another video update about my training

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Get a TT Jersey. When your partner hits a ball to your elbow, don't do like Michael Maze in Rome by bending like Gumby. Drop hips a bit more for a better crouch. You make a nice job of hitting the ball in your optimal impact zone on the majority of your BH shots.

I only turned on Ur 1st most recent vid.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
saw half of your latest video. You are not resetting properly. After every stroke completion you need to reset both your uppper body as well as your legs. And this should happen together. For the upper body it is going to the ready / neutral position with your hands. For the legs , it is, what is called as a "shift" in table tennis terminology. Shift is a little hop where your feet barely leaves the ground. Carefully watch the videos of the world class players warming up. I am sure you will get it. This should solve your current problems , as pointed out by Der Echte. The intention is to keep the ball always at the same distance from the body, and not try to do it the other way round.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Issues with your backhand :
1. Missing shift.
2. Footwork is missing, you have to move with the ball.
3. You are taking the ball way out of the strike zone , which is below your chin. You have try to get your core muscles involved in your backhand. and your elbow should be the distance of one fist ( horizontal ) from your side.
Practice hard with extreme focus. If you can't focus , don't practice.