PDA

View Full Version : what are people using to boost rubbers now due to the glue ban?

152night
10-17-2010, 11:51 AM
does anyone know what people are putting on the rubbers as like a booster or tuner due to the glue ban?

Dan
10-17-2010, 12:02 PM
does anyone know what people are putting on the rubbers as like a booster or tuner due to the glue ban?

Hey, thanks for joining the TTDaily community...

All different types i think, such as baby oil, parrifin... but i know some good stuff,,, boost from Dandoy sports... or butterfly boost or stiga boost..

152night
10-17-2010, 01:13 PM
no worries loved your youtube channel so thought i would join this,,
ye i heard something about baby oil but what is the best thing to use??

Dan
10-17-2010, 01:17 PM
no worries loved your youtube channel so thought i would join this,,
ye i heard something about baby oil but what is the best thing to use??

Ah good to hear!

The best to use is boost from companys such as stiga, butterfly, dandoy... you need to get your hands on them... There are haifu chinese versions to

152night
10-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Ah good to hear!

The best to use is boost from companys such as stiga, butterfly, dandoy... you need to get your hands on them... There are haifu chinese versions to

where can i get some from and is it legal

Dan
10-17-2010, 03:10 PM
where can i get some from and is it legal

its illegal, but if you dont apply to much of the glue to the rubber then your rubber thickness wont exceed 4 mm... if your rubber exceeds 4 mm then its regarded as illegal... you can get some from websites i think... try google and looks on some tt shop sites.. just i think its becoming more and more rare

char987
10-17-2010, 05:26 PM
if you play local leages people shouldnt notice

TrueTears
10-17-2010, 06:32 PM
I've never used speed glue nor any boosters haha, I've tried blades with speed glue before, doesn't make that much of a difference!

chrisdarkfury
10-23-2010, 10:51 PM
i dont used also booster,because i trust my rubber.

Tom
10-27-2010, 09:03 AM
I also dont use boosters, just tenergy 05 on a fast stiga blade, i find this fast enough. However i have tried baby oil as a booster and it has a very similar effect to all table tennis boosters and is undetectable by bat testing machines. So this would definately be fine to use in the local league :)

Mezmer
10-27-2010, 09:33 AM
What do you do with it? Just rub it on the rubber or do you soak it into the sponge or something?

Dan
10-27-2010, 11:29 AM
I also dont use boosters, just tenergy 05 on a fast stiga blade, i find this fast enough. However i have tried baby oil as a booster and it has a very similar effect to all table tennis boosters and is undetectable by bat testing machines. So this would definately be fine to use in the local league :)

Maynard your bat is rapid,,, no need to for booster on that beast ha....

@Mezmer - no need for boost mate, ive seen your game, just focus on improving and getting all the techniques spot on,,, you can try boost if you really like.. you apply a layer to the rubber before you put white glue on it.

char987
10-27-2010, 11:33 AM
if u have to5 there is no need to boost but i have a mark 5 bat gonna try baby oil on it

Mezmer
10-27-2010, 12:31 PM
@Mezmer - no need for boost mate, ive seen your game, just focus on improving and getting all the techniques spot on,,, you can try boost if you really like.. you apply a layer to the rubber before you put white glue on it.

Haha, yeah I don't have a problem needing extra power it's more keeping the ball on the table being the problem! I'll skip the Boosters for a bit then. Cheers again dude, will do.

saif
11-06-2010, 07:35 PM
What about this one- http://ttnpp.com/shop/table-tennis-rubber-booster-haifu-oil-substitute-50ml-p-402.html?

WasabiQ
11-07-2010, 12:14 AM
I use lighter fluid.

Baal
11-07-2010, 01:00 AM
Dandoy booster is really good. Not needed on Tenergy, though.

Atomichaos
11-12-2010, 06:55 AM
so if u have baby oil, how do u boost? apply it on the blade b4 glue or after gglue? can someone pls tell me the specifics of boosting? xD thx

billalphonso79!
11-13-2010, 11:58 AM
is it so hard for manyfacturers to make fast glues like the old ones?

jkc
11-13-2010, 12:50 PM
It is hard because all of the chemicals which give the SG effect are banned.

