine that will last you your lifetime. A great balance of speed/spin/control that is time proven.

If you want to spend minimum Dollar and be able to spin the ball like a mad scientist, go for the Galaxy/Yinhe 896. (About $20 USD) It is ALL+ and will spin at ward speed RPM all day and night under any conditions.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Another obvious choice just above $60 USD is the BTY Korbel. Many pros still use this very controlable OFF blade.

If you were in the market for a composite blade, I would say my forever main blade, the TBS, but you want all wood, control, power and ability to spin.

BTW, yesterday at teh club, one of our Korean J-Pen players (div 4 est USATT 1600) decided to change to shakehand grip (like many Korean coaches are recommending nowadays) and got him a setup. He is now weilding a Stiga Optimum Plus, an OFF stiga blade. I tried it out with my rubbers of Aurus/XP 2008 and it plays well. Has the spin and speed for an OFF game. Cost is under $60 USD, but I do not like vibrating Stiga blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
I got a DHS PG7 recently.. Playing with it for exactly 1 week now.. paired with DHS H3 Neo Provincial on FH and Xiom Omega IV Pro on backhand.. This feels heavy. I don't know if it's really an OFF+ blade. It has plenty of control. I changed to it from Stiga Offensive classic WRB. I don't feel PG7 is much faster than the OC. I will probably write my thoughts on this setup in a separate thread. It feels like a faster, spinnier Stiga All round classic with same amount of control.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Yeah My Optimum Sync vibrates too, but I haven't tried much blades to say I hate it. I've always used all-wood, so I wanna stick to it till I improve greatly. How about DHS PG7? Is that worth the money? Or BTY Primorac? I'd like a speed beast with decent spin for my serves, as I've said. Thanks again. =))

None of the blades I have suggested, or even the Primorac is a NOT speed demon, although the Primorac is an excellent low range of the OFF scale blade suitable for many offensive players. I do not think a blade exists with the properties you seek. You can get some spin potential, but with that, you wont get OFF+ speed, maybe OFF at tops. If you consider OFF speed class blazing speed, then there are a number of blades that will fit those specs, many already suggested.

A Schlager Carbon equipped with T05 is spinny as all let-out and not as uncontrolable as it might seem. T05 really isn't a blazing fast rubber. Since the spin is nice, it allows players using anything more than an ALL+ blade to hit harder and keep it on the table, making it seem like T05 is a hot-shot speedster, but it really isn't.

If you are still developing your game, I would say stick to equipment that suits your desired playing style and work with a coach, which you might be doing already.

You keep emphesizing spin on serves. Although the blade plays a part, it is not such a large part as when you loop. One generates excellent spin on serve by having a very fast bat speed, with fine graze touch, bat angle horizontal to table for underspin and tilted in other angles for different depths and spin. It is more a matter of developing the right posture, the right timing/coordination of your body, and a good touch for the graze to get heavy spin and keep it short. One does not need a tack rubber to serve heavy, just a great timing. The best servers can really use the wrist at impact. It takes time to develop this and it is pretty un-related to the type of blade you have.

You post a vid of you serving and I bet a number of members here can identify a few things for you to improve upon with you keeping the same equipment you use.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
Thanks for the replies. Now I know what I should be focusing on. =) So it goes down to: Yasaka Extra Offensive, Stiga Clipper, Butterfly Primorac, DHS PG7. Best balance between price and performance at least? :-?

why do you want to change your optimum sync?
the blades mentioned here are not that much different to it, the pg7 also probably worse quality.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Thanks for the replies. Now I know what I should be focusing on. =) So it goes down to: Yasaka Extra Offensive, Stiga Clipper, Butterfly Primorac, DHS PG7. Best balance between price and performance at least? :-?

YEO vibrates more than clipper and clipper is alot heavier than YEO so it depends on your preference, primorac is slower than YEO and clipper, cant speak much of PG7 since i havent tried it yet, but all those blades are not really speed demon like you mentioned, the fastest wood that ive tried is a 108 grams BTY mazunov,stiga ebenholz VII and rosewood VII, i personally love the clipper, clipper is an old model blade with enough power for modern games, its been around for decades and has been proven by time

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
YEO vibrates more than clipper and clipper is alot heavier than YEO so it depends on your preference, primorac is slower than YEO and clipper, cant speak much of PG7 since i havent tried it yet, but all those blades are not really speed demon like you mentioned, the fastest wood that ive tried is a 108 grams BTY mazunov,stiga ebenholz VII and rosewood VII, i personally love the clipper, clipper is an old model blade with enough power for modern games, its been around for decades and has been proven by time

This post pretty much sums up what I would have said.

