List of Pro & Cons of water based glues

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Please list the water based glues you've used, and what you DO and DON'T like about them. I will then summary your comments in this post, which will hopefully make a handy reference and data base. Give the glue a score based on how good you think it is and how it's value for money. Lastly, I hoped that everyone can contribute!

says Wangliqin Stop Spamming [IMG]
says Wangliqin Stop Spamming [IMG]
Oct 2010
theres tear mender, finezip, aqua stick, freechack, speed glue, gorrila glue... list could go on and on..

to some peeps they will never worry about it as they use the rubber for life; some change sheets over time or reglue (why bother?)
I guess this matter concerns joel cause some glues will stick really hard to blade, to rubbers, some will just destroy them both which there should be a thread about how to properly remove the glue residues

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Water based glue is less likely to contain chemicals that are destructive to the rubber. When speed gluing was more prominent rubbers had a much shorter lifespan. This is due to the constant stressing of the rubber by removing and reapplying it, but also because chemicals in the glue seep into the sponge and rubber. Water based is less likely to do that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Hey Dan, what I mean was the VOC-free table tennis glue used nowadays after the speed glue ban. Ya, Butterfly Free Chack is one of them. Anyway, thanks for liking my idea!