Personally I am not using anything to boost my Calibra as I don't know if I could keep it under control, but you can be sure that when I get some new sheets I will be boosting the old ones as a little experiment to see what happens.

Ferdy
11-13-2010, 01:44 PM
I usually stand my paddle up in a corner get a chair and talk to it. When it plays well I praise it, when it's bad (missing shots) it has to do time out in the corner for a day. This week it has been really bad. :)

Dan
11-13-2010, 01:50 PM
I usually stand my paddle up in a corner get a chair and talk to it. When it plays well I praise it, when it's bad (missing shots) it has to do time out in the corner for a day. This week it has been really bad. :)

Lmao!! its very annoying when your bat is poor.. i feel the bat is the player at times :) maybe im wrong ha

jonyer80
11-16-2010, 12:02 PM
To be honest most of new rubbers don´t need to be tuned. Unglued Calibra is a beast and some others, however, some of them need an extra kick (mines Xiom VP or any chinese). Dandoy´s works fine and last years...

billalphonso79!
11-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Ah good to hear!

thanks!i didnt know anything about these boosts

Baal
11-16-2010, 01:41 PM
The one from Dandoy is really good.

tabletennismadness
11-16-2010, 02:44 PM
If anyone is interested in buying the old school speed glue then let me know at table-tennis@live.com

Speed glue is not illegal its just not allowed to be used in any events under ITTF rules, buy for practice or events not under ITTF rules it can be used freely.

Atomichaos
11-17-2010, 09:03 AM
so can someone tell me how to boost with baby oil/any oil pls and thank u xD

thekim
11-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Isn't tuning illegal now? Why are they being sold

jkc
11-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Tuning is illegal in official competitions which follow ITTF rules. If someone chooses to tune their rubbers for a bit of fun in practice then that is their choice. The ITTF have no power to prevent manufacturers making the stuff, dealers dealing in it and players using it for this purpose. Sadly because it can't be detected more and more people are tuning for official competition and it is fairly obvious that all the pro's are at it too although their get-out seems to be that it is 'factory tuned' so it is OK. Why should they be able to do something that we can't anyway?

STL2000
11-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Olive Oil is good. For most of my rubber it expands as I wish

madamada
11-26-2010, 05:10 PM
some rubbers are factory tuned

madamada
11-26-2010, 05:12 PM
i could beat jan ove waldner any day......................................................not at table tennis of course at posting random commets lol:)

peter
11-26-2010, 08:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys13rLMzezM

Above. Stay off the steroids kids, you don't wanna get caught like ovtcharov

jkc
12-04-2010, 10:16 PM
I put 2 new sheets of Calibra on my bat this week, so had a bit of a play around with the old sheets. After a couple of layers of the old Falco Tempo booster that I had kicking around. Anyway OMG it is quick. It's the nearest thing to the feel of Speed Glue and sounds pretty much like it too when you give it some welly. Throw angle seems higher than it was too. I only managed about 15 mins with Fred, but with the increase in throw, it felt like I was playing with ultra-fast Tenergy. Not sure how controllable it is, might have a bit of a hit against someone a bit better this week if I can find time.

billalphonso79!
12-12-2010, 09:11 PM
does anybody know if and where i can find some old speed glue cans?

billalphonso79!
12-12-2010, 09:13 PM
The one from Dandoy is really good.does it have the same effects as the old glues?have you tried it?

Justchill
12-13-2010, 01:13 PM

WTF, I've never seen this. Anyone tried this?

Boosting is putting the stuff on the other side of the rubber..

TTOski
12-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Evryone! Use the calibra sponge from STIGA. You don't need to booost them, just clean them evry day with water!

jkc
12-13-2010, 09:22 PM
You are quite right, you don't NEED to with Calibra, but everyone wants that little bit more. I'm sure if they brought glue back tomorrow, everyone would be buying the fastest rubber they can and gluing them like mad even though 90% of players wouldn't be able to control them.

josh4209211
12-14-2010, 01:28 PM
hey guys! m sorry but can somebody tell me what is boosting and what are the effects of boosting??

Kimo
12-14-2010, 05:33 PM
I did use drugs...ops...*boost before and of course liked! Haha :p

I don't recommend these things because once you start to use it you'll have a hard time to quit. For those who are using boost or speed glue I strongly recommend a faster blade.

UsakoKirei
12-21-2010, 11:08 AM

seriously now.
i dont have any experience from boosting and so on.

but this with that oil, does it really works ? :S

phillypong
03-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Hello,

Baby oil does not work well, the vegetable oil (like in the small movie) only increases the grip, not the speed.
If you want to boost just like during the era of speed glue, use paraffine (lamp oil) on the sponge (1 or better 2 layers , let dry for 1 hour).
The rubber will get a dome ,just like speed glueing and will play just like it was speed glued, and this will stay for about a week.

The Dandoy bio booster and products alike are 95 % paraffine, but A LOT more expensive than lamp oil.

Indeed I have also tried a Stiga Calibra LT sound 2 mm (on a Donic Waldner Senso Carbon), and it plays a lot tlike a glued rubber, only with less spin I would say, but good speed and SOUND !!!
On a Donic Baum Sawtec Off wood , the Calibra LT Sound 2 mm is REALLY spectacularly similar to speed glueing !!! (a player of my club has this setup and i played a match with this, it just is not suited for short play or chopping, short pushing). It is a real speed demon !!
The Calibra works best on a VERY stiff blade, making the ball dig in the rubber and the rubber kicks out the ball.

sebas-aguirre
03-27-2011, 05:33 AM
here's my two cents :)
according to my experience baby oil does not work. it will only make your rubber softer, nothing else.
parafin oil is supposed to work but people who use it say they have to leave it to dry for long time, just uncomfortable.
I found a solution that suits me good.
1- buy this product
http://www.musicroom.com/se/ID_No/0334526/details.html
2- apply it on the sponge and spread (it is a spray, like a deodorant)
3- immediately after apply speed glue in the sponge and in the blade.
4- let dry and put together
with this I have like 3 weeks of moderate playing capabilities.
my equipment is
stiga clipper with fh h3neo bh sriver
and I only tune the h3neo.

YosuaYosan
04-08-2011, 05:06 PM
i dont boost and im proud of it :P

the_M
04-09-2011, 08:39 AM
Hey There.
First Post and btw i like this forum great stuff here, especially the interviews.

Everyone should know that boosting doesnt do ur rubber any good in terms of durability.
I prefer booster like tibhar clean tune to any lamp oil or other oils ive tested before.
The effect is really good and allot like using speedglue but my T05's lasts only about two thirds of the time they would have lasted without boosting.
The special feeling u get in ur passive game and the extrem power and spin in ur active game from theese boosted Tenergys is quiet unique but hard to control and u need to train allot to have the same basic security (i hope u get what i mean i dont know the english word for it) as you have when not boosting.
And for those who play very close to the table...chinese rubbers u can boost like hell and still play close to the table. With Tenergy its allot more difficult since the rubbers get this flubbery feeling.

take care

markog99
04-11-2011, 12:52 PM

did you put the baby oil on the sponge or...?
can you pls explain the proces shortly?thx

UpSideDownCarl
05-01-2011, 09:52 AM
When you put a little baby oil on the topsheet it makes it a little more grippy. When you do it to much, to often, for too long, it kills the topsheet. When you put baby oil on the sponge it causes the sponge to expand. With baby oil, when the sponge expands, it will not shrink again. It stays expanded. Lamp oil works better for expanding the sponge. You get a better effect. Baby oil makes the sponge softer but it starts feeling mushy.

I would not bother with this stuff. Just get good rubbers like Tenergy 05 and leave them alone when you glue them on. When they are almost dead, if you put oil on the topsheet, you will get an extra few days or weeks of play out of them. Not too much though. That video is telling you to put a lot of oil on the topsheet. If you really want to figure this stuff out, just play with rubbers that are dead or dying so you do not mess your equipment up.