says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The ITTF have just released the latest World rankings! The rankings were published by the International Table Tennis Federation on Wednesday 5th September 2012. The dominant Chinese National Men's Team take the top 5 spots of the world as Jun Mizutani drops to place 6.

wtttcchinawin2012.jpg

The Chinese National Men’s Team celebrate after beating Germany in the final
(left to right) Zhang Jike, Ma Long, Wang Hao, Liu Guoliang (coach), Ma Lin,
Zhang Jike -Photo by: Remy Gros​

--- Grand Slammer Zhang Jike still World No.1---​

Zhang Jike managed to win the WTTC, Men's Singles World Cup AND the Olympic Games in the past year and a half which makes him the obvious World No.1.

zhangno1june2012.jpg

Zhang Jike, Grand Slam Winner - Photo by: butterfly.tt

After the Olympics, players set of to the Czech and the Harmony China Open World Tour. The biggest jump among the elite top 10 was made by former World Number 1 of China Wang Liqin. Throughout the 21st century Wang Liqin has stood inside the top 10 rankings never falling out. Huge progress was seen by fellow compatriot Hao Shuai. In February 2007, Hao was ranked world no.7 however dropped to no.19. After the China Open with incredible successes over Timo Boll, Vladimir Samsonov and Wang Liqin, Hao is now back to world number 13.

The Chinese household of Zhang Jike, Ma Long, Xu Xin and Wang hao fill the top four positions of the world. Team mate Ma Lin who reached the semi final of the China Open losing closely to Wang Liqin has jumped from position 6 to 5. Japan's Jun Mizutani drops to no.7 followed by Germany's Timo Boll and Dimitrij Ovtcharov maintaining their seventh and ninth positions.

Likewise, no change for the elite Koreans as Joo See Hyuk and Oh Sang Eun retain their 11th and 12th positions respectively. Chinese Taipei's Chuang Chih Yuan drops two places to no.10 to make way for Wang Liqin.

The new Women's World Rankings display only 2 changes in the top 12. Kim Kyungah formerly at no.8 swaps places with Japan's Kasumi Ishikawa to no.5. No other change took place in the top 12 women's rankings

Other big changes:
32 (52) Christian Süss
40 (51) Taku Takakiwa
45 (55) Deo Hyundeok
85 (111) Fedor Kuzmin
56 (81) Jeong Sangeun
76 (305) Bai He
49 (78) Chen Chien-An
49 (60) Kim Minseok

Men's World Rankings

01 (<<) Zhang Jike
02 (<<) Ma Long
03 (<<) Xu Xin
04 (<<) Wang Hao
05 (06) Ma Lin
06 (05) Jun Mizutani
07 (<<) Timo Boll
08 (10) Wang Liqin
09 (<<) Dimitrij Ovtcharov
10 (08) Chuang Chih Yuan
11 (<<) Joo Se Hyuk
12 (<<) Oh Sang Eun
13 (19) Hao Shuai
14 (15) Vladimir Samsonov
15 (13) Gao Ning
16 (14) Chen Qi
17 (16) Ryu Seung Min
18 (17) Jiang Tianyi
19 (20) Lee Jung Woo
20 (18) Koki Niwa
21 (<<) Michael Maze
22 (<<) Adrian Crisan
23 (<<) Seiya Kishikawa
24 (<<) Marcos Freitas
25 (30) Zhan Jian ^^
26 (28) Tang Peng
27 (26) Bastian Steger
28 (26) Chen Weixing
29 (<<) Adrien Mattenet
30 (25) Patrick Baum
31 (<<) Alexander Shibaev
32 (33) Chan Kazuhiro

Full list of Men's World Rankings here

Women's World Rankings

01 (<<) Ding Ning
02 (<<) Li Xiaoxia
03 (<<) Liu Shiwen
04 (<<) Guo Yan
05 (08) Kim Kyung Ah
06 (<<) Ai Fukuhara
07 (<<) Feng Tianwei
08 (05) Kasumi Ishikawa
09 (<<) Guo Yue
10 (<<) Wang Yuegu
11 (<<) Wu Yang
12 (<<) Tie Yana

Full list of women's World Rankings here

What do you all think of the new world rankings? Will Zhang Jike ever leave the top spot? Could Xu Xin ever break into the top 2? Remember, the Russia Open has begun maybe we might see some changes! Let's discuss!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Wow I thought Samsonov was lower, It's good that his that 14. I hope Maze will get higher by the time passing, i miss him in top 10 ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Bai He made some serious upsets in Olomouc at Czech open ;)
He beat Tomas Konecny 4:0 first round, Wang Zengyi 4:2, then the biggest surprise he beat Chan Kazuhiro 4:3! That was a close one, 15:13 in the seventh, lol :D
But then, in quarterfinals, unfortunately he lost to Taku Takakiwa, so thats it..
But still, impressive!!!

btw Photo by: Remy Gros is gone somewhere, you may fix that ;)

I am happy for Bai He to jump that high, he is just 25 years old and he has some potential!
At the end of the month I should meet him in person :)

We have another future hope in Slovakia (yet it is another Chinese under our flag) - Wang Yang, a defender.
We will see, what he can do in the future..

Reactions: YosuaYosan and Dan

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Bai He made some serious upsets in Olomouc at Czech open ;)
He beat Tomas Konecny 4:0 first round, Wang Zengyi 4:2, then the biggest surprise he beat Chan Kazuhiro 4:3! That was a close one, 15:13 in the seventh, lol :D
But then, in quarterfinals, unfortunately he lost to Taku Takakiwa, so thats it..
But still, impressive!!!

btw Photo by: Remy Gros is gone somewhere, you may fix that ;)

I am happy for Bai He to jump that high, he is just 25 years old and he has some potential!
At the end of the month I should meet him in person :)

We have another future hope in Slovakia (yet it is another Chinese under our flag) - Wang Yang, a defender.
We will see, what he can do in the future..

I thought it was a mis print. Wow fantastic results. I didnt think he would jump that high just from 3 big wins tho....

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
He might get some extra points..
As once explained by Azlan, when you do an upset, you can get bonus up to 20 points.
And he did some serious upsets, he should lose to Wang Zengyi, not only to Kazuhiro..
He had 1537 points and now he got 2039 .. so thats 502 points, wov, huge!
I feel like there has to be something other too, but I dont know about anything..
But he also got some c sign in there, I have no idea what is the meaning..
Anyways, he is there, he is not the best ranked Slovak player, hehe..
So this is - as far as I remember - the first time that Slovakia is higher ranked than Czech..
I mean - our player is higher ranked.
Bai He is 76 and Prokopcov is 77, lol :D