DHS Hurricane 3 Neo Orange Sponge

I went to a table tennis shop today and saw a Hurricane 3 Neo Orange Sponge for only 16 euros, and they were completely real, so I got them! When I used it, it had massive spin, I tried it on my Donic Ovtcharov Senso V1 blade, how is this national version diff. from the normal one?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Can you show a picture of the sponge? There is a stamp for national and a stamp for professional. It's very difficult to get national versions and above average in difficulty to get provincial so I'm not certain what you're talking about. Provincial rubber can cost from 40-60 USD not sure what the conversion rate is for euros. National rubber is 100+ USD right now and that's the cost to purchase as a dealer. It's really hard to get National version in stock to sell in a retail store.

If you send pictures I'd like to verify if it is really National version.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
Can you show a picture of the sponge? There is a stamp for national and a stamp for professional. It's very difficult to get national versions and above average in difficulty to get provincial so I'm not certain what you're talking about. Provincial rubber can cost from 40-60 USD not sure what the conversion rate is for euros. National rubber is 100+ USD right now and that's the cost to purchase as a dealer. It's really hard to get National version in stock to sell in a retail store.

If you send pictures I'd like to verify if it is really National version.

I don't think he said it was national.
he wants to know how it compares to national.
national would be better in terms of quality supposedly.
but it would still be the same rubber with same basic characteristics.
my opinion is h3neo is great when tuned.
when not tuned it's just another chinese rubber.
there are many similar chinese rubbers, some even better and cheaper than h3neo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
...and they were completely real...how is this national version diff. from the normal one?

I'm sorry, but the way he wrote this I took it as he thought it was National Orange Sponge.

The quality is very different between National, Provincial, and Commercial. The basic characteristics would simply be that it is tacky while all other basic characteristics would be different. The throw angle, consistency, degree of hardness, durability, and therefore speed and spin would all be different when comparing the Commercial to National and even Provincial.

Your comment sebas about some rubbers being better than h3 neo is an opinion of course. H3 Neo is factory tuned which means that it is only for a few players on the CNT. Most CNT players have their own method of boosting because they prefer a certain characteristic over the others. Most Chinese players prefer Hurricane 3 because it's currently the best rubber to use for their styles. Skyline TG2 and TG3 are also great rubbers, but they unfortunately have different characteristics than the H3 and that is probably why fewer players use them.

No doubt there are a bunch of rubbers out there with similar characteristics and cheap, but that is because they are commercial rubbers. Those rubbers that are cheapest are also the poorest in quality control. Not to say that it is a bad rubber, but mostly that means when you are competing consistently you want the same characteristics from sheet to sheet so that you don't have to worry about adjusting your stroke. When you are using the same rubber but with different characteristics you don't have the time to adjust your stroke in between competitions. If you're competing less or just playing club or leisure play then of course by all means save some cash and get a rubber that's close, but not a bother when switching sheets.