I would add that Korbel is very much like the Primorac except a little faster. :)

I would also say that Der_Etche's comments are worth reading, especially the details of serving technique.

And one more piece of information. For an offensive player who is a lower level than 2000 (USATT rating), it is probably better to use an All Wood blade that is rated Off- or All+ than to use something faster than that and/or to use a composite blade.

The old Butterfly Jonyer Hinoki blade was a great all wood blade as well, and if you like Hinoki blades and don't mind the price tag the Darker 7p-2a (this one is Off-) and the Darker 7p-2a.7t (this one is Off) are amazing blades. These two blades might be the best 2 all wood blades out there, but they are pretty pricy.

Reactions: slevin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
i am also looking for a blade which best suits me...i have ma lin carbon as of the moment with ten64 and rakza7 on it, with my set up i cant figure out which is for my FH and BH coz it seems they play the same for me...that is why i thought of changing the blade...

i played an all wood blade for a long time before playing with the ma lin carbon..wood blades are better for my style,i'm not that on offense or defense, let us say all around and do a lot of FH top spin sometimes...the weight of the blade is important 4 me, i play a heavier blade like that of viscaria (but too expensive), a 90 gram or maybe higher....

so do you have any suggestions for a cheap all wood blade (i have considered 729 Bomb already but i think its light with only 85 grams) around $40-$60 that has Control, speed, and weighs 90 grams and above...?

thanks and more power!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
I'm not one to try out various blades and other equipment, but personally, I'd go with the STIGA Clipper WRB Blade; It's a pretty fast blade IMO, but I combined it with Yasaka Mark V on both sides (since it's my first custom made racket) so I still get some control and consistency, but obviously, it's your decision on the rubbers.

Yeah, personally, I'd go with the STIGA Clipper WRB; affordable, good blade, good feeling :D

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
i am also looking for a blade which best suits me...i have ma lin carbon as of the moment with ten64 and rakza7 on it, with my set up i cant figure out which is for my FH and BH coz it seems they play the same for me...that is why i thought of changing the blade...

i played an all wood blade for a long time before playing with the ma lin carbon..wood blades are better for my style,i'm not that on offense or defense, let us say all around and do a lot of FH top spin sometimes...the weight of the blade is important 4 me, i play a heavier blade like that of viscaria (but too expensive), a 90 gram or maybe higher....

so do you have any suggestions for a cheap all wood blade (i have considered 729 Bomb already but i think its light with only 85 grams) around $40-$60 that has Control, speed, and weighs 90 grams and above...?

thanks and more power!!!

It does sound like what you are looking for has Clipper written all over it. However, I would get a solid handle and not a WRB handle (WRB handle is hollow) if you like heavier blades. The WRB makes the racket head heavy but makes it weigh under 90 grams where most Clippers with a regular handle are over 90 grams.

However, if your reason for changing your blade is that ten64 and rakza7 feel the same to you and you cannot figure out which to use for backhand, then just keep playing with what you have. If they feel the same to you don't worry which one you use on your backhand. You could even just flip a coin to decide or keep on twiddling the racket.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
It does sound like what you are looking for has Clipper written all over it. However, I would get a solid handle and not a WRB handle (WRB handle is hollow) if you like heavier blades. The WRB makes the racket head heavy but makes it weigh under 90 grams where most Clippers with a regular handle are over 90 grams.

However, if your reason for changing your blade is that ten64 and rakza7 feel the same to you and you cannot figure out which to use for backhand, then just keep playing with what you have. If they feel the same to you don't worry which one you use on your backhand. You could even just flip a coin to decide or keep on twiddling the racket.

thank you sir carl, now i've decided to use clipper...btw, is clipper the same as the clipper classic or the clipper wood?

the combination i've got at present worsen my playing style so i'm planning to disassemble my present bat (ma lin carbon+RAKZA7+ten64)...

i also have purchased a calibra LT for my FH...to sum it up, i've got these equipments:
- clipper and ma lin carbon for blades
- calibra lt, rakza7, ten64

problem: combination?

can you help choose which goes to the clipper and to the ma lin carbon? i'm missing one more rubber, so what can you suggest?

thanks sir and More power!

Last edited: