Penholder Blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Hi,

I am a penholder, and I am currrently using a Ma Lin Extra Offensive. It is good so far, but since it is the only penhold blade I have used, I can't compare it with other penhold blades. I want to know if there are even better choices out there. My style is offensive, so allround blades are not for me. Control isnt an extremely important feature, but I would still like a blade that is controllable.

Thanks

says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
How does hurricane hao play like,can anyone give a review?
My feeling for Hurricane Hao (penhold blad):
Bald is a little thick and heavy, it is good for penholder to control the ball and to make drop shot in the table, also suit for fast attacks over the table. For forhand it is easy to "eat" the ball and make loop, in mid-distance also can give the ball more power and spin. For bachand, easy to borrow the forces and make spin.
My rubber is DHS skyline2 (FH) and dipper (BH)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
My feeling for Hurricane Hao (penhold blad):
Bald is a little thick and heavy, it is good for penholder to control the ball and to make drop shot in the table, also suit for fast attacks over the table. For forhand it is easy to "eat" the ball and make loop, in mid-distance also can give the ball more power and spin. For bachand, easy to borrow the forces and make spin.
My rubber is DHS skyline2 (FH) and dipper (BH)
does HH vibrate a lot?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Considering that you're not even considering of getting an allround blade because you "play offensive style" I think your playing level and kwonledge is rather low.
Therefore that is probably exatly what you should do; get a slower blade.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

says wah sama dong kalo gitu... maen pingpong dari kelas...
says wah sama dong kalo gitu... maen pingpong dari kelas...
Nov 2011
I use the butterfly taksim blade, it has a soft feel and no vibrations. Offensive type of blade. If you want something like yeo, try yasaka extra special, its like an upgrade of yeo.

@Svttc
No, don't try YES, it has no power. It will disappoint you, YEO is much better than YES. I agree YES is an upgrade, if we talk about control. Except you agree with JustAlt.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
I use Ma Lin Carbon it is fast with good feel but definitely slower than Extra Offensive which Ma Lin now uses. There are a lot of Offensice penhold blades there - Donic Epox Topspeed, Butterfly Firehand, Taksim, Gatien. Most of these baldes have less or no vibrations at all. Many reviews too are avalaible in the web. Hurricane Hao also is good.

Last edited: